Mastermind x Reader

I found myself in the basement of Raccoon City Police Station one rainy trial. I crouched down by a chest, rummaging through it in hopes of finding something useful. I perked up when I spotted a vaccine sitting at the bottom of the chest. I snatched it up and quickly tucked it away, rising to my feet. As I turned away from the chest, I was met with Claudette Morel. The fellow survivor staggered down the stairs of the basement, limping towards me. She groaned out in pain and clutched her arm that was gushing with hot blood.

"Shit, you alright?" I asked urgently.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Claudette gasped as blood trickled down her hand.

"Here, I'll help."

The girl hunched over, where I could see big gashes that had sliced through her shirt. I quickly got to work, healing her to the best of my ability. Once I patched up her back and arm, I topped her off with the vaccine I had just found.

"Thank you." Claudette expressed.

"No worries." I smiled sadly.

We both froze in fear when we could hear the faint thumping of our own heartbeats. It meant the Mastermind was near. He was the man that did this to poor Claudette in the first place. In a fit of panic, I practically threw myself at one of the lockers that lined the basement wall. I ripped the doors open and closed them on myself in haste.

"I tire of wasting my time with you." I heard the Mastermind say to Claudette.

I smacked a hand over my mouth as I stared wide eyed through the slits of the locker. The Mastermind stood at the bottom of the stairs, Uroboros oozing out from under his sleeve. Claudette slowly stepped away until she was backed up against the locker I was in. The Mastermind started towards her, readying his inky tentacles to infect her with Uroboros (again).

"I'll kill you quickly."

Just as he was about to strike, Claudette tore the doors open of my locker. A shrill gasp left my mouth as I was left out in the open with the pair.

"Claudette!" I screeched in disbelief.

The Mastermind's glowing eyes snapped to me from behind his sunglasses, glaring into my soul. As he was distracted with my surprising 'entrance', Claudette made a run for the stairs. The Mastermind approached where I stood in the locker, with an unreadable expression on his face. I pressed my back as hard as I could against the locker's wall, screwing my eyes shut and waiting for the 'inevitable', as he would've put it. How could Claudette betray me like this? After healing her, after injecting her with the only vaccine I had?

I blubbered out small whimpers as I kept my eyes shut tight. I trembled in terror, holding back tears as I waited for the Mastermind to take me away. It wouldn't be hard, we were already in the basement. The hooks were right behind him. Hey, at least it would've been semi quick for me, right? After a few rather long moments of nothing, I fearfully cracked my eyes open to see what the holdup was.

He was gone.

A look of shock washed over my face, my hands I had balled up by chest now fell to my sides. I slowly stepped out of the locker, looking around the basement frantically. Where did he go?

"What the hell?" I muttered.

Claudette's scream ripped through the fog. I started importantly for the stairs, running up them with a million thoughts going through my head. I ran through the massive police station, chasing after Claudette's yells of pain. I ended up in the main grand foyer of the station, quickly spotting the Mastermind just up the stairs with the girl over his shoulder. My shoes squeaked under the stone floors as I made over to yet another staircase.

I stood at the bottom of it, my confidence soon faltering. I watched in horror as the Mastermind slammed Claudette onto a hook, her screaming bloody murder.

"I'm just getting started!" He exclaimed.

I froze in fear, not moving a muscle from where I stood at the bottom of the stairs. The Mastermind turned away from the hook and walked over to said stairs. A look of delight met his face as he stood at the top like I did at the bottom, staring right at me through tinted glasses.

"Well, hello there, my dear!" The Mastermind greeted.

He swaggered on down to the middle of the stairs, lips peeling back into a dangerous smile. I felt like a deer in headlights, not being able to move an inch as he approached. I could hear Claudette's whimpers of pain as she struggled to free herself from the hook.

"Did you actually think I'd let her get away with that? Giving away your hiding spot? That wouldn't be very fair, now would it?" The Mastermind grinned.

Claudette continued to cry out, the Entity's claws soon coming down onto her. The Mastermind turned his head to look at her in disgust, before turning back to me with a much more pleasant gaze. I stood stiff as a board. My eyes were like saucers staring up at him. As the Mastermind stepped down to the last few stairs, I finally managed to back away a little. Alas, I froze up again when he stood right in front of me. He didn't move to hurt me or anything, which confused me greatly.

"Albert Wesker." 'Albert' introduced himself.

He extended his hand out, the one that didn't have the Uroboros tentacles. I shakily lifted my own hand, glad he couldn't tell how gross and sweaty it was because of his gloves. My lips wobbled as I stuttered out my name in a trembling tone.

"Ah, lovely name. Pleasure to meet you, my dear." Albert smiled.

His hand remained wrapped around mine in a firm shake. My brain could hardly comprehend what was happening from how puzzled I was. What the hell was going on?

"I'm confused." I blurted out.

Albert's broad shoulders shook as he let out a lilted chuckle. My big eyes welled up with a fearful uncertainty, in which he basked in.

"What's there to be confused about?" He asked in amusement.

"Why did you spare me back there? What happened?" I squeaked.

"Killing your poor excuse of a friend was much more pleasurable than your death would've ever been." Albert said coldly.

We stood just inches apart. I could feel his catlike eyes analysing everything about my features.

"Are you still gonna kill me?" I asked.

Albert chuckled, taking his sunglasses off. I stifled a gasp as I got a good glimpse of his glowing red eyes. He brought a gloved hand up to stroke my hair. I tensed up a little, but let him do so nonetheless.

"No, my darling." Albert sighed with a smile. "I didn't spare you just because I wanted to get revenge on your stupid little friend." He leaned in so closely, I could feel his warm breath against my lips. "I also did so because I think that you're absolutely delicious." Albert purred.

"What?" I gaped. Albert suddenly snatched me by the waist, pulling me flush against his chest. "Ah!" I squealed.

He pulled me into a rather suave kiss, pressing firmly against my lips like I'd run away at any moment. I honestly thought I would do so too. But instead, I completely melted into the kiss.

"Mmm..." I moaned, wrapping my arms around his neck.

It was kind of nice. I had been running and hiding and sneaking around on trials for so long. Albert actually helped me realise that all I really needed was a break. Perhaps I was a bit touch starved as well, having fallen like putty in his hands. I almost whined when he pulled away for a breather. I frowned a little bit, hugging his neck tighter.

"Try not to get ahead of yourself, darling." Albert smirked. He leaned in again to place a tender kiss to the side of my mouth, gazing at me flirtatiously with his red eyes. "For seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you."

With that being said, Albert pulled me into yet another greedy kiss.