horror movie scares - lana winters

summary: halloween comes with some spooks and scares when sister jude allows a horror movie. your secret girlfriend is terrified, but it's okay as long as you're there.

note: this is shit and short and i have writers block but i needed to post

warnings: none

word count: 1098

.   .   .

Thunder roared in the distance, the thick metal walls muffling it. It sounded nearly like the feeling of fear as a child. Like a monster in the closet. You wouldn't be surprised. No, not here. It wouldn't be the first human creepy crawler you've come across.

Sister Jude gathered each and every patient out to the common room. You slipped past the group of the ones who were in fact insane and nudged Lana in the side.

"Hey," the brunette said, furrowing her brows and pouting with rosy lips after she got startled by your sudden presence. "You know, you could've just said hi Lana!"

"Where's the fun in that? It's halloween, Lana, come on, you don't like a little spook?" It was your first halloween celebrating with Lana. You met her in the asylum, both being locked in for the same 'illness.' After that, things developed between you two.

"I've been spooked enough by being in here. I can't look at halloween the same anymore." You both took a seat, further from the front so Sister Jude would be less likely to catch on to the conversation.

"I'm sorry Lana," you slipped your hand atop of hers on her lap, squeezing it. "But we can make halloween special, together."

The brunette woman softly smiled at you. When she heard Jude's speech begin, she ripped her hand away and turned to face the front. She always seemed more afraid to get caught than you did. You didn't blame her.

The movie began to roll and the lights in the room dimmed. A shiver coursed through your bones. You couldn't remember the last time you actually felt warmth. They never provided the correct clothing for the change of seasons. Especially for the women who had to wear dresses and night gowns.

You felt Lana's gentle hand creep onto your thigh. Rubbing in some circulation to warm you up. You felt the urge to rest your head against her shoulder as your tired eyes grew heavy. The horror and gore on the screen didn't faze you too much. You've seen so much in your own life to be afraid of it.

Apparently it was different for Lana. It started with heavy and uneven breaths. And then you could feel her body temperature heat up beside you. The hand on your thigh got sweaty and she soon pulled it away. And when another murder occurred on the screen and a man with a nasty mask was shown, she completely lost it and ran towards the door.

Your concerned eyes followed her movements, but nobody else seemed to notice. You supposed that she asked the guard to use the restroom, because he simply blew her off and let her through the doors.

You were afraid of Lana being all alone in this condition. Especially in an unsafe environment. Any little thing, as simple as a shadow or a roar of thunder could trigger her further, and she would have nobody to help her out of it.

You excused yourself with the same excuse as Lana. The hallways were dark, empty. Completely terrifying. You wondered how Lana walked around here alone in the state she's in. But then you remember how brave that woman is.

"Lana," you whispered, voice horse and echoed down the hall. You followed sniffles and uneven breathing towards one of the empty cells. "Lana," you called again, and that's when you saw her curled up in the dark corner.

"Lana, sweetheart." You walked towards her and kneeled down. You were unsure if she knew of your presence. If she was too far deep into her own head and trauma. Her face was buried in her knees, and her arms protectively wrapped around her trembling body.

"Honey. It's me. It's y/n. Can I touch you?" She gave you a simple nod of confirmation and so you gently tugged her onto your lap. You were the only person her brain would allow. However, she wasn't that far gone if she was letting you touch her. "Breathe for me. In and out."

You pushed away brown strands of hair that stuck to her wet face. Her breathing didn't seem to ease, and at this rate, you were worried. There wasn't a doctor that could help. It was just you.

You hooked a finger under her chin and tilted her head towards you. Red, puffy eyes sleepily gazed into yours. She wasn't just tired because it was a late hour. She was exhausted of fighting.

"Let's breathe together. Nice and slow, ready?" She nodded once more, and you tapped your thumb four times against her cheek while you both breathed in. Another four to hold. And you both let it out for eight taps. It wasn't the first time you've practiced this with her.

Two more rounds were needed for Lana to feel somewhat relaxed again. She rested her head against your chest and her entire body slightly tensed at the sudden roar of thunder. If you could fight mother nature, you would.

"I w-want to be normal," Lana silently cried into your soft skin. Warm tears dripped onto your clothes but it didn't bother you a single bit. "I don't want to always feel like t-this."

"You are normal, Lana," your hands brushed through her knotted hair, rubbing into her scalp to ease her. "It's everyone else that's abnormal, my love. Everyone that made you feel like this."

"I can't get scared at every single noise or scary face. I can't live like that. It's so terrifying when it happens." She began fidgeting with the hem of your nightgown, twisting the fabric between her fingers to distract herself from the problem.

"I know. I know. And I wish I could just fix everything but- but I can't. I'll always be right here for you though. Every time you feel this way, I'll make it better, okay?"

Lana looked up at you again, sniffled and said, "You do fix things. I don't know if I could've still went on if I didn't have you with me. I- I couldn't ever do this alone."

You leaned down and brushed your nose against hers, pecking her lips with a kiss. "You won't ever have to do this alone. I always be wherever you are."