and it all comes down to you - lana winters

summary: after lana goes through an awful treatment, you take her to your secret spot to cheer her up.

warning: mention of electroshock therapy

word count: 1766

.   .   .

You had always been sort of protective over Lana. You watched her as she got thrown inside of the asylum for the first time ever. You were sitting in the common room when an unfamiliar brunette walked in. You wondered what a women such as herself had done to get into an asylum. She was beautiful, ethereal, breathtaking, you needed to know more about her.

So you did, you approached her and as time went on, you got closer and closer with her. You would fight for her whenever the guards would try and take her away for some treatment that she didn't deserve. She would beg, sob for you to stop because it only got you into trouble. But how could you stop, they were hurting Lana, your Lana.

Then one night, when there was no one around, you couldn't hold yourself back anymore. You kissed her. You were scared that you'd lost your best friend, your only friend. But then she grabbed your neck and deeply kissed you back. From then on you vowed to always protect her, to always make her feel safe albeit that wasn't easy being in this monstrous place. They kept on taking her from you and each time she would come back, there was a new bruise or wound added to her.

But today, you hadn't even got to see Lana. She had a treatment early in the morning and then you did right after. It was almost like they knew about the both of you and they were trying to keep you away from each other but really, you wouldn't doubt it because these people were more insane than the patients.

As you walked into the common room, you eyes scanned the room for your beloved brunette. Everything was quite blurry from your own treatment but you fought through it because you knew Lana needed you.

And then you spotted her sitting on the couch, her head resting on the arm of it. She stared right at the wall looking dead inside. You could see from afar, the tears running down her face. Oh how your heart broke.

"Lana" you said as you approached her but she made no effort to move even her eyes. "baby" you said, pushing the hair out of her face to reveal a new bruise on her temples. It was awful, yellow, red, purple. How could they do this to her?

"What did they do to you?" You said sternly out of fear and anger. "They tried a new treatment on my head" she said, biting her lip that was trembling, suddenly trying to keep her tears in now that she was back into this universe and not space. "Oh baby' you were about to pull her into your lap until you realized where you were. You wanted to hold and kiss her and tell her that it was all going to be okay, that one day you would both be out of here and living your bests lives together but that wasn't possible unfortunately.

"Follow me" you said abruptly after a short moment of silence, beginning to stand up. She slowly, hesitantly followed your lead "where?" she caught up to your side although you didn't answer her because you knew she wouldn't go anywhere without permission; she was too scared to get in trouble and have more punishment done but you couldn't blame her.

Either way, she followed your lead out of the common room and down a hallway that they usually don't take patients in fact, not even the guards or doctors go down there, its just an used hallway.

"Where are we going, we aren't supposed to be down here y/n" you could hear the panic in her voice so this time you couldn't help but acknowledge her. "Just be quiet and we won't get caught" you said softly though, keeping in mind how fragile your secret girlfriend was at times like these.

She stared at you. You could read her face. She looked unsure, nervous, she even had tears in her eyes "Lana" you whispered, moving so close to her that your bodies were touching. You cupped her cheek "I would never, ever bring you somewhere if i knew that you would get in trouble. I've been down here before, i know that nobody comes down here. We're fine, i promise.'