Chapter 28

Meredith had a restless night. Between the nightmares of what happened and the pain she was having, she wasn't getting a good night's rest. Every time she woke up, Derek held her just a little tighter. Between the mental and physical damaged she sustained, she was exhausted. She heard the nurses come in a few times during the night to check on her. Everything was a blur. She was on a high dose of morphine, and at this point she was glad.

"You aren't supposed to be a patient!" Miranda shouted as she threw the lights on. Derek jumped up and out of bed. "Like we didn't all know you were there." Derek just shrugged.

"So how was your night?" George asked, walking toward her.

"Uh, okay, I guess." Meredith responded as she grabbed her head and winced.

"Does your head hurt?" Derek asked with concern.

"I was hurled into wall." She said sarcastically. "Yes, it hurts."

"I think she needs a CT." Derek said boldly to Miranda.

"She had one last night, and it was clear." Miranda said quickly, looking at her chart.

"Well, I am your attending, and I say she needs another." Derek spat out.

"This is why attendings should not date interns." Miranda muttered.

"It's called 'making sure your patient is okay'" He retorted, as he grabbed her chart.

"O'Malley, you heard the man. Get a CT when we are done here." Miranda said as she rolled her eyes. "Otherwise, how are you?"

"I feel like I have been run over by a truck." Meredith said she she closed her eyes.

"Well you look like you have been run over by a truck!" Cristina said loudly from the back of the group.

"Thanks, crack-whore." Meredith retorted.

"Whatever man-eating whore." Cristina said quickly.

"Well they said that you did basically get hit by a truck. The force of the explosion was strong. You are lucky it didn't do more damage..." Izzie spoke up.

"What is the damage?" Meredith asked with a grimace.

"Three broken ribs, a fractured arm, and a severe concussion." Miranda said quickly.

"When can I go home?" Meredith asked.

"Home? Are you kidding me, Meredith?" Derek asked with a chuckle.

"No, I hate the hospital." She responded.

"Well then it is a damn good thing that you are working in one." Alex said with a laugh.

"That is different." Meredith said, rolling her eyes.

"Okay. O'Malley, get the CT. And a psych consult." Miranda said as she walked out the door, with everyone following her.

"What?" Meredith shouted. "I don't need a freaking psych consult."

"You have been through a lot..." Miranda explained.

"Not that much. I am fine!" Meredith yelled. "No way, am I talking to a shrink!"

"Whatever you say, Grey." Miranda said, patronizing her.

"Good." She said. "I don't see why I have to have another CT..." Meredith whined.

"Something could be wrong." Derek said frankly.

"I'm fine, and it's not. So you can go or whatever." Meredith spat out as she she closed her eyes.

"No, I'm here. I will save you, and protect you, and love you..." He said with a smile as he kissed her.