Being Alive Sucks (Dreambur)

Made on: 6th of September 2021
Published: 10th of September 2021

Suggested: GL1TCHYBXTCH

dream is a cat boy :P

Dream already hated the day as soon as he woke up.

His mouth tasted terrible and was terribly dry.

The room was too bright and too dark at the exact same time, it was too dark for him to see any noticeable features of their bedroom, but much too bright so that he could practically see ever dust particle.

The blankets felt as if they were wrapped around his neck and were slowly suffocating, and even worse his tail was being squished underneath Wilbur's body so that was an uncomfortable sensation.

And of course it just had to get worse, his hair was tangled in ways he hasn't even seen before, and the fact that he's insecure about how he looks isn't helping.

All of his favourite oversized shirts now felt as if they were making his stomach and body shape so so obvious.

And the fact that Wilbur had been busy all morning wasn't helping either, he knew that it was purely because he had been procrastinating and he would've been proud of him for doing work if it wasn't the day that he needed him the most.

But he couldn't exactly complain that much, especially when he had been throwing himself head-first into work for the entire past week. So he kept his mouth shut.

He needed to stream anyway, so there would be no time for him to be sad. Time to suck it up and deal with it..

...that should be his life's motto now that he thinks about it.

~~~

He thought that streaming would make it better, the sight of his fans, being able to play games with his friends, just being able to relax and exist with his fans.

He needs to stop being optimistic sometimes.

The stream just made things even worse, especially when Tommy had joined with Tubbo at his side.

It wasn't like he had anything against Tubbo or Tommy, he personally thinks that he's like a older brother figure to them.

But the loudness and the overexcited energy of the two was not appreciated today, he was loosely holding himself together by a string, making sure to not come off as aggressive to neither boys.

The one thing he didn't need was another controversy about himself, he could barely keep up after the speedrun controversy.

As soon as he ended his stream, the first thing he did was bang his head into his desk.

His tail instantly became rigid as his ears perked up from the sudden pain.

The feeling of the burning pain against his bruised forehead was weirdly grounding.

His headphones slipped off of his head at the pressure of the impact, the slow sensation of it slipping off of his head was enough for his nails to start clawing at the soft fabric of his sweatpants.

Tears dripped down his face as his breathing suddenly sped up, the aflame pain on his forehead subtly fading away as his senses decided to focus on his breathing and tears.

He tried to get it under control, but all he could do was make his chest spasm quicker as he tried to lift up his head.

At least he wouldn't be laying down with his face being adorned his own salty tears.

But he couldn't find the strength in himself to do so, so he just laid there, loud and horrible sobs quickly morphing into quiet and soft cries.

Hell, he didn't even have the energy to cry properly.

~~~

Wilbur hummed to himself as he was editing the captions for one of his friend's videos, fixing up some of the grammatical errors they had.

He had some soft lo-fi music playing in his headphones as he typed away at his keyboard. shaking his head to get some of his hair out of his sight.

Everything was going fine until...he heard a bang.

It certainly wasn't a loud one, or at least he thought so due to his headphones, but it was definitely noticeable.

He practically jumped out of his skin when he heard it, his fingers stopping their methodical dance on the keyboard as he gently pushed himself out of his chair and onto his feet.

Slowly, he walked out of his office and looked around in the hallway, seeing that there was no one to be found.

He sighed out in relief, and ducked his head down as he saw that their lives weren't in any danger.

He trudged down the hall to go to Dream's office, to see if he also heard the absurd noise.

But as soon as he walked up to the door, he noticed that something was wrong...

...he swore that he could hear weak gasps and quiet sobs.

His heart clenched in his chest as he heard the pathetic noises, hand shaking idly as it hovered over the doorknob.

He took a swig of air before opening the door carefully, gaze softening as well as his posture.

He saw the way that Dream was slouching tiredly against the table, hands laid flat and mindlessly on his thighs.

"Aww baby..."

Wilbur cooed, awkwardly walking over to where Dream was sitting and kneeling down next to him so that he could get a view of his face.

It was decorated with transparent trails of tears straying from his emerald eyes, a quivering lip being the cherry on top of the already depressing cake.

He would do anything to wipe off the tears and replace it with a beaming smile.

Wilbur's arm went up to Dream's head just so that he could scratch behind his ears, smiling fondly when he saw the way that his once idle tail was now swaying.

He swore that he could hear the way that Dream purred, but he wasn't sure if he was imagining it due to how soft it was.

His ears twitched against his head gently, which made Wilbur bite his bottom lip in an attempt of silencing his childish giggles.

Wilbur shushed Dream's loud mind as he carefully rubbed Dream's arm with his own calloused hand that wasn't pre-occupied with scratching.

"I think someone needs some cuddles,"

Wilbur consoled, talking as if he was speaking to an emotional toddler instead of an emotional adult.

Dream made a small 'mhm...' in response, promptly make Wilbur's head go completely blank because of the pure trust in his voice.

"Upsie daisy,"

Wilbur whispered gently into Dream's ear, tapping his finger on one of Dream's knees as a signal for him to stand up.

As soon as he did, Wilbur instantly went to put the palm of his hand flat against the underneath of Dream's thighs and lift him up, only moving when he felt Dream's legs curl around his waist, as well as his tail.

Wilbur kissed Dream's forehead tenderly, as if he was made out of glass as he climbed onto the bed, cradling Dream as if he was a baby kitty again.

Being alive sucked...

...but being alive with Wilbur didn't suck as much

Word Count: 1188