Mastermind x Male!Tween!Reader

"Not now, kid. We're busy. Just try not to mess anything up."

Nea Karlsson waved me off dismissively and went back to repairing the generator. Élodie Rakoto gave me an apologetic glance from where she too crouched in front of it. She didn't give me much sympathy, quickly going back to repair old gears and wires within the generator. My shoulders slumped and I stared glumly at my shoes.

"Okay." I frowned.

I turned on my heel and walked out of the asylum without another word. Nea and Élodie disregarded me, only focused on saving themselves. Yun-Jin Lee did the same, actively avoiding me throughout the trial so I wouldn't get in her way. These girls weren't the first to do so when it came to me. I was the youngest survivor by a landslide. At first the others were highly concerned for me because of this. But over time, I only became an inconvenience for them. I was never exactly taught what to do while on trial. Most of the time, the grownups would exclude me and work together to survive.

As dead leaves crunched under my feet, Yun-Jin's pained scream pierced through the fog. My stomach sunk and I froze on the spot. The killer found her, and they were close. As panic washed over me, I turned around and swiftly ran back to the asylum. I bursted through the doors, catching the attention of an annoyed Nea and Élodie.

"What is it now? I said we're busy!" Nea snapped.

"Yun-Jin—the killer...! She's—!" I sputtered breathlessly.

I yelled out in surprise when I heard hurried footsteps trudging towards me. I whipped around wide eyed, only to be met with an injured Yun-Jin. I was slightly relived to see she was still alive. She clutched a bloody arm and limped into the abandoned asylum alongside us.

"She's fine." Nea grumbled at me.

Élodie stood from the generator and shuffled towards Yun-Jin to help her. Nea didn't even look at the other girls, focusing on the task at hand. I frowned, feeling useless and like a total burden. Yun-Jin moaned in pain as Élodie healed her, neither of them paying attention to me. Just as I was about to leave again to sulk, the dark figure of a tall man loomed in the doorway.

"Playtime is over."

The Mastermind stood before us, readying inky tendrils that protruded from his hand. Uroboros. Nea leapt to her feet and ran down a grotty old hallway. I dove towards Élodie and Yun-Jin in hopes that they would protect me. But instead, the two bounded after Nea, leaving me alone in their dust. I watched in disbelief as the three ran away without a care in the world for me. I fought back the urge to cry as my bottom lip wobbled.

"Is that all they have? Just leaving you for dead like this?"

I whirled around to look up at the Mastermind. He peered down at me in surprise. He seemed as if he couldn't believe that a child like myself was trapped in such a terrible place.

"How did you get here, son?" The Mastermind asked.

I couldn't speak; couldn't run. My mouth turned dry as sand, my feet glued on the spot. He stepped closer, an unreadable expression on his face. His glowing red eyes were hidden by tinted sunglasses. The Mastermind tucked his arms behind his back politely and stared down at my smaller form curiously.

"I don't know." I managed to blubber out.

I shook like a leaf under his large shadow. A disappointed frown soon tugged at his lips. He wasn't happy about how the other survivors had treated me. Which was weird, with him being a killer and all.

"Come along with me. This is no place for a child." The Mastermind ordered.

My eyes were wide like saucers. What? He wanted me to go with him? Who was this guy?

"Wha...?" I murmured.

The Mastermind offered me an amused smirk. "What's your name, young man?" He asked smugly.

I stammered out my name, followed by calling him 'sir'.

"Albert Wesker." He introduced himself.

Albert stuck out his gloved hand for me. I flinched as I thought he would hurt me, before bashfully shaking it in mine.

"Nice to meet you, sir." I whimpered fearfully.

I tried to be polite and show good manners. Grownups like himself always appreciated that. And I definitely didn't want to get on his bad side.

"The pleasure's all mine." Albert grinned. "Now, come along." He repeated. "Let us find those others who wronged you."

Albert strode past me and down the hallway, his long black coat flowing behind him. I trailed after like a lost puppy, staring up at with with big weary eyes.

"What do you mean?" I squeaked.

The Mastermind and I walked side by side, trudging towards the same way the girls went.

"It is time for revenge, dear boy." He declared. "Show them why they shouldn't neglect you. None of them should."

My teary orbs softened, catching glimpse of his own glowing ones under the side of his glasses.

"But why? Why do you care that they hate me?" I asked.

The sound of our footsteps bounced off the cold hard walls. Albert stared dead ahead, but placed a firm hand on my shoulder. I tensed up in fear as he stopped dead in his tracks. I froze next to him, our gazes meeting once again. He lifted his free hand to his sunglasses, slipping them off his face. I let out a small gasp at the sight of his catlike eyes that glowed like hot magma in the dark. He smiled, giving my shoulder a fatherly pat.

"Because you and I are the same."

We stared at each other for some long, silent moments. I didn't say anything, but slowly stepped closer to him. Albert began walking again, having me follow him obediently. It had been so long since I felt wanted. Though it was a killer who finally had an interest in me, I looked up to him greatly. It made me gleam with pride that Albert thought we were alike. Like, he was so cool! Did that mean I was cool too?

It seemed as if things were finally starting to look up for me here.