Chapter 15

Meredith heard the alarm go off. She had been awake for hours. She couldn't quit thinking about what was going to happen. Chase had made her feel better, but who knows. Anything could happen. Things can change at a moments notice. She rolled out of bed and threw on some clothes. Now she had to go down and face her friends. She didn't want to. She didn't want to tell them what was going on, and she didn't want to lie either. She slowly made her way down the stairs and walked in the kitchen. George and Izzie both looked at her. She walked over and filled her cup with coffee.

"We better go before we're late." Meredith said nonchalantly, as she walked towards the door. She opened the door and walked out into the cold rain. Izzie and George climbed into the Jeep.

"Seriously. What happened yesterday?" Izzie said, looking over at Meredith.

"Yeah, you totally freaked out!" George said happily. He took a big bite of one of Izzie's homemade muffins.

"I'm fine. It was just a thing. Sorry I freaked out." She said simply.

"Oh...okay..." Izzie said, looking over at her. "Maybe we'll get in on an awesome surgery!"

"Oh." Meredith said, realizing that she couldn't. She had a meeting to go to. She stared at the car in front of them. No one talked for ten minutes.

"So, McDreamy was worried about you yesterday." Izzie said, looking at Meredith.

"Well, there was nothing to worry about." Meredith said sharply. They pulled into the parking lot and Meredith breathed a sigh of relief. She couldn't wait to get out of the car. She grabbed her bag full of stuff from her locker and walked directly to the elevator. When the doors opened, it revealed Chase and a very rough looking Holly. Meredith squeezed in. Izzie and George ran up and joined her. She looked at Chase, who looked at ease. Holly looked at Meredith in fear. Meredith didn't say anything. She didn't want to.

"So, your face looks better." Izzie stated, driving the stake into Holly's chest just a little farther. Holly just glared at her.

"I expect both you and Dr. Grey will stay away from each other." Chase said out of necessity. They both nodded. The doors opened and the interns all rushed out and toward the locker room. Cristina looked over at Meredith. She gave her a nod, meaning it was okay. Meredith looked in her now empty locker and shoved her bag in. She pulled off her jeans and slid on her scrub pants. She heard the talking on the other side of the locker room. It immediately caught her attention.

"Yeah, she heard it. I guess she was right outside his door. Whoever it was is so screwed. They are going to boot her out of this hospital so fast." Said one intern to another. Meredith immediately felt sick to her stomach.

"So who is it?" The intern said.

"I guess it's an intern. She didn't see who it was. The Chief of Staff literally caught them in the act. How stupid is that?" The intern laughed. Cristina heard them talking. She walked around the corner.

"Are you guys brewing lies again?" Cristina said nastily to the interns.

"Hey, we can't help what's happening around here..." The intern said. "Why? Is it you, Yang?"

"Oh yeah, it's me." Cristina said, rolling her eyes.

"No, it's not her. They said it was a super skinny blonde." Said the other intern.

"Don't believe everything you hear..." Cristina snapped.

"Come on people!" Bailey yelled. Cristina ran back over to the other side of the room. "Grey, have you settled whatever catastrophe you had yesterday?" Meredith nodded. "Good. Okay, Yang-Montgomery, Karev-Burke, O'Malley and Stevens-Sloan, and Grey you are with Shepherd. Go!" She yelled.