Chapter 95

"Mama, when are the babies coming?" Anna asked from the back seat of Meredith's BMW X5. Meredith looked down at her abdomen and back up at the little girl in the back.

"Not soon enough." Meredith said with a moan. "In about four and a half months." She quickly revised.

"You're not gonna get crazy, are you? Molly said her mom was crazy after she had her brother." Anna said with a worried tone.

"Anna, it will be fine." Meredith said as she glanced in the mirror again.

"Oh. Molly's mom wasn't." She argued as she played with her toys.

"I'm not Molly's mom. We will be fine. We'll just have to get used to it." Meredith said with a sigh. She didn't like this. Anna seemed distracted about the twins. Worried. Concerned.

"Where do babies come from?" Anna asked as she stared at her mom. Their eyes locked.

"My belly. The babies are in my belly." Meredith said quickly. Crap. This is not going in the right direction.

"I know that. We've been over that." She said, emulating Derek. Derek always said that phrase to her.

"Oh! We've been over that, huh?" Meredith said, matching Anna's irritated tone.

"Yes. And I want to know how they got there." Anna snapped as she looked out the window.

"Anna, don't take that tone." Meredith warned. She heard Anna huff loudly. "Ask daddy. He's smarter than I am." Meredith finally answered.

"That's what daddy said. He said to ask you, cause you are smarter than him." Anna explained.

"Damn..." She muttered softly. Now what? She quickly exited the highway.

"I know! I'll just ask Uncle Drew!" Anna finally said. "He knows everything!"

"No! No...you don't want to ask Uncle Drew. He doesn't know. He'll be embarrassed if you ask him and he can't answer. You know who would know...Addison." Meredith said as she pawned this situation off on her friend. She wouldn't let it get that far. She would definitely have to talk to Derek about this. They needed a plan.

"Okay. We'll ask Aunt Addison. She's super-smart!" Anna said exuberantly.

"Yes she is." Meredith agreed with a head nod.

"I'm hungry." Anna said with a moan.

"Didn't you eat lunch at school?" Meredith asked as she looked back.

"Yeah. But I threw my sandwich away." Anna said frankly.

"You threw away your sandwich? Why did you do that?" Meredith asked quickly.

"I don't like peanut butter anymore." Anna said with a shrug.

"You liked peanut butter yesterday. We ate it on celery. In fact, you loved it." Meredith said with irritation.

"Yeah. I don't like it anymore." She told her with a giggle.

"You can't just stop liking something." Meredith told her as they pulled into the neurology center.

"I can." Anna argued.

"You can't." Meredith explained as she put the car in park.

"I did." Anna said with a smile. "Why are we here?" Anna asked as she looked around.

"I'm leaving you here." Meredith told her quickly as she opened up the car door.

"What?" Anna said with a worried voice.

"Yep. Leaving you here." Meredith said with a faint smile as they began walking to the door. Anna grabbed her hand and began crying. "Anna, what's the matter?" Meredith asked as she stopped and looked down at her.