Hillbilly x Fem!Teen!Reader

Somewhere in Japan

I couldn't remember why I was so angry with her. There Aki Tanaka sat in all her beauty. She tucked a strand of long black hair behind her ear as she focused on scribbling down her notes. She always sat in front of me in class, always in front and two seats to the right. Her favoured seat and mine gave me the perfect shot of her pretty features from the side. As I came to think of it, that was probably why I was so angry with her. She was just so pretty, prettier than me. Normally that wouldn't bother me too much, but he was involved.

His name was Yamato Imai.

Yamato was the most handsome boy I had ever seen, I thought. Oh, his short black hair and curtain bangs that shielded his honey brown eyes... why wouldn't he just notice me?

I twirled my pencil around on my desk, watching anxiously as Yamato stared at Aki. She smiled softly as she doodled a little kawaii cat on her pink paged notebook. Yamato's dark eyes seemed to lighten at that, giving her his most loving gaze. I tapped my foot impatiently, desperately trying to block them out and listen to sensei but to no avail. Aki finally looked up from her work, locking eyes with Yamato. They both froze for a moment before two cheesy smiles crept on the both of their faces at the same time. I felt like I was prickly all over. My heart pounded hard in my chest, making the cold sweat against it ripple. I gripped my pencil tightly in my palm but not enough to snap it. No... no, I would've preferred to save my energy to snap Aki's neck instead.

I remembered storming down the halls with my backpack slung over my shoulder. I was glaring daggers into the back of Aki's head as she strutted down the corridor with her three annoying friends. Everyone else was gathering their things from their lockers and heading to the cafeteria for lunch. As the halls cleared, Aki, her three girlfriends and I were the only ones left. I expected them to file into the cafeteria too, but instead they made their way into the bathroom. I glanced at the door of the cafeteria, then the door to the girl's bathroom, then the cafeteria again. I slowly walked past the it, and made my way over to the bathroom.

I had a feeling that I was gonna be skipping lunch today. This was gonna take a while and a lot of my energy.

That was okay. All I probably had in my lunchbox was a sandwich my father made for me this morning. Unlike my Japanese mother, my father was an American. Here in a Japanese high school like this one I went to, it was more than the norm to have a skilfully made obento box or a nice sushi roll for lunch. Anything else, and you were a bit of a loser. You wouldn't believe the looks on other students' faces when I would open my lunchbox and for there to be a sandwich or juice box. God blessed my father's heart, he was trying.

I would often tell him, 'dad, I'm sixteen now. You don't need to pack my lunch. It's fine.' Truth was that I didn't want to have to eat my 'American looking' lunch sitting on the toilet alone.

But anyway, that was a tale for another day. I had more important business to attend to.

I could already here the four girls' girly giggles from outside the bathroom door. I creaked it open with my arm, slipping inside. The girls were at the mirror, applying makeup and gossiping in Japanese. Talking about how much Yamato clearly liked Aki... they turned briefly to look at me. I gave them all a polite smile though my blood was boiling, and I strode over to the sink to wash my hands. The three of the girls stopped doing their makeup and went into seperate bathroom stalls, leaving me alone with Aki.

Perfect.

As Aki began to apply some glittery pink lipgloss, I cleared my throat casually and wiped my hands dry. I dumped my backpack onto the bathroom floor and shoved my hand in, fumbling around until my slim fingers wrapped around a cold handle. Aki didn't bother to acknowledge me, fixing her perfect black hair in the mirror. I gripped the handle of the object I had in my palm hard before pulling it out of my backpack.