Chapter 123

Drew tossed in his bed once again. He had no idea how Anna ever slept through it. It was usually loud. But tonight, it was earth shattering. Thank god she was with Izzie. He covered his head with one pillow. Then two. Then three. Still the faint sounds of moaning, grunting and screaming each other's names rang in his ears. They were like some kind of machines. It'd stop for a few minutes and then they were right back in the game. If he had sleeping pills, he'd be taking him. No, he wouldn't. He wanted to make sure he could hear the twins. In other words, he was going to suffer.

"Oh God...Derek!" She shouted loudly. Then a crash. A definite crash. A picture. Maybe an antique vase. Either way, they kept on, ignoring the damage.

"Harder...harder!" Meredith shouted. That of course was followed by a banging headboard, confirming her requests were granted.

"Fuck..." He heard Derek shout as he hit his peak.

"I'm sorry, big guy." Drew said as he looked down at his own penis. "Shit..." He moaned as he tossed again.

Drew glanced over at the clock. It was six a.m. They had gone at it, all night. Finally at five a.m. they went silent. From sheer exhaustion, most likely. Combined, he had probably gotten a solid two hours sleep. He thanked god that he didn't have to work. He threw his legs over the bed and stood up. Doctors hours. He couldn't sleep anymore if he tried.

"Hey, guys." He said as he walked in and looked at the sleeping babies. He had given them a bottle in the middle of the night, and they had slept the rest of the night.

"I hope mommy and daddy were smart. What a surprise it would be to have more of you..." He said with a chuckle as he walked out of the room and down to the kitchen.

The food was still on the table. Candles burned to their socket. He quickly prepared the coffee and started throwing away the food and placing the plates in the sink. A smile played on his face as he looked down at the tiny pink G-string on the floor. He picked it up and spun it around his finger. Grabbing his coffee and the newspaper, he sat back in a chair and watched the sunrise.

"Morning..." Derek said as he stumbled into the kitchen in his sleep pants and a t-shirt. His hair was disheveled, his eyes were tired, but he looked happy.

"Morning..." Drew answered as he watched Derek sit down in front of him. "So it sounds like you had a good night. A long night. Thanks loads for that, man." He said as he rolled his eyes.

"A very good night." Derek said with a satisfied smile. "And sorry..."

"Yeah...marathon sex." Drew said as he sipped his coffee. "A good thing, I suppose..."

"It was long overdue." Derek stated frankly as he grabbed a section of the paper. Drew looked up as Meredith walked into the kitchen very gingerly with the twins.

"Morning." She said as she sat the carriers down on the table. Derek immediately cooed at his babies.

"Rough ride last night, cowgirl?" Drew said with a chuckle as he watched her walk over to the table. She rolled her eyes and sat down.

"I fed them a bottle at three." Drew told them as she grabbed Delilah and let her nurse.

"Thank you." Meredith said graciously.

"No problem. Apparently you needed the sex." He laughed as he looked at them both.

"And this... Very nice, Mer." He said as he spun her G-string. Her eyes got wide as she looked up. Derek quickly snatched it out of his hand.

"Isn't it?" Derek said with an evil grin. "Very nice..." He repeated as he looked over at her.

"So, I hope you guys were smart..." He mentioned as he leaned back in his seat.