Hillbilly x Fem!Teen!Reader 2

I shakily rose to my feet from the small bed in the back of the ambulance. It was the abandoned one here at Badham Preschool. I often came to it to seek comfort from the terrifying beings in the outside realm. Even though technically, I was one of them also. I still had made friends with some. Freddy, Max... but then there were the more... malevolent ones.

Like Evan Macmillan.

He was one of the reasons I had been cooped up here in this ambulance for so many weeks. He came back to Badham every night looking for me. Sometimes Freddy was here to fend him off, sometimes he wasn't.

And that was terrifying for me.

I was no saint, far from it. But I didn't think that I deserved the horrible things that Evan had done to me. He just wouldn't leave me alone and I didn't know what to do anymore. But I guessed that didn't matter at the moment. For I had bigger problems. My knees wobbled and buckled as I tried to regain my balance. Hot tears streamed down my cheeks like a waterfall as blood gushed from between my thighs.

I lost it. I lost the baby.

Thick clotted blood rolled down from under my skirt and my slim legs. A drop hit the floor, then another, and another.

Tap, tap, tap.

I felt like I was watching the scene from the other side of the ambulance. Tiny red dots of blood splattered under me. The blood ran quicker as I watched on in terror.

Tap, tap, tap. Tap, tap, tap!

It gushed and oozed from the womb. It fell harder and heavier in a big red heap. My legs collapsed and I was now sitting in it. That was when the pain hit. I clenched my stomach as a laboured groan left my lips.

"Freddy!" I cried. "Help!"

I bowed my head, trembling and crying in a warm puddle of blood. I damned it all when I realised Freddy was still out somewhere on trial. I gritted my teeth and screwed my eyes shut. The pain worsened. My nails dug into my belly as another guttural groan emitted from my throat. Through the agony, I could hear heavy footsteps from outside the ambulance. My head whipped back up. Tears continued to stream down my pained face. The footsteps were quickly approaching the vehicle.

"No..." I whimpered. "No, no, no."

It definitely wasn't Freddy. There was only one other killer that roamed this realm other than him. A killer that came here looking for me every single night.

It had to be Evan.

"No, no, no." I whispered.

I clutched the sides of my head and began to rock myself back and forth softly. My tears splattered to the floor much like my blood.

Tap, tap, tap.

He was here! He was here to hurt me again! He already did this to me. What more did he want?

He wanted my love.

The ambulance doors ripped open and I let out a horrible scream. I shielded my teary face with my skinny arms and trembled on the floor. I could feel the cold shadow of a massive man loom over me. He breathed heavily—wait... his voice sounded deep and crooked. Not like Evan's... more like...

"Max...?"

I looked up from my arms to see Max standing over me anxiously. He moved frantically to kneel down next to me. I sobbed loudly and hysterically.

"Oh, Max." I breathed heavily. "I'm hurt. I'm really, really hurt." My chest heaved as I began to panic.

Max didn't hesitate to wrap his strong arms around me. They snaked around my small waist and pulled me into his lap. My blood smeared everywhere and onto everything. My uniform and legs were caked in it. It continued to gush from under my skirt, soaking the floor into a deep crimson. Max didn't seem to mind as it seeped through the crotch of his pants, but I did. I held my face in my hands as I wailed in sheer agony. The older boy held me closer, pushing my head into his chest. He held onto me with no effort whatsoever. I weighed nothing to him, but I at least knew I something to him.

Max told me things that only he could understand. His deep voice was incomprehensible though I knew he was trying to comfort me. Slowly but surely, it worked. I relaxed against his chest as the pain simmered down. We still sat in a slick and wet puddle that repulsed me. The blood clung to my skin like a leech and wouldn't seem to go away. It never went away here.

"Max?" I said barely above a whisper. Max grunted in acknowledgment. "I need to tell you something... about what's happening. About... Evan."

Freddy was more than surprised to find Max and I when he came back from his trial. He calmly sprung into action and helped mend me in any way that was possible. It was a tricky case I had though and he was far from experienced with the field. I didn't really know what to do either. There was no hospital here—well, there was... but there wasn't one that was exactly in service. Though I was in dire need of one.

Like anything, I powered on. Freddy gave me bandages to wrap between my legs. It wasn't ideal—in fact, nothing was ideal about this entire situation... but I made do. I already had wounds wrapped up on my wrists and ankle anyway. What was one more, right...? Right?

For me, this was the calm after the storm. As for Max, far from it. After telling him about what had been bothering me since I arrived here, his blood was boiling. I had told him in the past all about it but this was the icing on the cake. He was seething with anger and was having a hard time hiding it. Lucky for him, it was soon to be unleashed.

The three of us sat in the doorway of the ambulance. I sat in the middle of the two men and leaned my head on Max's shoulder. The chilly breeze flowed through my hair as I closed my eyes in silent bliss. Lord knew that I needed some fresh air. Max's chainsaw and sledgehammer laid on the pavement in front of us. We simply sat in a comfortable silence for a while. I supposed Freddy and Max had a lot of thinking to do. This was something very new and unwanted to them. Hell, for me too. Crusted blood still caked me and the Hillbilly's skin crudely.

Our peace was cut short when another set of heavy footsteps echoed against the pavement. I lifted my head off Max's shoulder and glanced at the two men nervously. The footsteps quickened and grew more frantic, as if they were looking for something. Or someone.

Or me.

"Evan." I whispered fearfully.

Max and Freddy leaped off the ambulance importantly. Max practically threw himself at his chainsaw and hammer. He didn't hesitate to rev the saw loudly. This roused the nearby Evan's attention, and he quickly approached. Freddy readied his bladed glove and awaited the Hillbilly's next move.

The Trapper stood in the foggy realm of Badham. I didn't want to deal with any of it. I was tired and sore and so angry. I stood from the doorway and slammed the ambulance doors shut. I was engulfed by a cold darkness as the walls closed in. I could hear Max's chainsaw rev again from outside. I turned and made my way to the makeshift bed. I didn't dare let myself think about what was happening outside and laid back down. I stared at the wall for a few moments before fluttering my eyes shut.

Max took care of it for me. It made me love him even more and I didn't even know that was possible. He was my protector. He sawed away every problem that came my way and wouldn't rest until he knew I was safe. He now laid on the bed in the back of the ambulance, his long legs hanging off the end. I myself laid on top of him. I rested peacefully against Max's heartbeat that he cradled my head against. The metallic stench of blood was all around us in the small dark room. Some of it was old and stale, while some from Max was... new and still warm. All for me though.

"Thank you, Max. You're my hero. I love you."

A smile met my face for the first time in weeks.