Doctor x Fem!Depressed!Reader (smut) 2

I sat on an old hospital bed, eyes trained on my lap. I held my arm out for the man that sat next to me. Herman Carter carefully wrapped a bandage around my wrist. Blood was quick to seep through the fabric, my fresh cut stinging. I didn't dare say a word. Herman was quiet too. His glowing eyes that had been pried open were fixated on my bloody wrist. The long cut I inflicted was deep and gushing. He made sure the bandage was wrapped around my skinny arm extra tight.

"Give me your other arm." Herman ordered.

I almost jumped at his booming voice. The abandoned halls of the hospital had been dead silent for so long. It was quite a surprise when he interrupted it. Still, I didn't. I simply held out my other wrist for the man. This one was just as worse as the other. I had dragged a jagged shard of glass deep along both wrists, hoping for the worst. Herman found me in a backroom, laying on my side with the blood dripping down.

The Doctor was furious. He yanked me up by one of my wrists, making me cry out in pain. He dragged me towards a bed and forced me to sit down. That was where we were now. He hadn't said anything for so long. I was honestly petrified. Back in high school, he made me promise him that I'd never hurt myself ever again. Then when I arrived in the Entity's realm, he asked me the same thing. I genuinely believed that I would never harm myself. But I guessed things changed.

The worst part was, this wasn't the first time I started doing this again. Everyday this week, I had an attempt. I didn't know what, but there was just something about me. Something strong. Which was ironic, since I was so deathly skinny. I just couldn't seem to die. It was always like this. Yesterday, I attempted with a noose. Herman of course found me. He yelled at me, but I could tell he just wanted to cry. My neck burned and ached from the thick rope I had flush around it. The Doctor had dressed the wound with another bandage. And now here just a day later, he was doing the same with my wrists.

I lifted my head and watched Herman wrap the gauze around and around my bloody flesh. He looked so focused and deep in thought, I didn't think he even realised that there was still a person sitting next to him. The bandage had gone around my thin arm as much as it could. Now Herman tied the excess up into a double knot.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

The Doctor didn't reply. He took his big hands off my wrist and set them in his lap. I recoiled my arm and did the same. I glanced down at my wrists, white bandages wrapped snug around the two. I lifted a hand up to my sore neck, feeling the rough gauze that was around it as well. I cringed, pulling my sleeves down over the bandages shamefully.

"Herman," I croaked out.

His eyes snapped up to look at me. His glowing irises twitched slightly at the sight of my scarred features. I lifted my hand up weakly, stroking his cheek.

"I'm sorry." I repeated.

"No, you're not." Herman whispered back, shaking his head.

"I am. I'm so sorry." I persisted.

"You wouldn't of did it again if you were sorry." He snapped.

I bit my lip. I didn't know what to say after that. I ran my thumb along his cheek.

"I know, but this time I really am. I promise I won't again. I promise." I said.

Herman shook his head sadly before trying to act stern. "I forbid you from doing that again. If you do that again, I will punish you." He warned.

My eyes widened and I almost jolted up again.

"Punish me?" I squeaked.

"Yes." Herman replied.