Family (Michael +Dream)

Made on: 9th of June 2021
Published: 17th of June 2021

i've never been in a snow storm, nor do i live in a place with snow. so this may be inaccurate.

Context:

In this AU, there has been no wars in the Dream SMP so Dream isn't a villain.

Tubbo and Dream are brothers.

dream huffed as his foot once again got stuck in the annoyingly tough snow.

he loved his brother, and his husband, and his best friend.

but did they have to live in such a place with so much snow?

no, no they didn't.

a cloak was feebly clinging onto his back and arms as he was being beat down by the frigid snow.

but in his defense, he didn't know that there would be a storm.

"goddamnit,"

dream muttered, pulling his leg roughly out of the tough snow as he continued powering through his circumstances.

times like these were when dream wished that tubbo didn't adopt a kid.

the main reason why he was in the snow, was because he was looking for michael.

his brother's son.

michael had somehow gotten out of the house and wandered outside, into a fucking snow storm.

"michael!"

dream screamed, he was searching the west while the rest of them was too much in a panic too do anything.

"you out there?!"

dream screamed again, his voice was hoarse and rough, thanks to him screaming into the snow.

"squee!"

dream turned around as fast as he could've, being surprised by the sound.

it sounded veryyyyy close to a piglin squeal, a noise the young made when in distress.

"michael!"

dream's voice was dripping in relief, no matter how much he tries to be annoyed by the kid, he couldn't help the way that his heart warmed every time he was near.

"squeeee!"

the noise was now much much louder, and more slightly desperate.

the snow was obscuring his vision, but he was sure that he could see a small piglin near one of the dark oak trees, trembling and curled up.

"michael! there you are!"

dream gasped as he saw the way that michael looked at him with big doe eyes, a strange sort of protectiveness washing over him.

he was ran as fast as his legs could've carried him, being fruitlessly covered by the frost-tipped leaves as he wrapped his large arms around michael.

"michael, oh my god,"

dream breathed out, he couldn't even comprehend that he had actually found the small piglin, and he was absolutely terrified of what would've happened if he didn't.

piglins were used to the hot weather and biomes, cold habitats can make them sick if they are exposed to them for too long.

another reason for why he hates the snow

"let's go home hm?"

dream soothed, petting michael's ears and giving him the solace of his cloak.

an affirmative grunt from michael was all he needed.

all throughout the walk back, michael was desperately clinging onto dream's chest, seeing how he was being held by dream.

<><><><><><>

tommy paced back and forth throughout the house, most likely more distraught by the situation than the parents.

"dream is looking for him, it's fine!"
"what if they both get lost now?"
"you can't go out in the snow!"

tubbo and ranboo bickered constantly while michael was missing.

unhelpfully adding to the tense atmosphere.

"both of you shut up!"

tommy snapped, anger and frustration on his features.

silence.

silence flowed through the entire house as everyone collectively looked at tommy.

it was rare that tommy genuinely snapped at someone, especially at tubbo.

"whoosh!"

the wind howled as the door was suddenly opened.

revealing a disheveled man and a trembling piglin.

"michael!"

ranboo and tubbo practically tripped over each other as they rushed to take michael from dream's calloused hands.

"you all owe me. . ."

dream grumbled.

and those were his last words before he fainted.

Word Count: 650