Chapter 91

Meredith and Derek were beaming when they left the hospital. A boy and a girl. How much more perfect could it get? Derek had shown everyone their latest picture as the walked down the hallway. Just as they reached the highway, her pager blared. She pulled it off and looked at the screen.

"Damn-it!" She shouted. "I have to go back." He sighed as he looked over at her, He quickly exited and turned back around.

"I don't miss that..." Derek said with a chuckle.

"Oh it will still happen to you." She said frankly. "Do you think everyone of your patients will walk out with flying colors?"

"I was kind of hoping they would." He said with a chuckle.

"Dream on..." She muttered. "So much for getting a dress." She returned with a frown. "I guess I'll have to figure something out."

"I'll see you later." Derek said as he pulled in front of the hospital and leaned in, giving her a quick kiss.

"Don't count on it." She said sadly. I have a feeling this is going to be an all-nighter.

"Well, call me when you get off." He said with a smile.

"Okay." She said as she jumped out of the car. She quickly walked up to the elevator and got off at her floor. "What's going on?" She asked Miranda Bailey as she ran by.

"Pile-up on the freeway. Get in your scrubs and get your ass to the pit!" She yelled as she kept jogging.

Meredith rushed into the locker room and changed. She was bummed about having to come back, but now adrenaline had taken over and she was ready to go. She was in shock when she got downstairs and saw all of the injured people they were bringing in.

"Head trauma." Bailey spat. "Take him to CT, then page Dr. Rayburn." And she rolled the gurney to Meredith.

"Okay." Meredith said as she quickened her pace and headed towards CT.

"My head." The woman moaned.

"I know. We have to take a look first." Meredith muttered as she kept going. She frowned when she got down there and saw the long line.

"Man, this is great, isn't it?" Cristina said as she stood there.

"Oh yeah. Great. Six car pile-up on the freeway. That really great." She answered sarcastically.

"What the hell is your problem?" Cristina said, taken aback. "We're going to be cutting people open.

"Well, for starters I got reamed by Addison and Derek. I thought Derek was a crazy stalker and a I ran and he wasn't. He yelled at me for pushing myself too hard, and then we had hot sex in the woods which made it better. There is a hospital dinner tomorrow night and I have nothing to wear. My body aches. I found out I'm having a boy and a girl and didn't even get to go home with my husband. And now I am stuck here..." She spat.

"You had hot sex in the woods?" Cristina said in shock.

"Yeah, against a tree." Meredith said frankly.

"Impressive." Cristina said as she nodded her head.

"So that's all you care about. I did just tell you I know the sexes of my children... Some friend you are." Meredith said, shaking her head.

"Yeah, that's great." Cristina muttered as she looked away. "Oh! Look at that guy." She said, pointing to a man on a gurney. He had a fishing pole trough his arm.

"You are useless." Meredith muttered under her breath.

"You're turning into a bitter married woman." Cristina said loudly. Meredith ignored her comment. Cristina rolled her patient into the room.