sweater weather - cordelia goode

request: "hii !! i love ur writing sm,, if ur taking requests could you maybe do a wee fluffy oneshot type thing abt reader getting caught stealing delias clothes (or the other way round)"

warnings: none

word count: 921

.   .   .

It wasn't everyday that Cordelia was out for a council meeting. But when she was, you missed her terribly. You've always been close with Cordelia, since the moment you stepped foot in the academy. You both just clicked. And when she left, it really did make you feel so alone in a house full of girls. Now that you were dating her, it only made it worse when she left.

The girls never fail to mention how you're both attached to the hip. And you couldn't say that you disagree with them. That's why, being separated for even a few days made you feel like the other half of you has been ripped off.

Your bed felt cold and much bigger than usual. And the days felt like they dragged.

Even when you face timed her before bed and when you woke up, it wasn't the same as actually having her arms around you and her lips on yours. You missed her warm touch.

As you got ready for bed, you realized it was much colder than normal. So, you threw Cordelia's sweater on instead of your own. Honestly, you used being cold as an excuse because you would still wear her sweaters even if it was mid July.

You couldn't help it, you loved the warmth and Cordelia's scent that it enveloped you in every time you wore her clothes. If you closed your eyes then it could somehow simulate her being with you and holding you.

When you got under the covers, you snuggled closer to Cordelia's side and her scent from her pillow quickly took over your nose. You couldn't help but slowly fall asleep from it.

Only an hour or so later, you stirred awake when you heard the door slowly creak open. Cordelia wasn't due to be home for another three days so you figured it must've been one of the girls. Either that or there's been an intruder. But honestly, you were too tired to even care.

"Save your pranks for another night. I'm tired" you muttered incoherently. It wasn't the first time one of the girls had tried to prank you in your sleep whenever Cordelia wasn't around.

Then you heard a slight giggle although it didn't sound like when the girls were sneaking around and trying to contain their laugh. No, this was Cordelia's giggle.

"Delia?" You prompted yourself up on your elbows and rubbed your tired eyes with your free hand. You could see nothing but her silhouette considering that the room was dark. "Hi sweetheart" it was clear that she was smiling just by the way her voice sounds.

She walked towards the bed and turned on the dim lamp. "What are you doing home?" you couldn't contain the smile that was tugging at your lips. You just wanted to lunge yourself at her  with a big hug and never let go but even though she wouldn't mind that, you still had to contain yourself.

"Finished earlier than expected and I just wanted to come home and see you" she leaned forward and captured your lips in her own.

When she pulled away, she gently grabbed the hem around your neck of 'your' sweater. "And is this mine?"

You looked down at what you were wearing as to recall the memory of putting it on and that's when a rosy hue appeared on your cheeks. "Possibly" you looked back up and gave her a sheepish grin, trying to play it cool although the supreme could see through you.

"You're swimming in it, honey" she beamed back at you, lightly biting down on her lip. She caught you wearing her clothes before, however, this time felt different because she knew you only wore it due to missing her so much.

"But it looks adorable on you. You should wear my clothes more often" at that, you looked back down when you felt your cheeks become much hotter. You knew you must be the same shade as a rose right now.

"Awe, are you blushing, sweetie?" she giggled again and hooked her finger under your chin, gently pushing your head back up. "N-no" even after a whole year of dating Cordelia, she still manages to get you all flustered. "Mhm. Sure, cutie."

Mere seconds later you let out a yawn "How about we get to bed, clothes stealer?"

You rolled your eyes at her playfully and got right back under the covers. You watched as Cordelia got ready for bed. You had to admit, you had a staring problem when it came to her.

She was instantly warmed up when she got in bed that was already heated up with your body warmth. "Come here darling" she outstretched her arms towards you but you didn't even need the permission to completely lay yourself on top of her.

She slithered her hand under 'your' sweater and was met with your warm skin. She started gently scratching your back, her nails hardly touching your soft flesh. You then rested your head on her chest and the sound of her heartbeat was almost enough to put you to sleep.

"Goodnight Delia. I love you" you mumbled right before your breathing evened out. She leaned down and placed a lingering kiss on your forehead. "Goodnight y/n. I love you too."