In the Feels (PLATONIC Tommy + Ranboo)

Made on: 30th of December 2021
Published: 9th of January 2022

Suggested: alienluver123 

this chapter has age regression <3

Tommy laughed harshly as Wilbur made another stupid joke about Quackity, a light layer of tears adorning his eyes as he leaned back in his chair, both of his hands coming to cover his face as he leaned back in his chair.

As he opened his eyes, his gaze instantly found itself staring at chat. It was a reflex at this point, make a joke, laugh, and then check chat to make sure everything was running smoothly and nothing was out of place.

But this time, there was something so much different about how Chat acted. Usually, they would be laughing with Tommy but ..this time they seemed to be laughing at him .

He could feel his stomach and his heart trade places as he turned his head back to the screen, trying desperately to up keep the lighthearted and ultimately funny persona that he wore flawlessly, but he could feel himself slipping through the cracks.

The stream ended not too long after, especially since Tommy could actually hear the way that his voice was cracking and how his eyes started to water.

He knows that the clip is gonna be passed around on Twitter but he couldn't bring himself to care as he took off his headset and simply threw himself onto his bed, stuffing his face into the pillow as he sobbed.

His jeans itched uncomfortably at his skin, the fact that he was also wearing his iconic Tommyinnit shirt also contributed to his negative feelings.

He didn't want to really admit it, but he associated the shirt with work and stress and now with chat making fun of him that was another thing to associate the shirt with.

He wanted something more comfy, maybe he could try to put on one of Wilbur's shirts that he had stolen from his house, he could never say it out loud but he hugged it whenever he felt sad (it just made him feel better).

The plan was thrown out the window as soon as it was crafted, especially with the fact that Tommy had sunk right into his familiar headspace.

His legs kicked from where he was laying down as he sulked in his temper tantrum, clawing at the pillow as he tried to shuffle off the jeans, momentarily forgetting that there was a button that he had to undo.

----

About ten minutes past before his sulking was interrupted by a familiar ping from his phone, a sign that he had gotten a message from someone.

He groaned as he felt a slight pain in his neck shoot up and down his spine, maybe he shouldn't have put his neck in that weird position.

His fingers wrapped around the phone and tugged it to his face, burning eyes being blinded by the light as the phone turned on.

u ok? i saw the vid of you on twit and you looked sad :(

It was sent by Ranboo, curse him for being so sweet and thoughtful. He pouted as he tried to decide on whether or not to expose the fact that he was little.

Besides it wouldn't really do much if he decided against it anyway, they both lived in the same house and Ranboo would probably be walking over to his room right now if he saw the fact that he was online right now and wasn't replying to his messages.

i fine big man

nothing to wory about

Welp he totally just screwed himself over with the spelling of the words.

aww you small toms?
imma come to your room rn

Yep, he definitely just screwed himself over.

He almost didn't want Ranboo to come over to his room and see his puffy eyes and completely messed up hair and cheeks, but he couldn't necessarily tell Ranboo to go away or else there would obviously be another problem that he would have to face the consequences of later.

"Toms! I'm hereeee,"

Ranboo knocked before he burst through the air, bubbling with enthusiasm and happiness, both hands doing a bit of a jazz movement.

He instantly put his hands to the side as he saw the way that Tommy was blankly staring at him, devoid of any sort of actual emotion.

"What's wrong Toms?"

Ranboo asked the question as he walked up to where Tommy was lying down, feeling his heart crack a bit as he saw the way that Tommy's lip quivered slightly, eyes watering.

Ranboo cupped his face and wiped a stray tear that was sliding down, wiping the remains of it on his own shirt.

"Wanna talk about it?"

Ranboo talked slowly, as if he was consoling a stressed out animal who didn't understand a single thing he was saying.

He ended the sentence and let it hang in the air for a bit, watching as Tommy seemed to try and prepare himself to answer.

"Chat was...was being real' mean to me.. so got sad,"

Tommy babbled, trying not to slur too much as he tried not to slip into babyspace, Ranboo didn't need to deal with an emotional Tommy, especially a very very young one.

"Aww Toms...how about Toms and Papa go and get some juice and your paci?"

Welp, the 'not slipping into babyspace' plan was ruined just as it was drawn and proposed, but he couldn't particularly say that he hated having the plan scrapped and pushed to the side.

"Don' know.. gonna be too much work,"

Words tumbled out of his mouth as if they were rolling down a hill, just barely holding onto each other for stability, his bottom lip pushed out as he tried to understand his own sentence, overwhelmed with the way that Ranboo had furrowed his eyebrows together for a moment before fully processing what Tommy had said.

"It's not gonna be too much work for Dada,"

Ranboo put their foreheads together as they linked their hands together, jumping back a bit before wrapping his arms tightly around Tommy as he felt him spring forward for a hug, Tommy's arms being snaked around Ranboo's neck.

His shirt soon became damp with Tommy's tears, but he couldn't feel any sort of annoyance to his boy, especially when he was so obviously in babyspace.

"Come here, up up."

Ranboo patted Tommy's head gently as he lifted him and placed him flat on his lap, scooting back a little so that while his own back was being comforted by the cool wall, Tommy would be comfy with using Ranboo's chest as a pillow.

"Take all the time you need Toms, 'm always gonna be here for you."

He rested his cheek on top of Tommy's hair as he simply rocked the boy back and forth gently, humming a tune he couldn't quite place. Maybe he had made it up, or maybe he stole it from a song that was nothing but a past memory.

Sniffles and gasps were prominent sounds as Tommy and Ranboo worked together to finally get Tommy's whirling emotions under control, constantly being tricked with the way that Tommy seemed to finally be put back together until he tried talking.. and then he started crying again.

But Ranboo was patient nevertheless, he's never personally had a breakdown this extreme before but he knows that showing annoyance wouldn't fix anything.

"Feeling better?"

Ranboo tested the water as he let his words sink into Tommy's mind like a pebble sinking into a pond, delighted with the way he began to hear small mutters.

" 'm good but now sleepy,"

Tommy giggled, a subtle way of saying; 'we're not gonna be able to get juice and the paci'.

"Aww, big boy emotions got you sleepy huh? Well that's fine with me, lemme go get your blankie bubs."

Word Count: 1312

mlem