Swings (Karlwastaken)

Made on: 2nd of October 2021
Published: 5th of October 2021

this chapter has age regression <3

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Dad!-"

Karl tugged on Dream's sleeve repeatedly, quite far into his headspace but not too far in to the point where he couldn't talk.

"Yessssssss cookie?"

Dream moaned out, everything but tired of his baby's babbling. He loved it when Karl was like this, shamelessly existing in his headspace instead of when he was quite shy and just wanted to cuddle.

He loved that version of Karl of course! But the loud and shameless version was just as sweet.

"I wan' play on the swings!"

Karl pointed out the window to the playground that they had in their backyard, it was an impulse decision that Dream had made when Karl had shyly asked for one while he was little, star paci falling out his mouth and puppy eyes shining in the light.

"Okay then darling, let's put on your jacket,"

Dream slowly got up off of the arm chair he was sat down on, groaning quietly as he felt his bones pop back into place.

"Yayyy!"

Karl got up off of the floor with no issues, linking his hand with Dream's and impatiently tugging him to the bedroom, just wanting to play on the swings but his stupid Daddy was taking soooooo long.

"Calm down buttercup, the swings aren't going anywhere,"

Dream lightly gripped Karl's face to keep him from spazzing out from the sudden stop, kissing him on the forehead and then gently tugging him to the bedroom, chuckling quietly to himself when he realized that Karl had gone all quiet from embarrassment.

"Sit down on the bed bubs, I'll get your jacket,"

Dream cooed, ruffling Karl's hair before walking over to the wardrobe and grabbing Karl's fluffy jacket, it had purple and green swirls on it while being fluffy on inside.

Karl was quite sensitive to the cold, preferring to keep himself inside, though the case was entirely different when he was little.

"One arm innn...and the other arm innnn... perfect!"

Dream praised, cupping Karl's face and pinching it gently.

"We go now?"

Karl asked, embarrassment still leaking into his voice from the way that he was reprimanded in the hallway.

"We can go now bubs, uppie?"
"Uppie!"

Karl didn't wait for another word before he jumped into Dream's open arms, wrapping his legs firmly around his waist and looping his arms around Dream's neck.

"Anddd, here we go!"

Dream started quickly walking towards the bedroom door, putting one of his arms under Karl's butt to keep him steady as he closed the bedroom door.

His hand comfortably laid against the bottom of Karl's back, only dropping when they arrived at the front door.

"Fasterrrrrrrrrr,"

Karl whined, kicking his legs so that they would be grazing next Dream's hips.

"I'm going as fast as I can bubs, you gotta be more patient!"

Dream gently scolded, clearly not being as angry as the statement sounded, bouncing Karl once in his arms as he finally opened the door.

As soon as he stepped out the door, Karl was wriggling in his arms like a fish out of water, eager to get his butt on the swings and go up and down.

"Alright alright.."

Dream murmured, letting Karl onto the floor just so that he could violently sprint to the swings, already sitting down on it happily while his soft hands were wrapped around the rough rope handles.

Dream huffed as he shook his head fondly, hands on hi ships as he walked over to where Karl was sat, fondly exasperated at Karl's excitement.

"Push me! Push me! Push me! Push-!"

Karl was cut off by the way that he saw Dream staring at him with a certain stare, it wasn't annoyed or anything negative more so positive and fond.

"Sorry Daddyyyyyyyy,"

Karl whined, voice sounding everything but sorry, dripping in giggles.

"Mhm mhm sure you are bubs..."

Dream teased, walking behind Karl and poking him on the head before he pushed him gently, lips quirking upwards as he heard the surprised gasp melt into a happy shout.

"Again! Again! Again-!"

Karl was cut off by Dream pushing him again, hair blocking his vision from time to time as he went up.

He loved this boy and he wouldn't trade him for anything

Word Count: 723