Chapter 38

"Mer, it's time to get up." Derek whispered into her ear and planted a soft kiss on her neck.

"Too early..." She moaned as she rolled over, and covered her head with the heavy comforter.

"Okay then." He said as he climbed under the covers and met her lips with his.

"Still tired..." She said as she pulled away and yawned.

"Really?" Derek said in surprise. "Humph." He moved lower under the blanket and began to kiss her still naked breasts. "Still?" He asked as he pulled away from her.

"Um, still a little...yeah.." She said as she laid back.

"I can fix that." She said as he worked his way farther down. He spread her legs and his tongue delved inside of her. She gasped loudly.

"Uh. Okay. I'm awake." She said as she quickly wiggled away from him.

"But we were just having fun." He said as his head peeked out from under the blankets. He had a huge smile on his face.

"If you start that. We won't be able to stop, and we'll be late." She explained, trying to rationalize more to herself than him.

"What's so bad about being late?" He asked as he laid against her. She could feel his erection pressing against her skin.

"Oh God..." She moaned. "Come on!" She said as she dragged him out of the bed and to the bathroom.

"What are we doing?" He asked.

"Multitasking." She returned as she turned on the water and pulled him into the shower with her. They both fell against the wall. Meredith began to giggle hysterically. Derek found it infectious and joined in. "Seriously..."

"Seriously." He returned with a smile.

"Multitasking." She said quickly remembering what she was doing. She lathered her hair and threw some of his shampoo in her hands and lathered his. "You have to help!" She scorned. He quickly obliged.

"What are you doing here?" George asked as he grabbed a coffee mug.

"Living here, for the moment." Ian said smoothly as he settled down in his chair and opened the paper.

"Seriously?" George asked. "Meredith is letting you live here?"

"Yes." Ian said simply as he took a bite of his english muffin. "I like english muffins. Do you know why?"

"Because they taste good?" George said, shrugging his shoulders, as he sat down with a muffin.

"No. Because they are English." George just rolled his eyes. Both of their heads shot up when they heard the yelling and rustling around upstairs.

"What the hell is that?" Ian asked quickly.

"Meredith and Derek." George said simply.

"Are they always that loud?" Ian asked, as he heard Meredith scream Derek's name.

"Oh, that is not loud." George explained. "Loud is when the windows break." George laughed, thinking back at the door incident.

"Hmm." Ian mumbled as he went back to the newspaper. "So you are all friends?"

"Yep." George answered, slightly annoyed by Ian. "So, you and Meredith were married." George asked, returning Ian's stupid question for one of his own.

"Actually, are..." Ian clarified. George spit muffin out all over the table.

"What?" George asked in shock.

"We're still married." Ian said frankly as he folded the section of paper he was reading.

"What do you mean, still married?" George asked quickly. "Does Meredith know?"