Flower Crowns (PLATONIC Eret + Techno)

Made on: 19th of October 2021
Published: 22nd of October 2021

Suggested: Ashn0te

Techno hummed happily to himself as he felt the light breeze pass through his ever growing light pink hair, the locks reaching just below his shoulder blades.

It wasn't his fault that he looked so good in pink.

They were sat on a large hill, big enough to see the whole expanse of the flower garden beneath them.

His eyes were closed as he just lived in moment, a slight startle flowing through himself when he heard the grass rustle next to him, momentarily forgetting that another person was next to him.

Someone who he appreciated dearly, especially since he didn't talk a lot.

"Hmmm..."
"Where is it?.."
"...not over here...or there.."
"Aha!"
"Perfect..."
"Hmm, this one would look better over here..."

Techno could only really hear Eret speak in short sentences, never really having enough context to think about what Eret was doing, but by the sound of constant grass and leaves rustling, he's definitely doing something that involves a lot of moving around.

Suddenly, there was something placed gently on top of his head, followed by the sound of childish giggles.

His eyes opened tiredly, though there was a hint of confusion hidden in them as his hands trailed upwards to grab the thing placed on top of his head, feeling the soft petals brush against his calloused hand.

He brought it done to eye level and was pleasantly surprised when he saw the beauty of it.

It was a flower crown that was weaved together with roses, dandelions, and a few peonies being thrown into bunch.

"Do ya' like it?"

Eret said as he tipped his head back, taking in a big puff of air as he leaned back on his hands which he was using to stabilize himself.

"Yeah, it looks cool I guess,"

Techno muttered, wordlessly putting it back on his head as he proceeded to cross his legs, straightening his back as well.

" 'I guess'? I spend so much time making something for the great Blood God and all I get is a 'It's cool I guess'?"

Techno chuckled to himself as Eret ranted on and on about Techno's choice of words, every word that leaked out of Eret's mouth going through one ear and out the other.

"What can I say? The Blood God has high standards,"

Techno shrugged off Eret's words with a flick of the wrist and an actual shrug of his shoulders.

"Well fine, if my flower crown doesn't impress you then just make your own,"

Eret sassed, taking back the flower crown and placing it in his lap, protecting it by curling is arm around it like a snake.

"Wait- I could teach you to make your own flower crown!"

Eret gasped out excitedly, tugging harshly on Techno's shoulder as he rocked him back and forth repeatedly.

Techno huffed out excuses after excuses but Eret couldn't find it in himself to care about a single word that was coming out of the blubbering man's mouth.

"You're doing it!"

Eret decided with a twist of his wrist as he forcefully shook hands with Techno.

Techno huff and blew his bangs out of his face as he watched Eret sort out an assortment of flowers, shoving some of them into Techno's hand while some were left in his own palms.

---

Admittedly, for a warrior who can cut up someone in seconds easily with a dull blade, he was very very bad with making flower crowns.

His hand and fingers were much thicker and were made for grabbing weapons, not flowers and certainly not jobs that required precision and utter concentration.

He sorta stopped concentrating when he got too good at killing people, just letting the muscle memory flow through him.

"No! Like this!"
"You're so clumsy when you're not gripping a sword-"
"Put your fingers here...nope...here..uhh you know what? Close enough,"

Techno completely tuned out Eret as he actually attempted at making a serious flower crown, silly finger tripping over each other occasionally but still making progress.

Eret giggled as they watched Techno attempt to make a flower crown without messing up, actually doing a pretty good job in his opinion.

---

...where to even begin?

It wasn't bad, not at all actually! It was just...wonky..yeah..wonky.

But Eret wore it proudly nonetheless, standing in front of Techno and striking poses over and over, only to have them be poorly repeated by a certain stumbling man who was wearing a flower crown that he made.

Overall, was it a good flower crown? Absolutely not

Was it a flower crown he was gonna cherish until each petal withered? Yes.

Word Count: 775