Snake Hair (Samwastaken)

Made on: 15th of December 2021 (I went through a really long writer's block-)
Published: 10th of March 2022

sam has snake hair >:D

Sam huffed as he felt another tug on his scalp, looking up to the man that was being the culprit.

"Come onnnn, let em out, you know they're gonna be cranky if ya don't."

Oh right, since Sam wasn't exactly a full 'medusa' (as some people had eloquently put it), he missed out on some features but also got some brand new ones.

One of the main features was that he sadly couldn't turn people to stone, but he quickly forgave the fact with the way that he was able to hide his hair.

It was a weird process, the way that Sam's snake hair would shrink back into his head and then a tuft of green hair, but then again it's better than having a bunch of snakes that acted like puppy dogs attached to your head.

Another thing was that the snakes weren't exactly like how they were portrayed, they had big round eyes, more so softer and smooth scales, and were very very much dumb.

He often wonders if it was blessing or a curse to have the little fiends on his head.

The bed shifts underneath him as he readjusts his head which was laying in Dream's lap, who was sitting upright with open legs.

The only sound in the room were the two men's voices with the low humming of the fan that was covered in several layers of paint, it wasn't for any particular reason, Sam just liked being able to customize his stuff for him and his beloved.

"Yeah but like, they're probably gonna chomp,"
"They don't have any teeth anyway,"

While Dream was right, he still didn't really like his snake hair because of the amount of noise the little bastards created while they were out, little hisses always filled the air as he just simply tired to do a task.

"Come onnnnn, I haven't see Julie all dayyyy."

Sam has absolutely no idea how Dream is able to see something different in every snake, especially to the point where they have names! Hell, Sam knew these snakes his whole life and he couldn't find one difference between them even if it was his deepest passion.

"Only if you find my headphones, I swear I put them on the couch but now they've magically disappeared,"

Sarcasm dripped in his voice like molten lava as he watched Dream's face heat up, all of his red features being emphasized with the way the sun which was peeking through the thin curtains hit his pale face.

"Oh shut up, you know it's your fault for leaving them in MY reach,"

It wasn't exactly a secret that Dream was kind of a thief, not particularly a big one who wanted to steal crown jewels but someone who would definitely be the first suspect if you happened to lose a pen.

The atmosphere turned into a lighthearted and goofy one, something that Sam had become familiar with in his relationship with Dream, because no matter how hard Dream tried, he could never be serious about anything ever.

"It's your fault for stealing them in the first place!"
"Is not!"
"Is too!"
"Is not!!"

The bickering went on and on before Sam eventually just felt a hand cover his mouth, effectively shutting him up and shocking him momentarily.

"Ha!"

Dream smirked as he saw the way that Sam's face twisted in confusion, little doe-like eyes drifting from the hand covering his mouth to the man the arm was connected to, expression completely unamused.

"Disgusting!"

The word was barked of Dream's mouth as he felt something wet drag along the inside of his palm, quickly realizing that out of all the things Sam had decided to do, he decided to lick his hand.

"Don't blame me! You're always so stubborn,"

Sam crossed his arms as he watched Dream's face contort into disgust before eventually settling on wiping Sam's own saliva onto his cheek, it was quite a feeling he will admit.

"Shut up already and gimmie the snake babies!"

Dream pouted as he mirrored Sam's actions, only much more dramatic and child-like if he will oh so gently add, it was cute but also so petty, but then again, wasn't that one of Dream's most defining traits?

"Excuse me, but you still haven't given me the headphones, hand 'em over and then we can talk,"

Sam felt a bit of pride bubble in his stomach as he saw Dream think over his choices, before eventually huffing and simply flipping him off before reaching into the nightstand, opening one of the drawers and pulling out of very sacred noise-cancelling headphones.

"Finally, I swear you're so stubborn sometimes,"

Though it was meant to come out serious, all that he could muster was a simple fondness and sort of floatiness to his tone, he could never truly be mad at his love, especially when it was such a simple thing.

Dream didn't respond and just pulled at the sides of Sam's mouth, forcing a smile onto Sam as he patiently waited...well not so patiently but he still waited so that's gotta count for something.

"Bleh!"

Sam slapped away Dream's hand as he glared up at him unintimidated-ly, though he was mostly muscle and pure height, that didn't stop Dream from always comparing him a small puppy.

"Just gimmie the snakes already, you've stalled too longgggg,"

Dream hummed in delight as he saw Sam finally unwind and slip the headphones on, watching in a dazed way with how the snakes slowly protruded from Sam's head, momentarily grossing him out before eventually shaking the shivers that were travelling up and down.

"There's your 'babies',"

Sam huffed as he felt them slither all over, mostly towards Dream's palms, he could hear faint coos of affection towards the snakes from Dream, he was such a idiot.

But Dream was his idiot, so that makes it better he supposes.

Word Count: 991

i completely lost my magic with the dialouge 😭it sounds so dryyyy

i just wanna write happy gay people in love, am i asking for too much >:(