Chapter 92

Derek stood by the door tapping his foot. She had said she would be down in a few minutes. He was beginning to wonder. He was hoping that she hadn't fallen asleep again. Actually he was hoping she had. He knew she was exhausted, and she needed rest. But he wanted her to come along. He wanted her on his arm. He wanted everyone to see how beautiful and charming she was. He looked up as she descended down the stairs.

"Mer..." He said with a soft smile. "You look..." He trailed off. Her gown laid perfectly. Not hiding her bump, or accentuating it. Her hair was in a soft up-do.

"Are you ready?" She asked as she walked down the last step.

"Of course." He said with a grin. "You look breathtaking." He told her as he leaned in and kissed her.

"Thank you." She returned as she grabbed her clutch purse and his hand.

They both walked into the garage and climbed into Derek's Land Rover. He pressed the button and they drove off into the night. Derek glanced over at her. She had a a faint smile on her face. He looked at her hand placed comfortably on her abdomen. She was always instinctively protecting their children. She caught his glance and looked over.

"I'm huge...I know." She said with a frown.

"What? No!" He quickly replied as he glanced over at her.

"I saw you looking at me. I'm getting fat." She snapped. "I know you don't find me attractive anymore..." She moaned.

"Mer! That's not true. You are gorgeous." He pleaded. It was the hormones, and lately she had been flying off the handle left and right.

"McAss thinks I'm a cow and so do you!" She whined as her eyes began to tear up.

"What? What do you mean, he thinks you're a cow?" Derek said as he stopped at the stop light. His eyes looking into hers.

"He told me I was a cow." She moaned as she looked out the window. "He's right."

"That son-of-a-bitch!" He yelled. "Who the hell does he think he is?" He yelled.

"It's okay, Derek. Bailey told him. And I hit him." Meredith said frankly.

"You hit him?" Derek asked in shock.

"Slapped him, yeah." Meredith said, nodding her head.

"Good for you!" Derek said with a proud smile on his face. "In a strange way, that turns me on..." Derek said with a grin.

"Yeah?" She asked as she leaned towards him.

"Oh yeah!" He said quickly as he pressed his lips against hers, her tongue sliding in.

"Mmm." She moaned as she tasted him. His mouth sucked and nipped her lip. She felt his hands slide around and rub her back. "I want you..." She moaned and her hand travelled down, rubbing against him. She felt his rise to her touch.

"Oh god!" He moaned as he felt her touch. "I...we..." He said as she massaged him, his slacks tightening. They both jumped when they heard a loud honk. They looked back to see a line of traffic behind them.

"Shit..." He moaned as he took his foot of the brake and pressed the gas petal.

"We'd be late." She said with a shrug.

"Oh we'll finish this." He said with a nod.

"I'm looking forward to that..." She giggled. "Somewhere dirty..."

"Oh...dirty...uh huh..." He said as he pulled into the parking lot of the hotel. "I can do dirty..."

"I know you can, Dr. Shepherd." She said happily. "So are you ready for your party?" She asked.