Chapter 63

Derek awoke. He looked over to see Meredith, still in a peaceful asleep. She was snuggled up into his side. He could feel her warm shallow breaths on his skin. He had taken her shoes and dress off when she had fallen asleep last night. To his surprise, she never woke up. He pulled the cover up to her chin, feeling her cold cheek with his lips. He could tell that the stress had been getting to her and she needed a break. He was very happy to oblige.

"Hey sleepy head." Derek said sweetly as he walked into the hotel bedroom holding a tray. "I thought you were never going to wake up." He said with a slight chuckle as he looked at her, sitting on the bed, leaned up against the headboard. Her hair was in a tousled mess, and her makeup had run.

"Mmm." She moaned as she closed her eyes.

"I hope you're hungry." He said as he carried a tray over with a strawberry and whipped cream cover belgian waffle.

"Oh wow." She said with a smile as he sat the tray on her lap. He walked around and sat on the bed, next to her. He watched as she cut off a generous bite and shoveled into her mouth. He chuckled softly. "What?" She said with a giggle.

"Are you hungry?" He asked with a grin.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She asked smartly.

"Oh you just look like you haven't ate in a week!" He returned, causing her to fling strawberries at him. "Hey! If you're going to throw food, at least make it in my mouth!" He laughed.

"You are terrible." She said as she pretended to pout.

"Mer..." He started to apologize. She quickly shoved a big bite into his mouth.

"Thank you, Derek." She said softly as she turned and looked into his eyes. His hair was a mess, and he needed to shave, but to her, he had never looked better.

"For what?" He asked as he cocked his head to the side.

"For being wonderful. For being you." She answered softly as she leaned in and kissed him on his soft lips. She quickly pulled away. "Okay...you definitely need to shave..." She giggled as she went back to eating her breakfast.

"That bad?" He asked. "I've been thinking about growing it out."

"Oh yuck!" She said as she stuck her tongue out.

"Okay, maybe not..." He joked. "And I think you have spent too much time around Anna..." He joked, commenting about her sticking her tongue out. "So I tricked you into marrying me..."

"Yeah, I guess you did." She said with a faint smile.

"So have you picked a date?" He asked her with raised eyebrows.

"You're kidding, right?" She asked with a laugh.

"No." He said as he stared into her eyes.

"Just be happy I said yes." She joked. "So, you get us this nice suite, and got no action..." She joked as she took another bite.

"Yeah, well... You looked a little tired. You were out in less than five minutes." He pointed out. "And that is not why I got it..."

"Well, you could get some action in about...oh, let's see...five more bites?" She said as she cut up the rest of her waffle. She quickly put on in her mouth.

"Four..." He counted as she chewed. "Three..." He said again.

"Oh screw it!" She said as she threw the plate on the table. As she turned towards him, he grabbed her and rolled her on top of him.

"God you're amazing." He muttered as he began placing kisses on her warm, soft chest.

"You're not so bad yourself..." She answered with a moan.