TF 3| Sideswipe x human! Female reader x Sunstreaker

Requested by: Ravage4

Plot: You get seriously injured in battle and the twins are there to help you through it and support you.
You work for N.E.S.T and the twins are your sparkmates.

Warnings: blood & strong language

Date: august 8th 2021
______________________
((Y/n)'s P.O.V))

'Please Promise us to be careful, (Y/n).'

I rolled my eyes at Sunstreaker. "Yeah, yeah... I will. Don't worry so much, Jeez," I muttered and turned around. Sideswipe grasped my bicep and pulled me against his chest. "We mean it, (Y/n). We don't want you to end up dead... we can't lose you. We already lost so many bots we cared about. We don't want you to be one of the few who won't come back. We hate it you have to go alone," Sideswipe muttered and nuzzled his nose with mine. A smile crept up on my lips as I softly carried his cheek with my thumb.

Overprotective or not, he cares and that's what I love so much about him. Unlike his twin, Sideswipe actually does show his feelings. Nevertheless, Sunstreaker means just as much to be as Sideswipe and I want nothing more but to be with them all day. Unfortunately, I got orders and I need to follow them. Just like everyone else, despite being their sparkmate. After a kiss, I walked over to Epps to join him and leave.

((Sideswipe's P.O.V))
"I hope she'll be alright."

Sunstreaker shrugged, "she's tough, she'll be alright," he stated firmly and walked over to his alt-mode. "What are you going to do?" I questioned. "I don't know... I think I am going to take a nap."
"Your fifteen-minute power nap?" I laughed. "What's wrong with that?" He sulked. "Your naps usually take two hours or so... you're always complaining that it needs to be fifteen minutes because otherwise, it's not a power nap," I stated firmly. "Leave me, Sideswipe."

I sighed and watched his holoform disappear. I patted his roof. "Alright bro, love you." I walked around him towards the door but heard him mumble, 'love you too, bro.'
A smile formed on my lips as I reached the door and decided to hang out with Jazz and Mirage. If I am right they are in the training room. I have so much energy, I really need to train and get it out.

Around the evening, I walked back towards the main hanger where I had left my brother for a nap and I guess he's still in recharge. I tickled his headlight a little to wake him up and gosh he hates it when I do that. "Sideswipe!" he snarled annoyed yet sleepily. "Bro... wake up," I cooed and tickled his headlight again. Sunny's engine rumbled and his headlights flickered. "Stop that!" he snapped. His holoform appeared next to his alt-mode.

"So... how was your power nap?" I joked but couldn't really blame him. For three nights, he has done duties and patrols, I know he's tired even he will never admit it. "It was good... until you showed up," he sulked. I laughed and we walked off. "You managed to entertain yourself without getting yourself into trouble or annoy me because you're bored," he muttered. "I had some training with Mirage and Jazz and after that, I found Ironhide and he let me help him. I taught him a card came Lennox and Epps taught me two weeks ago," I stated. "I thought... maybe I can teach you too so we can play with (Y/n)."

A smile crept upon his face. It's rare to see him smile. "What?" I asked. "Nothing, you're always looking for new entertainment for yourself and others. I am glad you're not like me," he said. We halted at the sound of lots of motion. "What's going on?" Sunstreaker and I both deactivated our holoforms and transformed. "Prime... are there Decepticons? Do we need to roll out?" I asked. "Calm down, both of you. No Decepticons, not in Washington, but we just got a call from Epps that they have encountered Barricade..."

My spark nearly stopped beating. "Is (Y/n) alright?" I asked. "We don't know what the status is yet, Ironhide and Prowl are out now but a chopper will land in about ten minutes. Ratchet is preparing the medbay. Epps said it's bad and that there are multiple deaths."
I exchanged a look with my brother before we headed for the medbay. It was bad, Prime hadn't lied about it. (Y/n) was badly injured Ratchet had to operate on her. It took him more than six hours and we were so scared she would not make it.

Luckily, Ratchet told us that he was able to save (Y/n) leg but that she had internal bleeding, broken ribs. He said she'll recover but needs lots of rest. We were both sitting by her side, rubbing her head and whispering things in Cybertronian in her ear. We didn't want to leave her at all so we stayed all day. Around the afternoon the next day, she woke up and looked at us, still a little woozy from the anesthesia. Ratchet already predicted she would sleep for a couple of hours. "Twins...." I kissed her and rubbed her cheek.

"(Y/n)... we told you to be careful."
Sunstreaker moved closer and nuzzled in her neck. "I am sorry... it didn't go as planned. Barricade showed up... it was an ambush, boys." I shook my head and kissed her forehead tenderly. "You'll be alright. Ratchet says you're going to be alright," Sunstreaker mumbled and rubbed her cheek. She smiled and nodded before falling back into a deep slumber. We left here to sleep, she needs it and we had some duties to do. I am sure Ratchet and Jolt will keep a close eye on her.

((Y/N)'s P.O.V))
As a couple of days passed, I started to feel better and did my daily therapy. Ratchet told me to take it easy, but I feel useless. I hate feeling this way. I slid out of bed and walked back to my room, dressing up in my uniform. My leg was hurting quite a lot, but I told myself it's only temporary, it will go away. I grabbed my guns and half limping I headed for the main hanger. I am still bruised as well, my entire right flank is blue, swollen from the operations and breathing is also still hard. What did I expect with broken ribs. I decided to take it easy the first few days, no heavy training, just normal shifts to start with, but I refuse to be useless.

"Optimus."
The mech turned around, rather surprised and shocked. "(Y/n)... what are you doing here?" he asked. He approached me and stopped me from walking. "Duty. Where can I start?" I asked. He looked over me briefly and shook his head, "no, (Y/n)... you nearly died. You shouldn't be here, you need rest, where are the twins?" he questioned. I started to feel woozy and felt Optimus grab me and guide me onto the ground. Both his hands were covered in blood as he let go of me. I guess I ripped my stitches. Before I lost consciousness, I felt the twins kneel down by my side.

As I woke up, I was back in the medbay again. "What were you thinking!" Ratchet shouted, marching over to the side of my bed. "Ratchet... don't yell at her. That's not going to work," Sideswipe stated, pushing him aside. "You were stupid." I rolled my eyes at Sunstreaker's remark. "Look at me, why did you do that?" he asked. I glanced at him. I felt some tears welling up. Ratchet left to give us some privacy.

"Why?" They questioned in sync. "I don't want you guys to leave me." Sideswipe sat down, "why would we leave you?" He asked, lifting my chin and brushed some tears off my face. "Because I am wounded... useless."
"Baby, no. That's not the case. We would never leave you because you're wounded. We have been wounded before. It happens on the battlefield and we know exactly how you feel. We have been through it as well."

I sniffed and wiped some tears off my cheeks. "Don't say you're useless. Before you know you're functioning as you should and join us in battle again," Sideswipe stated and pressed a gentle kiss on my lips. They hugged and comforted me.

Unfortunately, I had to go back into surgery to repair the damage I had done by leaving the medbay. The twins promised me to be with me as I wake up, just like last time and they kept their promise. "Can we stay with her in the medbay? To keep her company?" Sideswipe questioned. Ratchet grunted and glanced at me, "only if you promise to follow my advice and stay here in the medbay!" He warned. I sleepily nodded, "I promise."

"Fine, but no fragging. Don't make me catch you because I swear I'll rip your interface circuits out and lock you up in the brig!" He pointed at the twins and his warning was mostly directed for the twins. They're naughty mechs sometimes and Ratchet already caught us once when they were in heat last year. That was the most awkward thing I have ever been through.

"Promise."

Ratchet accepted their sync reply and walked off. Both snuggled next to me and whispered sweet words in Cybertronian while I slowly drifted off in a deep slumber between my twins.