Chapter 53

Meredith went home right after her shift. Derek still had patients to round on. Not to mention he was much quicker than she was about getting ready. She ran directly up the stairs and began ripping clothes out of drawers and the closet. She had no idea what to wear. She wanted to look responsible. But at the same time, she didn't want to look fake. She threw out several possible outfit and went into the bathroom.

The shower was quick. She didn't have time to enjoy the hot water or the steam that would have cleared her sinuses from the on and off crying she had done all day. Right now, she didn't have time to cry. Because right now, things were looking up for her. After her conversation with Addison, she was feeling a little better. People don't get over their issues with one conversation, but she had taken a few bricks off of the top of Meredith's wall.

Meredith climbed out of the shower and put on her bra and underwear. She decided against the thong. She was being responsible. She grabbed her bikini cut panties and slid them on. Now the big task, deciding what to wear.

"What's going on?" Derek asked.

She jumped at his voice and turned around. He walked in the room, and right over to her. He took her in, standing in front of the bed, staring at the clothes. She admired her body. He watched her chest move as she breathed in and out.

"I don't know what to wear." She whined as she began moving the pieces of clothing around. "This skirt?" She asked as she held it up. He wrinkled his nose, and shook his head. "What about this dress?" She asked as she held up the conservative black dress.

"No." He moaned.

"This?" She asked with a pathetic tone. She received another from. "Then what exactly would you like me to wear, Doctor Shepherd?" She asked. He walked up to her and pressed his lips against hers. She dropped the shirt on the floor and grabbed the back of his head. His tongue plunged into her mouth. Finally, she pulled away.

"Stop. I'm being serious here." She said, trying to be stern.

"I think you should go with what you have on." He said with a cheesy grin.

"Oh yes. Hello, I am responsible. Just look at me...In my underwear." She whined. "You are pathetic."

"That I am." He returned quickly. "And I am also disappointed." He stated with a fake frown.

"About what?" She said with a nervous tone.

"You took a shower with out me." He pouted. "Don't you know you're only supposed to go to a meeting post-sex."

"Go away." She said as she shoved him lightly.

"Fine." He moaned as he walked into the shower.

"Hey." Izzie said as she walked up to the door frame.

"I see you chose the responsible underwear." Izzie laughed.

"You know it." Meredith laughed. "Derek gets me in trouble. I had to wear them."

"It works. When you have them on, I tell you. But not when you have granny panties on. That's just wrong." She said with laugh. "So what are you wearing?"

"I have no idea..." Meredith moaned. "I don't want to be too casual..."

"Wear these pants. And this sweater. You look casual yet responsible." Izzie stated as she handed her a maroon sweater and and black pants.

"Thanks, Iz." Meredith said with a smile. She heard the bathroom door open.

"There's still time...we could get back in." Derek stated.

"Derek. You are totally and completely pathetic. Over the top." She laughed.

"I'm gonna go..." Izzie trailed off as she walked out of the room.