Chapter 125

Derek was in a panic. He never panicked. Not like this. At this moment, all rational thought was gone. He couldn't function. He had no idea what to do. He was frozen. He was brain dead. It seemed like hours. Hours of confusion. Hours of hell. But in reality it was seconds. Seconds and he had to make his move.

"911 emergency." The operator asnwered.

"2028 Evergreen Lane. I- I- My wife. My wife is unconscious and my children- My children are missing." He said in a panic.

"Sir, have you looked for your children?" She asked frankly.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He yelled as he bent down next to Meredith. "She... She has a bump. She's unconcious. I think it's a hematoma. Oh God...Mer." He said in a panic.

"Sir, you need to calm down." She said softly.

"Calm down? I'll calm down when I feel fucking calm!" He yelled into the phone.

"Help is on it's way..." She said before he sat the phone on the floor. He pulled out his flashlight and peeled her eye open. Her left pupil was bigger than the right. He looked up when he heard the front door open loudly. The emergency personelle walked in quickly.

"She has unequal pupil size and a knot on her head. I believe she has a subderal hematoma. She hasn't regained consciousness in the last twenty mintes" He said in a panic as the rushed up.

"An who are you?" A parametic said as he knelt down.

"Her husband... I'm a surgeon. Neurosurgeon..." He said quickly.

"Sir?" And officer said as he walked up.

"My- My- My children are missing and my wife is... Oh my God..." He said as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"What happened. I need tou to say it calmly and cleary so we can get moving." The officer said nicely.

"I was planning on coming home for lunch. My wife took our seven year old daughter and our seven month old boy and girl to the zoo. She was supposed to be here. I called her and got no answer. When I came home, I searched and I found this." Derek said as he held her hand.

"Have you searched the house?" The officer asked.

"Of course I have." He spat. The officer nodded for them to search the residence.

"You're sure your wife didn't take the kids to a friend's or realatives?" The officer asked.

"I don't think so..." Derek said quickly. He looked on the countertop. He say the two plates of food. Nothing for Anna. None of Anna's things were there. "There are only two sandwiches. She would have made something for our daughter..." He said with a ray of hope.

"I suggest that you call her friends, perhaps your children are staying somewhere. We will continue to search." He explained.

"Wait!" Derek said as they began to wheel Meredith out. What to do? Search for the kids, or go with his wife? Kids? Wife?

"We will keep searching." The officer said as he nodded for Derek to go. "This is our job."

Derek opted to take his car, rather than ride along. He needed to call. He needed to talk to every last person that the twins had ever seen. He drove dangerously as he followed the ambulence. He didn't care that he was being wreckless. He could only think about his family right now.

"Jen?" Derek said in a panic as the fourth person he dialed answered.

"Derek?" She asked in confusion.

"Are the twins there? Is Anna with you?" He said quickly.

"Anna is, yes. But the twins are at home with Meredith. Are you okay? Is everything okay?" She asked quickly.