Ghost Face x Reader

I held my hands out by the campfire in an attempt to warm myself up from the frigid fog. The smell of smoke and stale blood wafted through the night air in a putrid retch of a scent. All was still around as other survivors rested from their traumatic trials while others were still in them. I inched closer to the fire, and let out a huff. The heat of the flames made my shins itch and then bleed when I'd scratch at them. I backed away from the campfire and rubbed at my cheeks that were also beginning to burn.

My skin suddenly crawled and the hairs on the back of my neck stood tall. A chilled shiver struck my spine and I slowly looked around the campfire. Survivors huddled around the flames with small chatter amongst themselves. My eyes scanned the forest around us until they stopped at a certain ghostly pale mask.

The Ghost Face.

My eyes widened. There the killer stood with the trees, watching us survivors. What was he doing here? The Ghost Face didn't have a realm of his own, so was he always here watching? Survivors came and went, many were gone now though. Off to trials that they were used to. As the crowd shrunk, a wave of anxiety hit me. If all the others were going into trials, that meant that I would soon be too. The Ghost Face lifted a camera up to his eye level and snapped a photo of us sitting by the campfire, me staring right into the lens.

The man turned away and trudged back into the woods. I abruptly stood, and went after him. Before I knew it, the Ghost Face had vanished. I moved quickly through the fog in an effort to spot him. I didn't know why I wanted to find him so bad. I looked around the quiet dark woods wildly.

He was just gone.

Just as I was about to turn around to walk back to the fire, I spotted something on the ground.

"Oh?" I murmured quietly before bending down to pick it up.

It was his camera.

I gently cradled it in my hands, brushing some dirt off of it with my thumb. I examined it, hovering my fingertips over the buttons like I knew how to use it. I didn't though, it was an old camera from the nineties or something. The Ghost Face may have disappeared, but not without a trace.

"How careless?" I giggled to myself.

Four trials later, I found myself back at the campfire. I had the camera with me the whole time. I hadn't shown anybody it or really looked at it until now. I sat on a log and turned the old camera around in my hands. I wondered if the Ghost Face missed it at all. Probably. Speaking of the devil, I looked up from the camera in my lap to spot the notorious Ghost Face hidden within the trees once again. I stood from the log without hesitation and walked passed the fire.

"Excuse me, sorry." I pushed through some survivors talking in a crowd to get to the forest that surrounded us.

The Ghost Face locked eyes with me as I got closer and closer to him in the darkness. Before I knew it, I was just mere metres away from the man. We stared at each other in the dark woods, neither of us making a sound or any sudden movements. I couldn't take the suffocating silence and even worse, the awkwardness of it all so I suddenly broke it with a clear of my throat. The Ghost Face tilted his head.

"Uh, I'm sorry. I just, uh... I saw you earlier and um... you dropped your camera." I pulled the old camera out and held it up to the Ghost Face. The killer's head rose from its tilted position. "I just wanted to give it back to you. That's all... sorry." I inched closer to the Ghost Face hesitantly and gave him the camera. The man slowly reached out and took it from my grasp. "Sorry, I'll go now." I apologised again and turned around to head back to the campfire. I jolted up in surprise when I felt his gloved hand grip my wrist hard. "Ah!" I whipped my head around to look at the ghostly mask. The Ghost Face seemed to examine my face as he held my wrist tighter and tighter. "I'm sorry. I was just trying to be nice." I blurted.

I didn't dare yank away from his grasp as I stared at him wide eyed. After a few more seconds of deadly eye contact, the Ghost Face loosened his grip on my wrist and let out a raspy chuckle.

"Wha?" I said dumbly.

"What's your name?" Asked the Ghost Face in a deep voice.

I told him my name.

"Danny Johnson." I could hear the grin in his tone as he too introduced himself.

Macmillan Estate, a few days later

"Danny." I simply stated more than anything.

There he stood a few feet away from me in a trial. I stood next to the generator that was pumping with life that I had just fixed when he found me. Danny replied with my own name.

"How you been?" I asked awkwardly.

Danny's shoulders shook slightly as he let out a laugh, causing me to blush in embarrassment.

"I've been better now that I've got my camera back." Said Danny.

He pulled said camera out from behind him and showed me.

"You're welcome." I blushed deeper and stared down at my shoes.

I heard Danny chuckle again as I kept my head down. My heart pounded in my chest when my shoes were met with a pair of boots. I glanced back up sheepishly to lock eyes with a ghostly mask.

"Hello." I squeaked.

"Hello." Danny grinned behind the mask.

"So, uh... are you gonna hurt me?" I mumbled shyly.

Danny's gloved hand met my cheek and stroked it softly. My eyes widened as I stared at his masked face stiffly. The Ghost Face's overpoweringly pungent scent was all I could focus on as he brushed strands of hair from my face.

"Are you pretty under that little mask?" I tilted my head slightly against his hand.

Danny laughed again. "Beautiful."

"Why, thank you. But I'm sure you're beautiful too." I joked, gaining confidence.

Danny nearly threw his head back in laughter at my remark.

"That's not what I meant."

"I know. It was a joke. I was being funny. I'm very good at it." I replied, deadpanned.

"You are funny." Danny tucked some hair behind my ear.

"That's what girls tell boys when they wanna fuck them." I joked again.

Danny leaned in closer until his mask was just a white blur in my vision. "Guess I'm like one of those girls then." His voice was raspy and warm against my ear.

A shiver of delight struck me and I let out a laugh myself. "Mmm, Danny. Buy me dinner first." I moaned playfully.

Danny's arms suddenly snaked around my waist and hugged tight. A soft groan left him as our bodies were pressed flush together.

"Where am I gonna buy you dinner here?" Asked Danny, referring to the Entity's realm.

"You're right. How about you just kiss me instead then? That might get you some." I flirted.

I heard the Ghost Face's knife drop to the ground forgotten. He yanked his mask off his face and stared at me with his true dark eyes. I smiled softly at the pale man before me. Danny grinned evilly before smashing his lips onto mine. I squeaked into the kiss and closed my eyes in bliss. Danny broke the kiss with a needy grunt.

"Not so shy now, are we?"

Want more Ghost Face? :) Check out my fanfic: How The Angel Fell: Ghost Face x Reader (DBD)