TFP| Optimus Prime x Human! Female reader

Requested by: Queen_Azshara

Plot: The reader is depressed and hurting herself. Optimus finds out.

Warnings: Self-harm, depression and swearing

_____________________________
((Y/n)'s P.O.V))
'(y/n), you are late...' Optimus's voice made me jump. 'What? Oh, sorry. I was occupied,' I muttered. He frowned. 'With what? Something I can help you with?' he asked. I looked up to him again and shook my head. 'No, just... homework,' I replied and flashed him a smile. It wasn't a complete lie, but not the truth either. Optimus and I have a special bond. My life is a mess. I can't think straight anymore and the only person who forces me to keep going is Optimus, although he doesn't know how I truly feel. Lost and hurt. He doesn't know I hurt myself to get rid of the horrible mental pain. Every day, I force a smile on my face. Just to like fine in front of the people I care about.

Optimus watched before he transformed and walked after me. '(Y/n)...' I turned again. This mech is handsome. I just love everything about him. He smiled weakly and reached for my face, brushing some hair behind my ear. 'You know I care about you, don't you?' he asked. I nodded again, 'I do.' The mech sucked in a breath. 'I just feel like I am missing something. You are acting strangely lately. More isolated. Is it because of me? Did I say something to upset you?' he asked. 'What? N-no... no, it's nothing. I am fine.' He raised a brow. 'Honestly, don't worry so much, okay?' He nodded and stepped back. I walked up to the others on the couch. 'Where were you today?' Jack asked. 'I uh... skipped school today,' I muttered. 'Why?' he asked, confused. I didn't reply and switched on the TV.

I am in my senior year and turned 18 a month ago. I should be excited about everything, but I wasn't. My dad is a complete ass. All he can do is hurt me, school sucks with all the bullies and the only escape I have is cutting myself. I am not proud, I hate it and I hate I am a mess. At 8 O'clock, I was about to go home. Usually, Bumblebee takes me and drops me off at home after Raph, but not today. The semi truck drove up to me. 'Hop in.' I climbed in and buckled up. 'You never take me home,' I snorted, slumping back on his soft leather seat. 'True, but that's not because I don't want it. I am busy most of the time,' he said. I glanced at him again. 'You skipped school?' he asked to change the subject. 'Seriously?' I mocked. 'You think I wouldn't hear Jack talking to you? Why are you skipping school? This is your senior year,' he blurted out. 'Like I don't know, okay! I know! don't remind me.'

He shook his head and gripped his steering wheel a little tighter. 'I don't agree with you, (Y/n). I don't think you're fine and I don't like it if you are skipping classes. Where are you going then?' he asked. 'The park,' I sulked. He sighed and sped up. An awkward silence fell. He's angry. Great. Last thing I want is an angry Prime. I glanced at him. 'Fine, I will stop skipping classes but I feel fine,' I stated grumpily. He didn't reply. 'Oh, so now you are going to give me a silent treatment?' I asked. He shot me a glare. 'I am giving you a silent treatment, I am thinking what I am gonna do with you,' he snapped. My eyes went wide. He never snapped at me before. 'You're not my father. You can't ground me,' I muttered. He snorted and came to a stop in front of my house. 'Get out.' He waved me off and looked outside. Without saying anything else, I hopped out and shut his door. He drove off even before I turned to walk up to my front door.

I sighed and rubbed my face. Optimus has no idea how important he is to me. How much I need him. I have tried to tell him the truth, but I can't. Everytime I have enough courage, something comes between it and I chicken out. And for what? Optimus is my best friend and crush. I brushed some tears off my face and walked inside. My dad walked up to me. 'Where have you been?' the words slurred over his lips before he threw his beer bottle aside. As soon as it hit the wooden floor, it shattered into pieces. 'Dad!' I crouched down, picking them up and threw them in the trash can. 'Guess you are good for something,' he mocked. I shook my head and got up. 'You're an ass.' He didn't even hear and sat back down on the couch, watching his game and reached for another beer bottle. Beer I pay for. If he had a job, I could save money and leave this stupid house. Buy my own place.

I walked upstairs and shut the door. After a nice cold shower, I felt ten times better. It always helps to clear my mind. The next morning, I skipped school. I couldn't bring myself to go to school and talk to people or deal with bullies. Vin is going to make my life a living hell for sure. Instead, I headed for the place where Raph, Jack and I first met Bumblebee. I sat down in one of the pipes and rolled up my sleeve. It was full of scars or healing wounds. I slowly removed the bandages and looked at the blood slowly oozing out. Most of the bleeding had stopped overnight. I watched the red substance for a very long time until I took out my pocket knife. I hesitated, holding the knife above my already mangled wrist. Am I really going to make it worse? The infection had already set in but if I go to a doctor, I will get questions and I can't handle answering them.

Tears wiggled down my cheeks. I fiercely brushed them away and sucked in a breath. I placed the blade on my damaged skin. I cut and watched the blood ooze out and fall onto the concentrate floor. '(Y/n)!' Optimus snitched the knife from hand. 'What are you doing!' He shouted. Shock was written all over my face. Where did he just came from? I tried to find the right words, but my mind was spinning. Prime grabbed my arm, yanking it closer towards him and watched it closely. 'I am sorry...' my body was shaking. I caught his baby blue orbs, but it became blurry. 'Why? Just why?' He asked. I broke down into tears. Prime pulled me closer and,— attempting to comfort me in the best way he could. 'I am sorry,' I choked out.

'I didn't mean for it to happen. I never wanted to be a mess.' He rubbed my head. 'There are other options but I can't help if you don't talk to me. I am hurt about that because I thought we could share everything.' It didn't help to make me feel better. 'I tried. I really tried but I chickened out. I didn't know what you would think or say. I don't wanna lose you, I don't wanna ruin what we have.' He shook his head. 'You are the one ruining everything. I want to help but you don't talk to me anymore. I had my suspicions because you're acting weird and isolated lately. I sincerely missed you! Seeing you doing this breaks my spark.'

I hugged him again. 'We can sort things out, if you allow me to help you.' I listened to the beat of his spark. 'I love you. I've always loved you.' I perked my head up. 'What?' He brushed some hair behind my ear. 'I love you and I know you don't love yourself and you dislike your father, this town, school... but I am still here and I love you.' He looked me in the eyes. My entire world was spinning again.
'I thought you couldn't love a human.' He pressed a brief kiss on my lips but it felt like a flame lighting up. 'I do.'

'We are going to sort things you. Ratchet will fix your arms and you will tell me everything. You're going to talk to me. Am I clear? You're not leaving the base until I know the truth.' I hugged him again and listened to the beat of his spark. Rhythmic and steady. 'You're not getting your knife back.' I sighed softly. 'I love you.' He snorted. 'I know you do... come on.' He grasped my hand and took me to his alt-mode. We didn't say much during the drive. All I could think about was that kiss and the sweet words he used. They were strict, but he was sincerely worried. He grasped my hand. 'We can work things out.' I flashed him a weak smile. 'Promise me you'll never hurt yourself again.' I bit my lip and nodded. 'I promise.'