Huntress x Fem!Soldier!Reader

Red Forest, Ukraine, 1910s

The trenches were muddied with dirty snow and gunpowder. The air was thick and filled with smoke. A dark stench lingered along with it. It smelt of burning human flesh as well as that of our horses. My horse was surely dead. I had no idea what had happened to it. I was hiding in the trenches, clutching my gun to my chest. I breathed in and out, desperately trying to calm myself down but to no avail. I could hear men screaming and bullets flying.

KABOOM!

Another bomb went off. It shook the ground, causing me to tumble to it. I landed on my stomach and gasped at the loud noise. I scrambled for my gun and slowly lifted my head to look over the trench. Many of my fellow soldiers laid lifeless in the bloody snow. A shaky breath left me as I carefully climbed out of the trench. I looked down at all my friends and bowed my head in sorrow.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

My eyes flew open wide and I leaped behind a large tree. A rain of bullets hit the snow and the trench. I shakily peeked behind the tree and pointed my gun. I spotted a Russian soldier within the shadows of the forest. I aimed for his head and pulled the trigger. The gun drew me back from the impact. I managed to shoot the Russian soldier right in the jawline. His life was snuffed out by me instantly and his broken body crumpled to the ground.

The sound of bullets and explosions was deafening. Not to mention the smell of burning flesh. My fellow soldiers and I thought that the Russian soldiers were all to worry about. We needed to shield ourselves from the bombs and bullets. But the thing was, that wasn't all. There was something out there in the forest, watching us. Some sort of humanoid beast clad with the mask of a horse. The beast emerged from the shadows and appeared to be a huge woman. We didn't stand a chance against her. This war seemed to be fun to her. I could tell by the way she looked and stood that she lived in this forest. She was tall and strong with big calloused hands. Now obviously she wasn't a Russian soldier, but she wore the uniform of one.

One shuttered to think how she got her hands on it.

Many Russian soldiers fell by us. We thought we were winning. They had ran off into the forest hiding. My comrades and our prepared to march through the snow and track them down. My comrade and good friend, Wolfgang, stood by my side. We were on the prowl for Russians but never expected this. The large masked woman ambushed us soldiers with nothing but malicious intent. She must have been studying how the Russians treated us. My fellow soldiers barked orders in German, readying their bayonets for combat. But the woman was too quick. With a grunt, she threw a rusty old hatchet. She aimed it skilfully to Wolfgang and I. I quickly dove out of the way but Wolfgang froze up in fear.

Crack!

The hatchet struck right between his eyes. Hot blood gushed from his skull and spurted onto me where I laid on the ground. Wolfgang's body hit the snow with a thud, staining it red.

"WOLFGANG!" I screamed. I bowed my head and angrily punched the snow. "No..." I sobbed in grief.

The other soldiers let out battle cries and stormed towards the woman. Bayonets sliced through the air but she was too quick. Another hatchet was thrown and another German soldier fell. Anger boiled within me as I carefully brought myself to my feet. We were running out of bullets, but I still had a few. I snatched my gun off the ground and aimed it for the woman's mask.

A soldier pointed his gun at her as well. The woman grabbed the wrist holding it and broke it effortlessly. He shrieked in pain and dropped the gun. She kicked him in the chest where he then laid on the ground. With another grunt, the woman brought her boot down onto his skull. When his head turned to a gory mush, her sights set on another one of my comrades. This man knew that he couldn't beat her so he quickly tried to scamper away. The woman instead grabbed his neck with her big hand and snapped it like a twig. I ducked behind a tree and fired my gun at the woman.