Chapter 107

"What do you mean? I have to be on that plane!" Meredith shouted loudly in sheer panic. She was going home. She wanted to go home. She needed Derek. And now what? Now she was stuck.

"What's the problem here?" Ian asked as he walked up to the flight attendant.

"Excuse me, who are you?" The flight attendant asked as she looked up at Ian.

"I am a friend. A concerned friend. And Ms. Grey- Mrs. Shepherd needs to get on this plane." He said forcefully as he got into her face.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. It's against policy. We cannot take the chance of your giving birth in the air." She said as she tried to be a little more cordial.

"You don't understand... I need to get home. I want to go home!" Meredith said quickly as she waved her arms around.

"Ma'am, please calm down." She said reassuringly as she reached for her arm.

"Wait. Just wait a second..." Meredith said as she pulled out her cellphone. She listened to it ring on the other end. This was bad. Really bad.

"Hello?" Addison said quickly. She heard sobbing on the other end and looked at the screen to see who it was.

"Addie?" Meredith sobbed. "They- They won't let me on the plane!" She cried loudly.

"What?" Addison said in shock. "Why?"

"The note is no longer valid..." She cried out as she looked at the piece of paper.

"Oh god. 48 hours. That slipped my mind." Addison admitted regretfully.

"Slipped your mind? Slipped your mind!" Meredith shouted. "I can't- I- Oh god!" She cried as she struggled to breath. "Thing One. Thing Two...Derek... Home..." She cried as she started to panic. She struggled to breathe. "Oh...god..." She said as she heaved.

"Meredith!" She shouted into the phone. "Meredith!"

"She's panicking!" Ian said quickly. The flight attendant immediately called for help and rushed to Meredith's side. Ian rubbed her back while talking to her.

"Calm down... Breathe." She said as she helped her to sit down. Ian held Anna's hand tightly.

"It's okay, Anna." He told the frightened child. The EMTs quickly rushed up and put an oxygen mask on Meredith. She looked around. Everyone was watching. Everyone was staring.

"Breathe...Mer, breathe..." Ian said as he stroked her back.

"Mer!" Addison shouted. Ian grabbed the phone off the floor.

"Hello." Ian said into the phone.

"Where is Meredith?" Addison asked with concern in her voice.

"She's right her. They have oxygen on her. She panicked. She's okay now." He said reassuringly.

"What's going on?" Addison asked as she tapped her foot.

"She needs a doctor's okay. An exam." Ian told her quickly.

"I- I don't know anyone there..." Addison said. "She'll need to see someone. Either way, she can't come home today. Not after a panic attack. It's just not safe." Addison told him frankly. "How is she doing?"

"She's breathing. She's alright. She's worried, but she is okay." Ian said reassuringly.

"Good. Can I talk to her?" Addison asked as she looked around the busy hospital.

"Hello?" Meredith said into the phone. Her voice was weak.

"Meredith. Listen to me. You need to breathe. Calm down. We will get you home. After this attack, it's not safe for you to fly, even if they will let you." She told her firmly. "I will see what I can do, see if anyone knows a good obstetrician over there. We will get you home..."

Never Leave Your Heart Aloneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें