TF 3| Mirage x Shapeshifter! Reader [part 2]

Requested by: @hazelButton
Plot: During a scouting mission you encounter Decepticons. Mirage tells you to hide and while you're trying to do that, lockdown shows up.
Your form is a black Pegasus and Mirage is your boyfriend.
_______________
((Third person))

Sun split the branches above (y/n)'s head and sliced naturally through the shadows, dappling the forest floor. The black mare relished the rays that warmed her back and sighed in delight. The warm mid summer breeze rustled the leaves and birds sang happily above her, also enjoying the the warmth.

She paused.
Looking over her shoulder as Sunstreaker, Sideswipe and Mirage were chattering. Not because they enjoyed this scouting mission so much. The complaints annoyed her a little bit. Couldn't they just be happy to be out of the base instead of complaining about their paint job?

She jumped forward as Mirage nearly stepped on her and uttered and annoyed noise that caught their attention. "I am so sorry, (y/n)..." Mirage apologized. She snorted and trotted deeper into the forest. The floor was still a little wet from a storm that swept the forest last night and she had to watch her step for holes and mud.

"(Y/n)!"

She ignored Mirage's calls from behind her. The spy hated it when she left without him. Over the last few months, they became even closer than before and also meant that he was around nearly all day. She loved him and that would probably never go away.

(Y/n) halted as she neared a creek. She wasn't too sure where to form here. Mirage seemed to have a plan on where to go. "(Y/n)! What did I tell you about leaving my side?"

She twitched her ears and barely reacted on his presence. "I just picked up a signal..." he trailed off. "So? Deeper into the forest?" Sunstreaker grumbled. "I fear so..." Sideswipe muttered. Dino rolled his optics and checked his scanners once more. "North... that way." He pointed into the right direction and started walking.

"Don't forget your mare..."
Angrily (y/n) snorted. She was his, but the way Sunstreaker pointed it out irritated her even more and ruined the good mood she once had when she got here. It had been weeks months even after the last time she had entered the forest.

It's not really a place for Cybertronians and she doubted Mirage wanted to spend his spare time in the wild. She respected that, but deep down she missed the flowers, soft breeze and all the scents that gave her a free feeling.

Het heart lifted by the sound of a noise. Ahead of her she heard metal shifting and pedsteps were stalking towards her. Danger. It was the only thing that popped up in her mind right now. (Y/n) froze, fear clutching her belly.

"(Y/n)! You need to hide! Quick!"
Mirage order pulled her from a trance and she turned on heels, leaving the place. She quickened her pace and jumped over a dead tree. Her hooves trumped on the forest floor but the sound of metal was still close behind her.

Mixmaster jumped from her left, nearly getting her. (Y/n) lost her balance and scratched with her knees over the gravel near the river. The Decepticon bumped straight into a tree and collapsed with a loud thud.

The black mare turned around, leaving the place. Reaching a field she was nearly knocked off her hooves by a blast. She stopped abruptly,— ears folded in her neck. Flanks rising quickly. A broad shouldered mech slid down from the rocks and looked down at her.

Recognition itched in her hooves as his green eyed scanned her from head to hood. The one thing that caught her off guard was the fact that there was no insignia. (Y/n) desperately tried to find one, but there simply wasn't a symbol.

The fear that rose up in her body was too much for her to handle and she blacked out. A smirk crept up on Lockdown's face but before he was able to take her. Mixmaster appeared again and came to a stop. The surprise filled his eyes. "What do you think you're doing?" He hissed.

The iron look on Lockdown's face didn't betray anything as he slowly approached the mech. "This is my protect now get out of here!" Lockdown snarled as he narrowed his optics. Mixmaster raised his servo's,— stepping back.

Little did any them know about Mirage's presence. The spy sneaked up behind Lockdown and waited for the perfect moment. Mixmaster turned around, he didn't want to end up in a conflict with Lockdown at all. With a huff, Lockdown watched the mech run off and transform.

That was the moment Mirage tackled Lockdown on the floor with so much force he nearly knocked him out. The green eyed mech turned on his mech,—kicking Mirage full in the guts. The red spy uttered an agonized groan as he collapsed on the floor with a loud thud,— giving lockdown the opportunity to recover from the attack.

As soon as Mirage took note of this, he got back on his left and punched Lockdown,— his blades slipping into place. Lockdown barely reacted on the cut that Dino caused him. Sideswipe and Sunstreaker both arrived on the scene, firing at Lockdown.

The mech let out a battle cry and lunged for Sunstreaker. Sideswipe got his pack and ditched the attack easily, hitting lockdown quite hard. While the two ex-gladiators were fighting Lockdown, Mirage bent over (y/n) to see if she was still alive. 

A little relieved he sighed and perked his head up when Lockdown left, giving up the fight. Sunstreaker was about to chase him, but Sideswipe stopped him and shook his helm. "Let it go, Sunny..." angrily Sunstreaker paced around a bit before looking down at (y/n).

(Y/n) was a little confused as she woke up in her human form. She couldn't clearly remember what happened but was happy to see Mirage beside her on the bed they shared. "What happened?" She asked,— holding her head. "Lockdown got you..."

Mirage sat beside her and pulled her closer. "You passed out, woke up briefly and changed back... during the ride you lost consciousness again. You can't remember?" He questioned. (Y/n) shook her head and rested her head on his chest. "I love you..." she heard him whisper and looked up.

"I know... and I love you too..."
She gently pulled him in a kiss and smiled. "Tired?" He asked. "Little bit, yes..." she muttered as she laid back down on his chest. The spy wrapped his arm around her and hummed, rubbing her to sleep. Last thing she heard before falling asleep was: "I love you baby..."