Chapter 128

"Mom! Don't cry." Delilah said as she she looked into her mom's eyes.

"My babies are graduating from high school today. How can I not cry?" She said as the tears fell freely down her cheeks.

Meredith looked at her daughter with her soft blonde curls and dazzling blue eyes. She was dressed in her navy gown and holding her hat. Today her babies were graduating. They were leaving. They were moving on, leaving she and Derek behind.

"Is mom freaking out again?" Devlin said as he walked into Derek and Meredith's room.

"Of course she is!" Delilah said as she looked over at her brother.

"Mom..." Devlin said as he walked up to her.

Meredith felt his strong arms wrap around her as she closed her eyes. She felt like her world was ending. All of those years. Everything they have been through. Almost losing them. Devlin being a crazy dare-devil and Delilah thinking she can do anything he can do. She pulled away and looked into his blue-rimmed green eyes.

"I'm okay..." She said as she rubbed his dark curly hair.

"Yeah?" He asked as he looked up at her.

"I am." She said with a nod as she tugged at her black dress.

"You do realize we are going to get shit for having the hot mom, right?" Devlin asked with a chuckle.

"Don't say that word!" Meredith said as she smack him on the arm.

"Sorry..." He muttered.

"It's true, mom. I don't need that today." Delilah laughed.

"I just won't go..." She said as she dropped her head.

"We're kidding!" Delilah answered.

"Where's Anna Banana?" Devlin asked as he looked at his mom.

"She's on her way. You know Anna, she's always late..." Meredith muttered.

"Well, she has to find just the right thing to wear!" Delilah laughed.

"You have a point..." Meredith muttered as she looked at the floor.

"Well, we'll be downstairs with dad." Devlin said as he pulled his sister out of the room.

"What are you doing?" She asked as they walked down.

"Mom needs time. She is going nuts." Devlin said as they kept going.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Delilah asked with concern.

"Are you kidding? She has dad. And you know they will be going at it like crazy once we're gone." Devlin said with a chuckle.

"Seriously, I don't need that vision!" She said as she scrunched her nose like her mom.

"How's your mom?" Derek asked as he looked at his children.

"Freaking out." Devlin said with a shrug.

"Not good..." Derek muttered as he jogged up the stairs. He walked up to see her bawling on their bed. "Mer..." He said as he held her. "It will be okay."

"I know. I know. I will miss them. That's all..." She said with a frown as she looked up.

"I will too. They need to move one. They need to have their own lives. But it will be fun. You and I will have fun..." He said with a smile.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Oh yeah. I remember a time when we could have sex anywhere..." He said, thinking back.