Chapter 96

Derek was irate. He was tired of this. He was tired of the Drew and Meredith relationship. Meredith, she may be innocent. Hell, he knew she was innocent. She would never do anything like that. He knew her. He was beginning to believe that he knew her better than she knew herself. But Drew. He knew how it was. He knew how he worked. And it seemed lately that there were undertones. Secrets. Something was going on, and he knew his cousin well enough to know he wasn't that innocent.

"What?" Drew asked as he stepped back from Meredith and looked at Derek

"What do you mean, what? Why the fuck are you hugging my wife?" Derek shouted angrily.

"She- I-" He stammered nervously. "She was crying."

"So you kiss her?" Derek asked loudly.

"Dude, let's not do this here." Drew said as he looked around.

"I will so whatever I want, whenever I want! This my house! My wife! This is my fucking life!" Derek shouted as he glared at Drew.

"Not in front of the kid." Drew warned as he looked at a terrified Anna.

"Derek...I don't- What..." She said as she cried out.

"So now you cry?" He said nastily to her. "Why her?" Derek asked Drew. Drew returned his gaze with a frown.

Meredith looked up at him, the tears falling even harder as she listened to his words. He wasn't listening. And she couldn't talk. Her voice was gone. Her words wouldn't form. She couldn't defend anything. She couldn't do anything but stare. Finally she ran out of the water and up to the house.

"You're an ass!" Drew shouted as he jogged after her.

Derek quickly ran after Drew and Meredith. Drew followed her wet footprints into the front door. Derek had had enough. His stride increased as he closed in the space between he and his cousin. He quickly reached Drew at the foot of the stairs. Derek threw his arm up and yanked Drew backwards off the bottom step. He stumbled back, catching himself just before he fell. Drew stood up and spun around.

"You asshole!" Drew yelled as he shoved Derek backwards. Derek quickly pinned Drew against the wall. He hit with a bang, causing photos to fall to the floor with a crash. Glass flying everywhere.

"She's my wife, Drew. When are you going to get that? When are you going to quit this bullshit." Derek screamed as he stared at his cousin, holding him against the wall.

"Quit being a dick. Nothing is going on." Drew said loudly. "And get your fucking hands off of me." He said loudly, but calmly. He didn't want either of them to regret this.

"Nothing is going on? I see you. The looks. The touches. I see it, fuck-head. I see it all. Do you honestly think I am going to let this go on?" Derek asked as he increased pressure on his cousin.

"Yeah. I like Mer. I do. She's amazing. And perfect. You are lucky. You, Derek. Not me. She only sees you. I like her. But you are family, and I would never cross that line. And you know it." Drew said calmly. "I'm not the one you should be worrying about." He muttered.

"What?" Derek asked, catching what he said. "What do you mean, the one?"

"Nothing. You know what? Just talk to your wife." Drew said as he pulled away from Derek.

"I want you out of my house." Derek said loudly as he began climbing the stairs.

Derek followed the wet trail. Tiny puddles. Water. Possibly tears. He followed the wet trail to their bedroom. His heart sank as he looked on the bed. There she laid. Quiet. No movement. Like she was sleeping. She wasn't sleeping. He looked at her, laying there on their bed. The white comforter was soaked with water and mud. There she laid.