Chapter 65

Derek laid there, motionless. He tried to hide the look of shock on his face. Had he just heard her right? Tomorrow. She did say tomorrow. He was positive she said tomorrow. He couldn't keep up with her. An hour ago she was angry. Then they had sex. And now she wants to get married. Tomorrow. Nothing would make him happier than marrying her tomorrow. But he had to wonder...was that what she really wanted?

"Tomorrow? Did you just say, tomorrow?" Derek asked as his eyes searched her.

"Yes." She said with a giggle as she nestled against him.

"As in the day after today?" He asked again. She nodded. "Like when we go to sleep, and then wake up. That day?" He said, still in shock.

"That would be the day..." She said with a smile. "What? Now you don't want to marry me..." She said sadly. The look of disappointment evident.

"Mer...yes! I mean no. Yes, Meredith Ellis Grey, I want to marry you!" He said as he looked into her eyes. "I was just a little surprised, that's all."

"Why?" She asked as she cocked her head, a trait she had picked up from him.

"Well, a few hours ago, you were mad a me." He stated as he cocked his head too.

"No, a few hours ago, I was upset. A few days ago, now that was when I was mad. More disappointed. But I'm not anymore. I can't stay mad at you. I was stupid, you were stupid. Let's not be stupid anymore." She answered with a sigh.

"When you say get married tomorrow-" He started, she quickly cut him off.

"Yes- I mean the day after today!" She said loudly, anticipating what he was going to say.

"No, that's not what I mean. There is nothing planned." He said, not getting her rationale.

"I mean you and I, tomorrow. City hall, the courthouse, wherever the hell we are supposed to go." She rambled quickly.

"That's romantic..." He said with a chuckle. She laid her head back on the pillow and stared at the ceiling.

"You've been married. I've been married." She told him with a shrug.

"You deserve better than a Vegas wedding chapel." He said as he ran his hand on her cheek.

"Derek...I had the fluffy white dress, the cake, a thousand guests." His eyes got wide. "Yes, literally a thousand guests." She said quickly with a head shake. "I just want you and me. No family. No parents. Derek and Meredith. Alone. Together." She said with a sigh.

"I do too. Nothing sounds better. But we are doing this right." He demanded. "Not tomorrow. This weekend."

"Not tomorrow." She whined as she looked over at him.

"Nope. This weekend. Tomorrow is Thursday. People don't get married on Thursdays." He reasoned, looking into her green eyes.

"What's the difference? We'll be alone. What is a Thursday compared to a Saturday. Hey! City Hall isn't open on Saturdays!" She said, as she realized.

"We are not getting married at city hall..." He said with raised eyebrows.

"We're not?" She asked, as she started to give in.

"No. We most definitely are not." Derek told her. "You are taking Saturday, Sunday and Monday off." He demanded.

"Derek-" She started.

"No, Mer. Your step-dad is Chief of Surgery. I am your attending. You have been working way too much. More than anyone else. You have been on-call every other day. You are taking days off, and I am going to make sure of it." He told her as he kissed her head. He began sniffing. Meredith gave him a puzzled look. "Eww." He spat.