Chapter 43.

Jasmine's POV

"So once we do become demons, will this burning stop?" She ask as I made breakfast for us. "Yes, that burning is the clawing of your demon," I said plating our breakfast. "When you start hearing a demonic voice in your head, you tell us immediately," I said hearing my wife make her way down the steps.

"Okay," she sigh as I felt arms wrap around my waist. "Good morning, beautiful," she rasp in my ear. "Good morning baby," I hum fixing her plate. "Ah, thank you love." She hum as I turned the stove off and fixed everyone else's plate. "Did you while cooking again?" Adri chuckle as I headed upstairs. "I sure the hell did!" I yelled earning a warning growl.

I changed into my scrubs and fixed my hair. "Baby, we're leaving!" I hear Adri yell from downstairs. "Wait," I pout appearing in front of her with my arms crossed. "I knew you was coming, mamas," she chuckle wrapping her arm around my waist. "We'll see you around lunch, queen," she hum then kiss me softly. 

"See you later, queen," I smile watching her and Zariah leave. I went back upstairs and placed my rings around my neck. I went over my tasks for today while going downstairs. "Good morning," I hear Zayden's deep voice grumble. "Good morning, Riya and A left already?" He ask as I went in kitchen and grabbed my orange juice. "Yeah, your plate is in the microwave," I said getting my keys and got in my Range.

I drove to the hospital and let out a sigh. "Recruitments, new head of surgeon, then lunch," I smile biting my lip. I got out and walked into the hospital with a small smile. 

Someone is happy about our friends becoming demons. Tati said as I greeted the receptionist. 

"Tell them I'm a code green today," I winked as he froze and called the desk. "Uh, Mrs. M&M said she's a code green today," he said with wide eyes. "I don't know how she found out! The woman is basically a genius now!" He whisper shout as I walked towards the front desk.

"Where's my new chief?" I ask looking at my watch with a small sigh. "Right here miss," I hear turning around and lift my head up. "Good, I will be watching your next surgery," I said watching her smile and nod her head. "I will expect a lot from you since you know what we are," I whisper earning a nervous sigh from her. "Yes ma'am," she gulp bowing her head slightly.

"Hines, Mitchell, and Boulton. Prep up with Chief Rose," I said glancing at my watch. "Sweet!" I hear Hines shout as I walked in front of them to the surgical room. "Um, permission to speak?" Rose whisper with her hands closed in front of her. "Speak," I sigh stopping and look up at her.

"Is it true that you've turn your friends into demons?" She ask making me squint my eyes at her. "Why is it your concern?" I ask making her burn with low heat. "I-I'm so-sorry," she whisper clenching her jaw. "Yes, I made them demons and they will be very powerful. Is there a problem?" I question walking towards her, making her cower in fear. 

Tsk. Mediocre. "Get up, child," I sigh as she fell on her ass. "So-sorry, mi-mistress," she mumble as I rubbed my temples. "There is no problem, mi-mistress. Ju-just asking," she whisper as we entered the prep room. "We will talk about this later," I said washing my hands. "Yes ma'am," she whimper in fear.

They need to fear us. It shows how much power we have over them. Tati laughed as we got ready for this abdominal surgery.

"Dr. Morningstar-Matts," the patient smiled as we began to sedate him. "Countdown for me," I said lowly as his eyes began to droop. "Okay, angel," he said making Dr. Rose freeze and look at me. "Begin," I mumble clenching my jaw.
------------------------

"Great job, everyone," I said earning smiles from the other doctors and nurses. "Good, Rose." I hum washing my hands then walked towards the front desk. "Code blue," I hear earning a sigh and ran with the other doctors. "Uh, twenty five, male. Sudden Cyanosis. N-no, heart attack," a doctor rushed in panic.

I heard the heart monitor going crazy then flatlined. "Charge one-fifty," I ordered making sure the pads are stuck on him. "Clear!" I shout making everyone move from his body. I watch his body arch then his heart beat on the monitor started going back to its regular pace.

I let out a breath as they prep him for surgery. "You two, stay," I said as Dr. Rose and the panicked doctor. "Dr. Melt what is Cyanosis?" I ask clenching my jaw. "Bl-bluish co-color of the skin or membrane due to um," he said as I rocked on my heels and waited for him. "Lack of oxygen in the blood!" He shout as I counted thirty seconds.

"How can you be a doctor when you can't tell the difference between a color disfiguration and a heart attack?" I scolded making him look down in shame. "Thirty pushups at the front. Your chief will decide if you will perform any more surgeries for the month," I said walking to the front as she give him her decision.

"How are the equipment?" I ask as Rose approached me behind. "Good, I need to run by the MRI and see about that," she said as Dr. Melt came towards us and got down to do his pushups. "Aht, every time you go up, say what Cyanosis is then count when you go down," I said earning a head nod.

I watch him begin his push ups, earning a smile from me. "Ju, you making people do pushups now?" I hear Zariah's voice laugh behind me. I smile and turned around, immediately meeting Adri's brown eyes. "Hey," I smile as Adri looked at me with roses in her hands. "Ready for lunch?" She ask handing me the flowers.

I smile and sniffed the roses then wrap my arm around her neck. "Thank you baby," I smile then pulled away, checking my watch. "Uh, yeah. I'm finished. I want a nice homemade salad," I hum hearing Adri's deep voice chuckle. 

I heard Melt make it to thirty. "Now we can go," I smile wrapping my arm around Zariah as she rub her throat in discomfort. "You're going to love Halloween," I smile as Adri held the door to my car open. "Why?" She ask getting in the back while Adri got next to me. I looked to Adri and smirked. "I'll tell you one of the things we did because this year, we're going to church," I smile feeling Adri's eyes on me.
//////////////////////////////////

Thoughts?

Zariah symptoms?

Jasmine punishing the workers?

Like, Comment, Enjoy!