Trickster x Kitten!Reader (fluff)

Unknown location

The gentle rain pattered softly onto the roof of a cardboard box. My mother laid on her side within it, my siblings rushing over to her. I was the smallest and weakest of a litter of six kittens. My siblings were much more strong and healthy compared to me. The five of them tumbled over each other in an effort to feed from our mother. I let out a little mewl, waddling over to get some milk myself. I was pretty hungry, and didn't get fed as much. My siblings each latched onto a teat, suckling greedily. They all hogged mum's side, blocking my view from her teats. I meowed, desperately trying to squeeze through their fluffy bodies. None of my siblings would budge from their spots, selfishly feeding from mum without sharing.

Let me have some! I'm so hungry!

I cried out in hunger, pawing at my brother's leg. He completely ignored me and continued to lap up milk sloppily. My mother lifted her head to look at me, screwing her face up and offering a feral hiss. I recoiled in fear, my ears flattening against my head. She unsheathed her claws and slashed a paw through the air. The action jostled my siblings a little, making them lose their balance, before almost instantly latching back onto her teats. I jumped about a foot in the air before scurrying out of the cardboard box and into the alley.

The rain poured down onto me, causing my fur to grow wet and heavy. I walked through the dark alley, staring down at my paws while crying softly to myself. My own mother hated me, all for being too small. My body was wracked with terrible shivers as the rain grew heavier than before. I trotted down the alley, hoping to find some form of shelter. But what I found instead was strange. It seemed as if the further I went into the alleyway, the deeper and darker it became.

The rain hammered down and disappeared into what looked like thick fog. I couldn't see through it, as it was a murky mist that was seemingly never ending. I ventured through it anyway, still set on finding some shelter. The icy fog was like hell against my already cold and wet fur. I was starving, freezing and all alone. I was sure I was going to die tonight. I embraced my fate as I felt the fog engulf me whole like a morsel of food. My eyes drooped shut, and I fell to floor with a puny thud.

The Entity's realm

To my surprise, I actually woke up. My heavy eyes cracked open as I was embraced with a lovely warmth I hadn't felt before. I scanned my surroundings tiredly, finding myself at a campsite. A large, roaring fire crackled and hissed before me. A few humans hung around it, talking amongst themselves. It was only then I finally looked up, getting the fright of my life when I realised I was on one of their laps. I shrieked in terror and trembled helplessly in their grasp.

"Hey, it's okay." The man said softly.

He looked far from gentle. He wore a grim reaper shirt under a leather jacket, with a bushy black beard on his scarred face. Though I was immeasurably afraid of the certain circumstances I had woken up to, I didn't resist in his lap. The man carefully brought his hand down towards my nose. I gave it a small sniff, before nuzzling into it with a purr.

He was a friend.

"Hey there, buddy. I'm Jeff. How the hell did you end up here?"

Red Forest, the next day

It was weird. Ever since I was brought to this strange place, I felt no hunger. I didn't feel the desire or need to eat at all! Which was good, since I hardly got to anyway. My family had abandoned me, and something told me that I had wandered off quite far from them.

I sat obediently next to Yun-Jin, another human that I quite liked. I followed her focused eyes, observing as she repaired what looked like a big old generator. She was doing so for reasons that were unknown to me, but then again what did I care? I was a freaking cat for god's sake.

As Yun-Jin persisted on the generator, I grew bored watching her. I looked around the dark forest, my keen eyes scanning for another human. There were three others somewhere, but I didn't know where they went. Maybe to find more of these weird generator things? Wasn't too sure. Yun-Jin was meant to watch over me, but she was too busy with other things. Being the curious little one I was, I wandered off from her to find something else to do.

After trotting around the woodsy realm for awhile, I came across a shack. It was poorly made of wooden planks and dimly lit lights, but it was far better than any box I lived in before. Just as I was about to scurry on in, two men zipped past me. They must not of seen me, having nearly trampled me to death and all. I couldn't blame them though, as I was very small and easy to miss. One of the men I knew as David, and the other I was unfamiliar with. I heard Yun-Jin say something earlier about 'the Trickster', so I could only assume this was him. David seemed afraid of him, as he was running away. He bursted into the shack with the stranger hot on his tail. That was a metaphor, of course. David didn't actually have a tail. I sure did though!

I sat down on the forest floor, said tail swishing side to side in the dirt. The two men had disappeared into the shack, before David soon popped up by the window. I meowed a quick hello, but I was too far away for him to hear. He hoisted himself up onto the window and vaulted through with ease. The Trickster attempted to pull him back into the shack by his jacket collar, but was a second too late. An angry look streaked across his face as David ran away to safety. The Trickstsr sneered, before turning away from the window.

I meowed again, and still nobody was around to hear it. Curious of this new stranger, I scampered on over to the shack in which he resided in. I peeked my little head shyly through the doorway. I saw the man stand there in the dark, gripping a bat in his bloody hand until his knuckles turned white. He seemed pretty angry that he couldn't catch David. I guessed I kind of understood. I got pretty huffy too when mice or insects would escape when I played with them back at home.

The Trickster gave an agitated sigh, turning away from the window and towards the door. He stopped dead in his tracks when his piercing yellow gaze locked on my small form. I mewled happily, giving my head a cute tilt.

Hello, new friend!

"A kitten?" The Trickster gasped.

He dropped his bat to the floor and slowly approached me. His anger from before slowly washed away to evolve into confusion. I could read him like a book. What was a little animal like me doing in a place like this?

The Trickster brought himself down into a crouched position. I meowed again and nuzzled myself against his leg with a purr. He froze in shock at my action, gawking in adoration down at me. Though he was still rather mad, an undeniable grin tugged at the corners of his lips.

"Hello, beautiful." He cooed. The man gently picked me up, rose to his feet and cradled me to his bare chest. "What's a kitty cat like yourself doing out here all alone?" He asked.

I mewled, rubbing up against his neck affectionately. I couldn't stop myself from purring like an engine again. The Trickster chuckled softly, cuddling me closer to him.

"You're so cute. You're sticking with me." He smiled.

He stroked my fur, smearing blood into it but I didn't mind. I hadn't experienced such love and affection before. I was basking in every second of it. I laid my head against his chest and continued to purr. The Trickster rested his chin between my ears, enjoying the feel of my soft fur running through his fingers. Something told me I wouldn't mind 'sticking with' the Trickster here. We had only just met, but I felt a strong connection forming. I meowed gleefully, making the Trickster giggle.

Let's hope he wasn't allergic to cats.