TF 3| Mirage x Shy! Female reader ((fluff))

Requested by: Sunnyensides
Plot: (y/n) parents died a few weeks ago after a Decepticon attack. She now lives with her aunt and moved in only a week ago and is really insecure about herself and it's hard for her to make contact with other people. She feels lonely and is still grieving and her aunt asks Mirage to visit her and talk to her. After the death of her parents she also stopped talking.

Warnings:
_____________________

"(Y/n)!!"

With a jolt, (y/n) woke up from her deep slumber. Confused she looked around before sitting up straight and rubbed her eyes to get the sleep out. As she heard her name again, she slid out of bed and appeared in the staircase. "You have school... hurry..."

She clenched her teeth together and shivered. She didn't want to go to school. It's only day two but people already gossip behind her back, making her insecure about herself. She has no reason to be insecure at all, but it's just her stupid shyness that caused her to feel that way.

After breakfast, she left for school,— keeping her head low and listened to the cars driving around her and other noises like birds and even some cats and dogs. Reaching school, she quickly walked over to her first class, math.

"Hey newbie!"

She jolted and turned to look at some girls. "Aren't you able to talk?" She mocked. (Y/n) decided to ignore and keep walking to her first class. 'Soon or later they'll forget about me' (y/n) thought and shrugged her shoulders. It's her senior year anyway.

After finishing school, she studied for some tests coming up next week. "(Y/n)..." her aunt opened the door of her room, I interrupting her. "We have a guest tonight..." she said a frown spread all over her face. 'A guest?' She asked herself. She wasn't waiting for a guest because she knew he would ask where she came from.

"He'll come at 7 PM..." she added.
(Y/n) turned back to her work,— ignoring her aunt. "He's an Autobot..." she added before leaving.

That evening, (y/n) heard a voice coming from the hall. A guy with a sexy Italian accent. Out of curiosity, she walked over to the staircase to listen. "(Y/n)!" Her aunt called and with some hesitation, she headed down.

A young man around 20 was standing there, face nicely shaved, the most bluest eyes (y/n) had ever seen and a body to drool over. She shook his hand as he introduced and felt his smooth fair skin. The perfume he had made her body shiver in delight. She had never smell something so delicious as his perfume.

"I am Mirage... but people call me Dino. You can choose wether you call me Dino or Mirage..." he replied. "You don't talk, do you?" He asked. I didn't answer him but shrugged my shoulders and pretended I wasn't curious about him.

I lost my parents but I definitely didn't want to get attached to someone and loose that person eventually. Dino sat in front of me and stared at me, making me uncomfortable. "Glad you could join us tonight, Mirage," my aunt said as she placed the pan on the table.

I mentally groaned. Exactly the food I didn't like and now I had to eat it. Normally I am already a slow eater and this didn't help at all. Dino didn't seem to have any problems with the food and put some food on his plate. Throughout dinner, (y/n) listened to Dino's stories about Cybertron and his missions as spy which really interested her.

While she was struggling to eat the food without gagging, her aunt and Mirage finished. As her aunt got up, Mirage grabbed her plate and switched it with his own. Surprised, she gazed at him. "Our secret..." he said with a weak smirk on his face.

(Y/n) smiled a little and perked her head up when her aunt strode in again. She had no idea how Mirage did it, but he managed to eat half of her plate in a record time. The spy leaned back, resting his arm behind the backrest of the wooden chair.

"Thank you for dinner..."

Her aunt nodded and cleaned up the table. (Y/n) used it to sneak upstairs and closed the door softly behind her. Staring outside, she spotted the nice Ferrari 458 Italia parked on their land. It explained his Italian accent though.

Before Mirage left, he came into her room again and softly closed the door behind him. "Your aunt didn't want me tell but... I don't want to have a bad start so... I'll tell you anyway..." mirage went off. (Y/n) frowned, "I am here because your aunt asked me. She's worried about you..."

She wasn't sure if she was angry or not. (Y/n) didn't want her aunt to stick her nose in her business and she definitely didn't want her aunt to involve other people. She turned back towards her math and completely ignored him. He walked up to her and wrote down his number before he left without saying anything else. For a good moment, she kept staring at the number before brushing it off.

The next following week was really tough all the tests required a lot from her and she was so scared to mess up that she stayed up all night to study.
She jolted awake as someone touched her arm softly and realized she had fallen asleep last night. "(Y/n)?"
She recognized the Italian voice. Mirage.

She wondered what he was doing here but let him help her up and sat her down on the edge of her double bed. "Sorry to wake you up like this... but it's probably uncomfortable to lay on the ground like that..." he said. She couldn't deny it and stared at him again. "Your aunt left for a business trip..." he trailed off. She nearly forgot and nodded. "I'd like it if you come with me to N.E.S.T..."

She shook her head furiously and got up. Another new place with lots of new people. No, she didn't want to leave her safe spot here at home. "I got orders to stay with you..." he trailed off.

"You don't have to stay..."

Mirage perked his head up by the soft feminine voice that was just hearable enough for him to head. "I want to stay because I don't want you to feel lonely or upset..." he replied. "I am fine..."

"You're not..."

She snorted softly and disappeared in the bathroom. Like he said, he wasn't leaving and deep down, (y/n) loved to have around for the week, but she kept keeping distance,— refusing to let him in fully because the chance of losing him was too big. Being broken again was probably too much for (y/n) to handle. At least she felt comfortable enough to talk to him every now and then and noticed his sweet and funny he actually is, yet he has something impatient and arrogant.

Dino pulled (y/n) on his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Why don't you just open up for me?"
Jos question surprised her. "Because I am scared to lose you too..." was her soft reply. "You won't..."
"How do you know?" She whispered. He shrugged and smiled. "I like you, (y/n) and I would love to know you better..." he said. She blushed madly at his words. "I really do..." he went on firmly.

She didn't feel special by any mean, but his word made her heart flutter. "I would like that too..." she mumbled eventually. Dino wrapped his arms tightly around her again. "Good because I'll take you out for dinner next well!" He whispered in her ear.

(Y/n) buried her face in his firm chest to hide her dark blush and embarrassment. Dino made some circles on her back while a silence fell between them. (Y/n) softly gripped his shirt and a smile crept up on her face. She hadn't felt this way since her parents died.

"I am so sorry about what happened to your parents. We brought the war on your planet..."

(Y/n) sat up straight and laid her hand on his cheek. "It's not your fault. So don't apologize for something you didn't do. Megatron started the war, not you and I am glad I met you because you were right... I feel less lonely."

"Of course I am right. I am always right and the best company in the world! People are crazy if they don't want me around because I am fragging funny and handsome!" He stated in a matter of fact token (y/n) laughed at it and hugged him again, closing her eyes while Dino wrapped a blanket over her mad and his legs.

She shut her eyes and slowly drifted off but before she was out she heard him whisper: "ti Buonanotte, amore..."