TFP| Optimus x Ratchet ((fluff))

📌Requested by: RuddyPascall456

⚠️Warnings: slight swearing and lemon.

📝Plot: Ratchet and Optimus at sparkmates but they don't see eat other that often due to their jobs. Despite this, Ratchet is troubling with his feelings and doesn't want to saddle Optimus up with his problems. In the end, Optimus makes it up with Ratchet.

🔈I am sorry it took me so long to finish this request. I was troubling with some stress due to my exams and I had a writers block, but got my inspiration back!
_____________________
((Third P.O.V))

Ratchet tried to relax as the minutes ticked by and Optimus still hadn't returned from his patrol. The medic couldn't help but wonder if everything was alright. Optimus didn't get ambushed right? His mind filled with many questions and scenarios he didn't want to think about. Despite his worry, also a form of hope filled his frame. Or he can better describe it as deep desire. A desire that grew so badly it was nearly impossible for the older bot to handle and yet, he hadn't uttered a single word about it to Optimus. Scared to saddle the leader up with his problems. Being Optimus's medic and spark mate isn't always easy. They don't have much time together nor see each other a lot. The reason Ratchet's desire grew so badly. All due to the fact Optimus was busy as commander of the Autobots and Ratchet with patching up poor souls coming out of battle. Being outnumbered is a bad thing, but getting injured out and nearly die horrified the medic more than most people knew. Although he had never spoken to anyone about his big concerns, Ratchet promised himself, after Cliffjumper's death, no other mech or femme would die under his watch and for so far, he kept that promise.

Ratchet vented and turned back to his computer and an awaiting Smokescreen, carefully moving his legs as he sat on the medical berth. "Are you almost done?" Ratchet gritted his teeth, barely able to control his upcoming anger for the young impatient mech. "If you say one more word! I will rip your voice box out and give it to Bumblebee!" He snapped. Smokescreen flinched, despite the fact the medic was only threatening and most likely bluffing. Nevertheless, just like Smokescreen, other mechs had noticed a slight change in Ratchet's behavior but had blamed the doubled Decepticon activity in the last few months. Ratchet ran more tests before he fired him from the medbay.

Ratchet's helm perked up as he heard the loud powerful engine of the commander. His spark immediately started to pulse for him, but like usual, Ratchet got it under control. It was only a glance Optimus was able to give him before Ultra Magnus approached and bombed him with tons of questions. As Ratchet stood there, observing he could feel his sadness for not being with his lover change for anger. All he wanted was to have chat with Optimus or a slight touch, even Optimus servo on Ratchet's shoulder was enough to satisfy him (for now).

"Ratchet?"

"What!" The medic snarled as he turned to face Raf. His reaction came out much meaner than he intended. Raf came to a halt, a little uncertain. Ratchet emerged some steam from his vents and mustered a forced smile on his face to calm the startled human down. "What is it, Raf?" He asked, much calmer this time. "Should I come back later?" He asked. "No, it's fine..." he replied. "Can you take me home? Bumblebee isn't back yet..." he replied. Ratchet hold back a grunt in irritation but decided it would be the best. Raf was the last remaining human at the hidden base and Ratchet wanted some peace. "Alright..." the medic turned, glanced at where Optimus had been standing just moments ago before he transformed.

"Is something wrong?" Raf asked as he hopped in and buckled up. "Why should something be wrong?" Ratchet questioned as his holoform appeared next to the small human. "You're so... tensed and irritated lately," Raf replied with worry in his voice. It surprised Ratchet a human concerned about his mental state, but despite this, he refused to tell a human the truth. "It's just stressful lately, Raf. You have seen the increased Decepticon activity and it's working on my nerves. We are outnumbered and every time someone returns with injuries. My resources are declining and I need to keep everybody healthy. Otherwise, we will not win this war," Ratchet tried to explain his second worry. "Ah, right... well, I am sure you can figure something out, right?" The human questioned.