TF 2| Ratchet x Ironhide (Lemon)

Requested by: GlamRockCrash

Plot: There's some tension between Ironhide and Ratchet after Ironhide became second in command.

Warnings: Sexual content & swearing
_________________________
((Ironhide's P.O.V))

'What the hell did you think you were doing! Are you insane?' I jumped up from the sudden yell. With big steps, Ratchet marched over to me like he owned the place. 'Excuse me?' I snapped. 'Are you trying to get yourself killed?' he spat. 'No! Of course not. What the hell are you talking about,' I hissed back. 'Oh I am sorry, let me remind you! You went after Mixmaster yourself! Why didn't you wait for backup!'  he shouted. 'Because I could handle it and I don't need you to tell me what to do, Ironhide. 'Don't forget I am the second in command now!  You have to do as I tell you too,' I spat out. Ratchet's optics widened in shock. 'Excuse me?' he asked, still angered.  'You heard me... I am the second in command. I only take commands from Prime and my doctor so stand down and make yourself useful in the medbay,' he snapped. 'This is not fair! Ever after Prowl died you became a total moron,' he snarled. I turned, 'watch your words or you can spend the night next Sideswipe in the brig.'

I walked off, leaving Ratchet shocked and stunned behind. I am not going to argue with him. I am done arguing with him about safety. I know Ratchet, he's always worried I will get myself killed or something but I know what I am doing. I probably have to save him instead of the other way around. I caught up with Prime ten minutes later, he was in the meeting room, talking to some soldiers and Lennox. A short reflection on the mission. When he finished, he turned back towards me. 'I know why you did it, but it was dangerous,' he said, tiling his head a little bit. 'Please, Optimus. Don't start this too. I already had an angry medic on my tailpipe,' I snorted. 'He cares about you. You two are friends for much longer than we have been friends. He doesn't want to lose you too. Especially after Jazz and Prowl,' he said. I sighed and lowered my gaze. 'Just try to be a little bit more careful, okay?' I nodded.

I watched Prime walk off. Maybe he was right. Maybe I should've waited but Mixmaster was getting away. I had to try something and it worked in the end so I didn't see the problem. I turned on my heels, heading for the shooting range to clear my mind and enjoy my afternoon before I had to give a training session now Sideswipe was in the brig again. I grabbed my gun and stepped in the place. 'I am not done arguing with you, Ironhide.' I ignored Ratchet and loaded my gun. 'I don't care what you are but we are friends. You are not my commander, you hear me! You will not tell me what to do,' he snarled. I pointed my gun on the dummies. 'Really? You are going to give me a silent treatment too now? Well I get it, apparently our friendship isn't worth a damn thing,' he snapped. I lowered my hand and glanced at him as he marched off.

((Ratchet's P.O.V))
I was so angry and I couldn't talk to anyone about it. Usually, I talk to Ironhide when I am upset or angry. I went back to my section at the base, the medbay and started afternoon checking up on injured humans. I tried to get Ironhide off my mind and focus, but I found it really difficult. He changed after he took Prowl's place. He's cranky, bossy and a little arrogant as well. Like being the second in command is a curse. I remember how cranky Prowl sometimes got. It has to be the job. Nevertheless, whatever the problem is, I can't change anything about it. There's a huge tension between Ironhide and Sideswipe, well now the fragger was promoted to third in command. It's hard to imagine that when Ironhide dies, Sideswipe will become second in command. Ironhide and Sideswipe can't work together and Ironhide uses his status to lock up the young mech. The entire sphere at the base is ruined just because Prowl and Jazz were dead. If they hadn't died, if I did a better job, none of this would have happened and I still would have my best friend.