TFP| Smokescreen x human! Female reader

Plot: Smokescreen is assigned to keep an eye on (Y/n) and be her guardian.

Warnings: None
___________________________

'No! I ain't gonna be part of this!'

Jack ran after me. '(Y/n)! Stop, please!' He almost tripped over his own feet. 'Listen, please.' He grabbed my elbow and forced me to look at him. 'I know this is probably a little freaky, but you can't just ignore this, not after what happened the other day,' he spoke and let go of my arm. I crossed my arms. The last day wasn't particularly a nice day. I had been in the middle of a crossfire between two alien sides.

'Optimus asked if you could come to the base,' he said after a brief silence. 'Tell him I keep my mouth shut but won't be part of this mess, okay?' Jack let me pass. 'You're in danger...' he trailed off. 'I'm fine, Jack. Just leave me alone,' I snapped and headed home. I was home alone again, but I didn't mind the silence. I love the peace of it.'

((Smokescreen's P.O.V))
Jack and Arcee rolled in. More souls to annoy. I grinned at myself. Optimus turned his attention to the arriving two. 'Did you manage to talk to (Y/n)?' Jack sucked in a breath and shook his head. 'I tried, but she doesn't want to listen. She doesn't want to believe she's in danger nor does she want to talk about what happened yesterday. She's always been a loner, a little shy here and there...' he trailed off; thinking.

'You think they will go after her?' Arcee questioned. 'I fear they might. The Decepticons probably see (Y/n) as an alliance. I don't want to risk it,' he stated. 'Great... more souls to distract me from my work,' Ratchet scolded. 'And who's even supposed to look after her anyway?! I'm not gonna do it,' the medic scolded. No one would even expect Ratchet to volunteer. 'I can do if.' I raised my servo without even thinking. Ratchet huffed, 'you?! You don't even know how to drive properly. Do you even realize how dangerous it is to drive above the speed limit in a crowded area? You'd like to give June more work?'

Optimus raised his servo at peace. 'Enough now, Ratchet. We already talked about it. No need to repeat it,' Prime spoke. I was glad he did. The last thing I want is a lecture from Ratchet with everyone around. I stepped forwards and raised my doorwings. 'I can do it! Maybe I can just stick around, make sure she's fine and if she needs help, I'll be there!' I chirped. Prime was thinking about it and looked around the small group of Autobots. There's no one else around to do it. Arcee, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee are already taken by a human. Prime is too busy, Ratchet dislikes it and Wheeljack is Primus knows where.

'Alright then...'

I made a jump in excitement, finally an opportunity to prove myself to everyone. '... but...' Prime rose his voice. 'You have to take this very seriously, you understand?' I nodded rapidly. 'Don't worry! She will be safe with me, I promise,' I chirped. I've only seen her once, briefly but never got the chance to introduce myself to her. I wasn't sure how I was going to do that yet though.

((Y/n)'s P.O.V))
As the sun started to rise, I made myself ready for school. I took breakfast along with me on the way. Five minutes extra in bed turned into 30 minutes and now I'm running late. That's always the issue with me. Lack of motivation. Honestly, I don't have a lot of motivation to do anything. My parents pretend I don't exist. They neglect me and I hate it. They never abused me physically, but the neglect is painful.

I walked out of the front door and locked the door behind me before I started strolling towards school. Jack better doesn't start complaining again. What happened two days ago is not important anymore. The faster I forget, the better it is.

On my way, I noticed a sports car. It followed me from my home to school. If this was supposed to be some sort of undercover mission from the Autobots, then they suck. I stopped and turned to the car. 'You suck,' I snapped. There was a brief silence before a young man appeared next to the car. I guessed his age around his early twenties. 'Uh... y-yeah...' he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

'Is this your first time following a human?'

He nodded and down-casted his eyes in embarrassment. For some reason, I felt bad. He did take an effort to try at least. I stepped closer. 'So... what's your name?' He perked his head up and started smiling. 'Smokescreen! But you can call me Smokey for short! A lot of people just call me Smokey,' he chirped and stepped forward. He has some serious positive energy. 'Right, I'm (Y/n), but you already know.' He nodded his head rapidly. 'I do! I'm your guardian and there's nothing you can do about it! I take this job very seriously,' he stated and crossed his arms to make his statement.

'Yeah, I bet... well, I have to go... so...' my voice died down and I stepped back. 'I will take you home after school,' he stated. 'Oh, you don't have to—' he cut me off. 'And I'll bring snacks!' I guess he hadn't even heard what I tried to tell him. 'Right, look... I have to hustle...' I gestured at the school building behind me. Smokey waved his hand. 'Yeah, go! I'll be nearby,' he stated and leveled me a smile before I slowly turned around and walked towards the school building.

That afternoon, Smokescreen was waiting for me in the parking lot. He grabbed my hand. 'Hop in!' He seemed very excited. I buckled up and he drove off. He had a nice car, I had to give him that. Next to my feet was a plastic bag with snacks. A wry smile stretched over my lips. No one ever bought me snacks.

I listened to Smokey's rambling while he headed to my home. He made himself at home as if he knew me for seven years. Smokescreen is a very extrovert mech and it did have a positive effect on me. He flopped beside me with a soda can and rested his feet on the coffee table. 'You and I are going to be best friends! I can feel it.' He gestured at us. 'Where are your parents?' I shook my head and stared at the TV. 'They're never really around. I was a mistake... they're just stuck with me.'

'Well, I do know how that feels...' I cocked my head to the side. 'I had struggles too, back on my home planet. Still have trouble trying to prove myself sometimes. It doesn't matter, we have each other and we are going to be best friends!'