TF 2| Long Haul x human! Female reader

Requested by: GoldDriveFanNumber1

Plot: The reader talks to Long Haul and mentions the Dead Space franchise, she's a fan of it and noticed Long Haul's bewilderment and amazement.

Warnings: Swearing

A/n: Sorry for the long wait.
__________________________________
((Your P.O.V))

I just got home after a long tiring day at work. This new job is really tiring but I can't complain. I at least I found a job. I just graduated from college and I already found an amazing job at the hospital. 'Hey, Long Haul!' I chirped. I didn't expect him to be here. I thought he would be with Megatron or Starscream. '(Y/n),' he replied hoarsely. 'What's the matter with you today?' I asked as I patted his hood. 'Ugh, nothing,' he sulked. I hummed and strode over to the porch. I had an amazing log in the middle of the woods. Just north outside Vancouver. When my dad passed away a couple of years ago, I got this.

'Are you sure?' I asked. 'Yes.' I raised my hands in peace and opened the door. Long Haul's holoform followed me at a slower pace and shut the door behind him. 'How was work?' He muttered, sitting down at the bar. 'Tiring, but good,' I replied,— grabbing a glass from the kitchen cabinet. I caught Long Haul staring at me. 'What?' He shook his head and ran his hand through his brown hair.
I filled my glass. 'You want anything?' He shook his head. 'No, I am good,' he muttered. I sat beside him. 'So, anything interesting to tell?'

He shook his head again. He's usually not really talkative and it's fine but today, it was a little bit more extreme. Something was bothering him for sure. 'Are you staying for dinner?' I asked. Long Haul shrugged. We are befriended since I am 15 years old. Eight years is long and I can tell, just by the looks of it that something is definitely bothering him. Perhaps it was Megatron or Starscream was a complete jackass again but whatever it was, it's not helping his mood. I nudged his side, 'smile a little Haul,' I teased. He snorted.

'We found the Autobots,' he trailed off. 'Oh, really?' He gave a small nod. I am not really into their war and don't want to be part of either. My dad was a soldier and died in action. I just deeply hate war because of all the death and sadness it brings. I want to help people, but not by going to the battlefield like my dad. So instead, I am a nurse. Long Haul glanced at me. 'You're not happy about it?' He asked. 'You know how I think about war, Haul.' He shrugged, 'yeah well... we are in the middle of it. Rather you like it or not,' he stated in a matter-of-fact tone. I shrugged and glanced at him from the corner of my eye.

'Was it Starscream again?'

He snorted and shook his head. 'He's an idiot,' he scowled. I giggled. Long Haul is right. Starscream is a complete idiot. He only gave ants to the commander of the Decepticons and he's not too fond of me. Megatron sort of accepts me to the point he doesn't want to kill me. In his eyes, I am on their side and that's enough for Megatron to keep me alive. Honestly, I am just friends with Long Haul and I want to keep it that way.

'He was just trying to boss me around and tell me what to do. It just started to work on my nerves at a point I want to hit his ugly face,' he sneered. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder. 'Just ignore him,' I said and smiled. Long Haul snorted and shook his head, looking down at the counter for a moment. 'Sometimes I wonder if Megatron sees what a big idiot he is. Why from all mechs, did he make Starscream is second in command. Even Optimus Prime would be a better second in command than Starscream, ' he scowled. I shrugged.

I listened to his scowls until it died down after 30 minutes. 'I am sorry,' he apologized. 'Don't be.' I waved my hand. 'Ey, I think I am going to my room,' I said after I drank the last part of my drink. 'To play a video game again?' He asked. I gave a small nod. 'Dead space,' I replied. He raised a brow. 'Dead space?' He repeated. 'Yeah, Dead Space is a science fiction/horror media franchise created by Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey,' I explained. 'An I supposed to know who that is?' He asked and huffed.

'Primarily the game is set in a 26th-century science fiction universe featuring environments, weapons, and characters typical of the genre, the Dead Space franchise centers on a series of video games beginning with the release of the first Dead Space, which follows an engineer named Isaac Clarke and the mutated undead horrors that surround him,' I added. Long Haul started thinking about it. It seemed to excite him. I haven't seen this look on his face before. 'You'd like to try it?'

He was already upstairs before I could ask anything else. I followed at a slower pace and strode into my room. 'How does this work?' He asked. 'It's not the first time you play a game with me,' I said, handing him a controller. 'This game, smartass,' he mocked. 'Like the other games we've tried,' I said and turned on the TV. Long Haul and I played for hours. It really seemed to get him in a better mood and he was horrible good at it as well. Sometimes I can't stand it. Why is he so good at playing video games. I play more than he does and still, he always wins.

Long Haul jumped up. 'Ha! I won, ' he chirped and smirked. I sighed and paused the game. 'yeah, you did.' Long Haul pulled me in a hug. 'Thank you for letting me play this game with you, ' he said. 'It's fine.' I wrapped my arms around him as well. 'let's start another game.' he sat back down and grabbed his controller.