Chapter 31

"Please tell me again why we are doing this?" Meredith said with a sound of disgust in her voice.

"Because when I was an intern, Richard was my boss. And your mother is a patient of mine." Derek made his best attempt to defend his actions.

"Well, just so you know, I am going to kill you." She spewed. He laughed, wholeheartedly. "Derek, I am serious! No sex!" She shouted.

"What?" He said as his face dropped and became serious. "What do you mean?"

"Are you really that dumb? No sex means, I don't do all you favorite things. I don't let you do all the things you love to do to me. I can hold out. And let me tell you this is a hell of a reason to." She said quickly as she pulled her dress on.

"We haven't had sex in a long time." He whined. "Oh, so I agree to go to dinner at your mother's house and you are refusing to have sex with me?" He asked.

"Um, yeah. You are just lucky I will allow you to sleep next to me after this." Meredith explained. "Oh, and I'm thinking no panties tonight. It's kind of a rebellion thing. Yep no panties as I sit next to you at dinner." She said, rubbing it in.

"Not funny." He returned as he straightened his tie.

"It really is..." She said as she ran her fingers through her hair on last time.

"Are you ready?" He asked as he straightened his tie.

"No. But I guess I have to be." She whined as she walked out into the porch.

"Come on, It won't be that bad." He said as he opened the car door for her.

"I can not believe we are standing at the opening of the lair." Meredith seethed as they stood at the front door of Richard and Ellis' house.

"Relax. I am here with you. She won't attack." Derek said, trying to be reassuring.

"You obviously do not know my mother." She said under her breath. The door started to open. "No panties..." She whispered to Derek. His face turned red.

"Oh, Meredith, Derek. I'm glad you made it." Richard said happily. "Come in."

"Ellis is setting the table." Richard explained.

"My mother, setting the table?" Meredith asked.

"She can be domestic." Richard returned with a soft smile.

"Not when I was growing up..." Meredith muttered under her breath. Derek nudged her.

"Let me take your coats." Richard said. They all walked into the living room. "So, how was your day?"

"Good. Just a Craniotomy. Well, you know." Derek said with a smile.

Meredith looked around the house. It was nice. It wasn't cold. The house they lived in when she was a child was cold. It was basic. It didn't have a homey feeling to it. Nothing about her mom was compassionate, or caring. She saw a picture of her mother and Richard when they got married. It couldn't have been too long after she had left with Ian. They looked fairly young. She felt like she had missed out, but at the same time, she was glad she did.

"Mer-" Derek said. She didn't answer. "Meredith..."

"Oh, uh." She started. "Yeah?"

"Richard was asking you if you wanted a drink." Derek asked.

"Sure. Um, anything with alcohol in it." She said quickly as she continued to look around.

"Are you okay?" Derek asked, squeezing her thigh.