TF 3| Sideswipe x human! Female x Sunstreaker

"Finally!"

I smile stretched on my lips as I laid my brush down and did a step back to study my work. Sideswipe looked up from his game and paused,–– getting up as well to have a look at the painting I have been working on for two years. "Wow, Sunstreaker. This is gorgeous..." he breathed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Thank you, Sideswipe. It's my favorite piece so far," I said. "Really?"  I looked at him, "you sound surprised, why?" I asked. "I loved your other pieces as well..." he said. I shrugged my shoulders and started to clean my brushes. "When you're working on something like this... you get attached to it."

Sideswipe glanced at me with an arched eyebrow. "Why would you get attached to a piece of paint and canvas?" he mocked. I shot him an insulted look, "because you put your soul and life in it... I worked on it for so long. Sideswipe looked at the painting again, "so...? You love this piece of art because you worked on it for two years? Look at the small painting over there... you worked on it for a week. It's just as gorgeous. Do you love that one too?" he said. "I love all my art. It's my passion, but it's not my favorite, Sideswipe. This painting..." I pointed at the canvas. "Is by far my favorite. I really pushed myself over my limit and created something I never thought I would."

He hummed, "when is (Y/n) coming home from school?" I asked. "I don't know, Sunny. I assume any moment," he replied. I gave a small nod and looked over my work one more time. "You think she will like it?" I asked. Sideswipe glanced at me again, slightly irritated this time. I assumed he just wanted to continue his game. "Yes, Sunstreaker." He continued his game. (Y/n) is important for me, Sides and I saved her when she was seven years old and abandoned by her parents. She had been in a really bad shape and was on the verge of dying. On top of that, the Decepticons got her too and experimented on her. She has been through so much and pulled through it without negative side effects. Still the sweet girl we once met with a cheerful spirit. She's also the smartest girl I know, always getting high grades and she's amazing at math. She will graduate high school with ease this year.

(y/n) came back and walked up to me. "Oh, you finished it," she chirped. I nodded, and kissed her head, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind. "You like it?" I asked. "I do... I already loved it, but now... it's absolutely stunning," she said. I smiled and let go of her. "If you don't like it... you can tell me," I said. (y/n) shook her head and tiptoed,–– kissing my cheek again. "Sunny... don't doubt yourself. you're the best artist in the entire universe," she purred and walked over to Sideswipe. I felt myself getting warm inside, she loved my art and that's important to me. Her opinion really matters. I think I slowly started to develop feelings for my charge, which is probably bad.

I looked back at my painting one more time. I was so proud of this. I was barely able to keep my eyes off of it. It felt weird to just be done working on it. (y/n) and Sideswipe walked over to the door, I followed as well. In the cafeteria, we settled at a quite large table and as time passed, more soldiers came in and settled. (y/n) has a big network with friends all over the base, she likes most people and Autobots, besides, they know her since she's seven years old. She grew up with them. "Sunstreaker finished his painting today..." she began. (y/n) looked at me, "you got a photo?" she asked. I gave a small nod and handed her my phone.

Most soldiers were impressed, which satisfied me. "Ever considered selling something or whatever?" I shook my head at the question, "no, or at least, not this piece of art," I said. "So, you are actually wasting your paint?" The question got me off guard. "Wasting my paint?" I repeated. Some soldiers nodded in agreement. "Yes, it's just a painting, but you're not going to do anything with it. So, it's a waste of paint and money."

"It's not a waste of paint and money. I have been working on it for two long years."
"Yes, but for what? Just to stuff it away in a closet?" the soldier asked. I started to get annoyed, "no, to hang it on the wall of course," I snapped. "Ah, next to all the other paintings you made and couldn't sell. It's not standing out anymore, Sunstreaker." (y/n) spoke up: "that's not true, Logan. This painting is absolutely extraordinary," she defended me. "It's just a painting... a simple landscape."