Chapter 127

Derek watched as she screamed. He quickly jumped to his feet and wrapped his arms around her. Several nurses came in along with an office and Dr. Rayburn. She gasped for air as she started to panic. Derek felt her pull away as she began ripping the i.v. out of her arm. She threw her legs over the bed and started to take off.

"Mer!" Derek said as she swooped her up. She looked up at him and started swinging at him. "Meredith!" He yelled as she pulled her close.

"Mar- Mar- Marty and Holly!" She screamed.

"What about Marty and Holly?" Derek asked as he looked into her red eyes.

"They have my babies! They took our babies." She cried out. "We have to stop them!"

"Ma'am... I'm detective Crisholm. What exactly do you remember?" He asked as he rushed over.

"Tell them, Mer." Derek said as she looked at her.

"I was making lunch. I thought Derek was home. He grabbed me from behind and covered my face. I knew his voice, his watch, his smell. And then I looked up. Holly grabbed the twins. Everything went black." She said as she sobbed. "I tried to hold my breathe... I tried..."

"Who are these people?" Detective Crisholm asked.

"Marty Tanner and Holly Davison." Derek looked down at his wife. "They're on that list I gave you..."

"You're sure, Dr. Shepherd?" He asked as he looked down at her. She nodded her head.

"They're siblings..." She muttered.

"What!" Derek said loudly.

"Brother and sister..." She said as she began to sob harder.

"Oh my God..." Derek said in utter shock.

"I'm going to..." The detective trailed off as he rushed off.

"Mer, I'm so sorry..." Derek said as he glared at the nurses to get out.

"Why? Why, Derek?" She moaned as her body quivered.

"I don't know, Mer. I have no idea." Derek said as he too began to cry.

"Where is Anna?" Meredith said in a panic as she jerked away.

"Disneyworld." He said quickly. "I sent her there with Jane and a bodyguard. She didn't need this. She doesn't know."

"Disneyworld... What is today?" She said as she looked up.

"They've been gone for two days." He said sadly. She quickly jumped off his lap and began dressing herself.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he watched her.

"We have to find them." She said frankly,

"Mer. You haven't been in the right year for the last two days. You can't go anywhere." He told her as he grabbed her hand.

"I'm not sitting around." She said as she shoved him and continued to get dressed. She looked around the room, making sure she hadn't forgotten anything before she rushed out.

"Dr. Grey!" Justin Rayburn yelled as he watched her rush down the hallway. "You can't leave."

"I am." She said as she continued on, with Derek on her heels.

"The police have a post here. In the conference room." He said as he grabbed her arm and rushed towards the room.

"Dr. Shepherd..." They said as they looked up.

"What's going on?" Meredith asked as looked around.

"We think we have a lead to where they might be..." He said as he looked over the papers.