Chapter 110

"Mmmm, morning." Meredith said as she looked up into Derek's eyes. She had missed his deep blue eyes. She missed his pokey morning stubble.

"Morning." He said with a smile as he leaned down and gave her a soft kiss. "How did you sleep?"

"Better than I have in a week." She said with a smile as she buried her head into his chest.

"Me too. We can't be apart ever again. It's bad for our heath." He told her frankly as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I think I proved that to be a fact." She said with a giggle. "So what did you do while I was gone?"

"Things." Derek said with a smile as he rubbed her shoulder.

"Things? What do you mean, things?" Meredith said as she looked up at him.

"Work. Mostly work. I did some stuff around the house. Cutting grass, cleaning up the trail." He said with a shrug.

"First of all... You cut grass?" She said with a chuckle.

"Of course I cut the grass. You know, it's really stupid to pay someone to do something we can do." He said quickly.

"I hate cutting grass. Cutting grass is horrible." She said with a scrunched nose.

"Fine. You don't have to cut the grass, I will cut the grass. I will have all the fun to myself." He said with a shrug.

"Good." She said quickly. "So it doesn't sound like you had a great time."

"No. I nearly cried myself to sleep every night." He said, feigning sadness.

"You did not!" She said with a chuckle.

"Maybe not, but I wanted to." He said as he kissed her forehead. "How are we feeling?" He asked as he rubbed her stomach.

"Like we have to pee!" She said quickly. She slowly threw her legs over the side of the bed and waddled to the bathroom.

"Do you need help?" He said as he jumped up.

"Unless you want to wipe for me, no." She said as she shut the door.

"I would. If you needed me to, I would." He said quickly.

"I don't want you to, believe me. Not to mention, you would find someway to dirty it up!" She said through the door.

"Dr. Shepherd." Bailey said as she walked in with George, Izzie, Cristina and Alex.

"She's in the bathroom." Derek said as he walked away from the door.

"We figured that. Either that, or you've gone insane." Bailey snapped as she watched Meredith walk slowly out of the bathroom. "And how are you?"

"I feel good." She said as she attempted to pull herself on the bed. Derek gave her a sympathetic look and helped her up.

"Meredith good. Or good good?" Izzie said quickly.

"I feel okay. No contractions. No pain. Nothing. Just ready to go home." She said as she looked at her friends.

"You know, I knew you were stupid, but to fly home. Now that is stupid." Miranda said, shaking her head.

"There was no way I was going to get stuck over there. No way." Meredith said as she crossed her arms across her stomach. "Where's Addison, I'm ready to go home." She snapped.

"Someone's a little hormonal." Alex joked.

"Screw you, Alex." Meredith said loudly.

"Yang, find Dr. Montgomery. We need to get her out of here." Miranda said as she looked at her and shook her head. "I'm glad that everything turned out okay." She said with a faint smile as she turned and walked out.