Trickster x Fem!Reader

A pained cry left my lips as I limped through Lampkin Lane. All my friends were dead. Panic and dread fuelled me. I scurried over to a generator, grunting in pain as I crouched in front of it. Knife wounds littered the entirety of my back. I tried to ignore the stinging pain and just focus on repairing the generator. But the hot blood oozing down my spine was driving me crazy. It was that stupid Trickster guy's fault... he was deadlier than he looked. I was fretting, fumbling with wires and gears. There were two generators left and I was running out of time.

I could feel a panic attack coming on. I breathed hard and frantically worked on the generator. It hadn't blown up in my face yet, so that was a good sign. My back was burning. The deep wounds gushed with blood, making me feel woozy. Tears welled in my eyes and spilled down my cheeks. My vision blurred but I didn't give up on the repair. I just had to distract myself for a little while. From the pain, from the Trickster. I tried to think about other things. Like nice things, like flowers. Not here, anywhere but here. I was losing a lot of blood.

God, think! Think of something to distract yourself!

I opened my mouth and shakily began to sing a small tune. My hush voice bellowed out the words to some song quietly in the dark. Tears trickled down as I sung while my hands were at work. It was working! I continued on with the song, getting louder and more confident as it progressed. As I sung to myself while repairing, I failed to notice the man creeping up behind me. My eyes lit up with hope when the generator boomed with life. I stopped singing and rose to my feet, hissing at the pain.

I whipped around to see the Trickster up ahead, grinning wildly. I screamed shrilly and took off running down the road. I didn't get very far. My deep wounds caused me to limp and slow down. The Trickster chased after me and threw yet another blade at my back. A shriek of agony left me. It was all too much, and I fell onto the road. I rolled over and openly wept as I realised it was all hopeless. A puddle of blood pooled around my body as I writhed in pain. I could hear the Trickster's boots click along the tar. I was filled with terror when he began to hum the same song I was singing like some sort of sick taunt.

The Trickster stood over me with my waist between his legs, his freaky yellow eyes boring down into me. He was full on singing now, his voice enchantingly melodic. I almost mistook him for an angel, singing to me before I died. In a dark way, that was exactly what he was.

"Your voice is beautiful. Not as good as mine though." The Trickster snickered.

I didn't answer and simply wallowed in my own self pity. The man squatted down over my body so we were face to face.

"Sing for me." He crooned.

I whimpered to myself, staring up at him with an uneasiness brewing in my belly. I yet again didn't say anything.

"Sing for me." He repeated sternly.

I trembled under the Trickster. Tears leaked from my eyes and mixed with my blood. He got right in my face, giving me an insane look. I flinched and squealed when he threatened me with a colourful knife.

"Did you not hear me? Sing. For. Me."

My bottom lip shook as I hesitantly started to sing the same song from before. Though the circumstances I were in weren't great, I sounded pretty okay. A blissful smile met the Trickster's face as he closed his yellow eyes to seemingly bask in my voice.

"Ahh, yes. Your voice is just lovely." He chuckled.

I continued to sing softly, trying to drown everything out again. But now I knew that I could never sing this song again without getting reminded of this. I stopped singing for a moment to beg for my life.

"Please... please just let me go." I squeaked.

The Trickster beamed crazily down at me. He thrusted the knife towards my neck, digging it into the flesh. I cried out and cowered, awaiting my death. He gazed down at me for a long time before doing anything else. Something in this killer hesitated. He lowered the knife away from my throat, tucking it into his yellow coat. His body deflated onto mine with a big sigh. The Trickster gave me a sad smile before bringing a hand down to stroke my cheek. I yelped and flinched, recoiling at the bloody hand on my face.

"Okay." He said gently.

"What...?" I brooded.

"I'll let you go, but I'll be back for you." The Trickster warned playfully.

He pulled himself off of me and dusted off his coat. He held out a hand, giving me an eerily friendly smile. I carefully held out my own hand that shook wildly with pain and fear. He gave it a firm squeeze, yanking me up to my feet. I hissed at his roughness, my back stinging and still very much bleeding.

The Trickster seemed to pay my injury no mind. I could very well tell he was completely deranged. He looked at me with a fantasyland love like nothing was wrong at all. He grabbed at my wrist with the same rough grip and tugged me along with him like a child and his teddy bear. I didn't dare ask what he was doing. He was clearly a very unstable individual.

We walked through the lonesome street of Lampkin Lane together. My teary eyes welled up with hope when I noticed he was leading me over to what looked like the hatch. So he really was letting me go... the Trickster sighed again and turned to face me with a sullen expression.

"Go on, songbird. Be free."

My next trial with the Trickster came quicker than expected. I was creeping around the boat in Backwater Swamp up until I was slammed into a wall violently. My shrill scream was cut off by a bloody hand over my mouth.

"Songbird."

My shoulders slackened and I relaxed, but hardly. I was yet again met with those glowing yellow eyes the Trickster possessed. He gripped my shoulders so tight, his nails dug into the skin. He looked me over, as if checking for injuries. Where was he with that last time? Suddenly he pulled out a set of his blades, holding them between his fingers in front of my face. I gasped and watched on in horror of what he was going to do me.

"I'm not gonna hurt you this time, songbird." The Trickster laughed.

"Oh...?" I peeped.

He cupped my face in his hand, gazing into my eyes with a wicked grin.

"No." He uttered.

The Trickster closed his bright eyes like shutting off high beam headlights. I completely tensed up when I felt his soft lips press against mine tenderly. I sucked in a breath and gripped the wall behind me with my fingers. He put his knives away, but I was still frightened of what he would do. So I kissed back. My own eyes fluttered shut and I hesitantly snaked my arms around his neck. The Trickster gripped my waist and pushed himself against me, squashing my body between him and the wall.

The kiss was hot and impatiently needy. I thought he had been pent up for a while. When the killer broke the kiss, we both panted hard. Another chuckle left his lips as he rested his forehead against mine.

"Now," the Trickster breathed.

"Sing for me."