Chapter 69

Derek laid there and watched Meredith sleep. He decided that he would be completely content laying with her, in bed, for the rest of his life. Things that were once important to him, no longer mattered. He found that she was now his man concern, over himself and anyone else. And Anna, of course. He loved her like she was his own. So there her laid, until she opened her eyes. Her green eyes sparkled like he'd never seen.

Beautiful day
Watching you as you awake
Morning stars in your eyes
Your hand in mine

"Good morning, Dr. Shepherd," He said as he leaned in a kissed her softly.

"Were you watching me sleep?" She giggled as she stretched her arms.

"I was..." He said softly. "I love to watch you sleep." He said as he kissed her again.

The sky is lit up
Day will be richer than night
So dont think of yesterday
Its here and now

"I am your wife." She said, finally letting it set in. She looked down at the rings that now graced her once bare hand.

"Yes you are." He said with a smile. "Yes...you are..."

Its a, its a, its a...new day

"I say we stay in bed all day." Meredith suggested as she pulled herself against his warm body.

"Naked?" He asked with a hopeful tone.

"Of course." She said happily. "I guess we could go out and lay in the sun too..."

The beauty of you
Gives me my fortitude
Stronger than any dark cloud
Screaming out loud, hey, hey

"Naked?" He asked again.

"Oh yes. We must make use of the private beach." She replied. She laid there in the comfort of his arms. He mind soon drifted. "Do you think Anna's upset because we aren't with her?" Meredith asked, killing the mood.

"I am sure Anna is just fine." He reassured her as he began kissing her neck. "I like the way you taste."

"And how is that?" She asked with a moaned as she moved her neck toward him.

"Sweet and salty. Definitely salty." Derek said as he licked and nipped her neck.

"Salty because all I did was sweat last night." She giggled.

"Ah yes, but it was good sweating." He said as he kissed her chest.

"That it was..." She moaned. "You know, we could make use of that large two-person shower." She mentioned as she raised her eyebrows. "We could do the bendy thing..."

The sky is lit up
Day will be richer than night
So dont think of yesterday
Its here and now

"That we could. But then you would just be sweet..." He muttered into her chest.

"Yes, but I am sure you could make me salty again." She said as she climbed out of the bed and trotted to the bathroom.

"Are you coming?" She asked as she looked back at him.

"In more ways than one." He answered as he jumped out of the bed.

"You, Dr. Shepherd, have a very dirty mind..." She whispered into his ear.

"You know you love it." He told her.

"That I do..." She answered as she nipped his ear.

Its a, its a, its a...new day