The Wedding But Good (Fundynottaken) (1/2)

Made on: 25th of July 2021
Published: 29th of July 2021

Suggested by: Yukine_BloodGod

i don't know shit about weddings soo... :D

Fundy wiped the glassy tears that slipped down his face tauntingly, salty taste filling his mouth.

Disgust pooled in his stomach as he readjusted his hair, seeing the reflection of a man he didn't recognize.

His eyes were a dull brown, a stark difference to when he was with Dream and George. They were always lit up like a thousand stars when he was with them.

His lip quivered as his eyes racked over the rest of the pitiful sight, choosing to squeeze to shut as if that would help his current predicament.

He was being married off to a man he had never met, not Dream or George, a complete stranger.

"I'm your father, I know what's best for you!"

"This man is rich and fairly handsome, we'd be wealthy if you married him!"

"He is much better than those two terrible boys!"

"Stop crying, fucking useless...."

Wilbur's words rang through his head as he clutched the tie that was wrapped around his throat like a vice, it almost felt as if Wilbur's hand was around his neck, slowly choking him.

"Oh Fundy dear... the wedding starts in about ten minutes,"

Fundy whipped around, tear stained face on display for Niki to see.

She had obviously been chosen for the 'maid of honour thingy' (Fundy never cared for weddings, so he never learnt the proper terms, but he knew damn well he wanted Niki at his wedding.)

"Awww, come here sweetie,"

Niki cooed, taking Fundy's worries and washing them away with her hugs, arms wrapping around him and taking him into comfort.

"I know it's hard, but no matter what, I'll make sure to keep an eye on him."

Niki promised, she also hadn't been the most trustworthy of the guy... sure he looked nice but was he himself nice?

"Thank you... god fuck.. why can't Dad let me have anything?"

The word 'Dad' felt like venom on his tongue, he wasn't his dad, he was a person who's connected to Fundy by blood.

He's a stranger, an asshole, he was everything but his fucking 'dad'.

"Come on, I think we should reapply your makeup. Don't want you messed up on your wedding day!"

Niki chirped, desperately trying to make Fundy feel better.

And he does, he would let Niki reapply his makeup... even if he hates the process he loves the way it makes Niki happy.

But he couldn't shake the thought of how empowering it would feel to look like a mess on his wedding day... the look on Wilbur's face, the gasps of the crowd, the embarrassment on the 'man' he was being married to.

Oh well.... might as well not cause too much trouble for one day

~~~

The lights, the people, the flowers, the ornaments.

Everything was perfect, except everything wasn't.

It looked perfect, but it was more so a train wreck.

Everyone seemed blurry, they were there but they weren't. Everyone felt fake, and they probably were.

He wanted George and Dream, not some 'Sam' (He learnt his name after Niki had secretly told him).

He took his first look at the mysterious guy, he does seem nice.

He was well-dressed, fairly tall, had a nice aura around him, even his face was sort of attractive.

He couldn't compare to George and Dream, but he was good enough for Fundy to deal with.

But he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of a certain person in the crowd, the person seemed to be wearing an orange and black mask over his face.

He seems to also be longing for someone else... what a cliché.

He wonders if he suffers the same fate as him, forced to do something he desperately doesn't want to do all because of greed.

His thoughts are cut short when suddenly he hears some familiar tapping from behind him, with the amount of years he's spent with Wilbur, he could instantly recognize his walking pattern.

And he sounds enraged.

"Fundy. I am your father. And I know what's best for you. Therefore, I shouldn't see any shenanigans that could possibly ruin the wedding."

He talked as if he was a robot, void and emotionless, only there to serve one purpose.

"Yes father, I understand."

Fundy replicated his speech, and almost felt surprised at how well he casted a blank face as his insides were consumed by fear.

"Good, don't mess it up,"

Wilbur slammed the door shut as he walked out, and Fundy was sure that he had almost started crying all over again.

"Come on Fundy, the wedding starts in a little and I gotta go get my knife picked up anyway,"

Niki soothed, rubbing a hand over Fundy's back as they walked out.

~~~

Small sounds of piano music flowed through the air gracefully as everyone gathered into their chairs and respective positions by the flower archway.

It looked ethereal in everyone's tampered with vision, but Fundy saw everything as it is.

He wished that his vision was tampered like everyone else.

His feet stepped on the white silk that was laid out beautifully for him, though it felt as if he was walking to his death.

The death of his happiness and freedom.

Sam stood there, tall and unbothered but Fundy could see the internal turmoil boiling inside of him, so close yet so far from exploding.

He couldn't say that he was fairing any better with the way that his lip quivered.

He was about to accept his fate, lose the last bit of his hope and surrender himself into the arm's of a man he would never love.

But suddenly...

"BAM!"

Word Count: 990

yes a cliffhanger, i'm not sorry <3

also yes, this is just part 1, part two is coming out tomorrow because my ✨motivation✨ hasn't been found in days.