Chapter 104

Meredith rushed around the house in a huff. She was feeling rushed. And when she felt rushed, it put her on edge. Derek got pulled into an emergency surgery, and that just made matters worse. They were leaving soon. Too soon. As much as she wanted to go, she didn't want to leave. She didn't want to leave the solitude that was home.

"Anna! Did you get your things packed?" Meredith shouted from her room into Anna's.

"I tried." Anna said as she walked in.

"What do you mean, you tried?" Meredith asked quickly.

"Well, I can't get it to fit. I tried. Everything kept sticking out. I think I broke it." She said with a shrug as she jumped on Meredith's bed.

"What do you mean, broke it?" Meredith asked as she looked at her daughter.

"The zipper...zipped right off!" She said dramatically.

"Because you over filled it. Crap!" Meredith shouted as she rushed around.

"Mommy...bad word." Anna warned as she stared her mother down.

"Sorry." Meredith moaned as she rushed out of the room and into Anna's. "Double crap." She muttered to herself. She looked at the broken zipper in her pink luggage. She rushed out of the room, and into the hallway.

"What now?" Anna asked.

"I am going to look for luggage." Meredith said quickly as she rushed to the attic above the garage.

Meredith rushed up the stairs and began tossing things around. Anna stood in the garage and listened to the loud banging above. Her eyes got wide when the garage door opened and Derek began to pull in. She quickly jumped to the side and stood there.

"What's mommy doing?" Derek asked as he climbed out.

"Freaking out." Anna said with a look of exhaustion. "She is tiring me out!"

"What's she doing?" He asked as he heard the banging around. He heard her footsteps as she neared the stairs. Derek heard the loud bang, bang, bang sound of Meredith's derriere bouncing down the stairs.

"Shit!" She yelled. He heard the luggage come tumbling down the stairs.

"Mer! Oh my god, are you okay?" He asked as he ran over.

"Fine." She muttered as she stood up. She jogged down. "Stuff to do. Things to do..." She muttered as she hurried past him. Derek grabbed his suitcase and followed her into the house.

"You need to slow down." Derek said quickly.

"No. I need to get things done." She told him. They heard Drew walk in. Derek grabbed Meredith by the shoulders and pulled her close. "Slow down." He demanded. Drew looked over with wide-eyes.

"Drew..." Derek started in desperation. "Can you take Anna for a nature walk?"

"Oh...please?" Anna said as she stared at him with pleading eyes.

"I guess..." He said with a huff. He looked at Derek's face and moaned. "Just so you can-"

"Thanks." Derek said quickly. Drew quickly changed his shoes and led Anna outside.

"Why did you do that?" Meredith said in a huff.

"So I can do this." Derek said as he swooped her up. "You need to relieve some frustration, and I think I know just how you can." He said with a grin.

"No. No sex. There's no time." She warned as she pulled away.

"There is always time for sex...and I'm not taking no for an answer." He said as he carried her up to their room.