Huntress x Reader (fluff)

I knew that the Entity didn't have favourites, but I wasn't so sure about its killers. It was strange... this certain one, I thought she liked me. We called her the Huntress, and she was a large woman cladded in the head of a hare. She fiercely wielded a set of terrible hatchets, but made up for it with the Russian lullaby she always hummed so softly. The other survivors thought it was creepy, but I quite liked it. Although, it was probably creepy because they actually got hit with her hatchets. Me on the other hand, not so much.

Like I said before, I was pretty sure the Huntress was playing favourites with me. I didn't know what I did to make her like me, but she definitely did. I was too fascinated by her, and wanted to know more. But I was unable to, having to actually do trials and such. So I specifically liked it when I went on them with the Huntress. Obviously, since she never hurt me and all. Though it sounded like she was easy to go up against because of this, it actually wasn't. The reality was that I had to run around all trial protecting the other survivors. The Huntress might've been sweet on me, but definitely not on everyone else.

"Feng!" I gasped.

Feng Min staggered towards me, blood gushing down her back. She offered a pained grunt, practically falling into my arms. I grabbed at her shoulders and she went limp in my hold. Her sickeningly warm blood spilled through the cracks of my fingers. I pulled her away from me and carefully pushed her down into a seated position. I crouched down onto the grotty hospital floor next to her, fishing out some disinfectant and gauze I kept with me. There was a large gaping gash in Feng's back; an undeniable hatchet wound. I unscrewed the rusty cap off the disinfectant bottle and dumped the fluid onto the injury. Feng whined, her chest heaving as the blood continued to drip down.

It was a messy patch up, but it would've had to of done. I wrapped the gauze around and around Feng's skinny body. I tightened it over her polo shirt, making sure it was snug against her wound. When Feng stopped gasping in pain, and the blood seemed to stop, we both shakily rose to our feet.

"There you go." I said.

She gave me a curt nod of gratitude, before running off down the hall without a word. I sighed glumly to myself. Typical Feng. She didn't need nobody. I began to walk in the opposite direction, venturing through the abandoned hospital alone. I wasn't by myself for long though. I soon found Bill and David working on a generator together.

"Hey." I greeted.

They didn't respond as I crouched down next to them, connecting wires and cranking gears. I assisted helpfully with the generator, making the repair all the more efficient. Though the gen was now done, we had much bigger problems, as all three of our hearts began to pound out of our chests. Uh-oh, that only meant one thing. The lilted humming of a woman's voice echoed down the dark hall.

The Huntress.

She emerged from the darkness, hatchet raised. David turned and instantly took off running. It took Bill and I a few moments to process what was happening first. As the Huntress stormed towards us, we finally got the memo and ran after David. Our footsteps bounced off the walls as we powered through the old building. The Huntress readied her hatchet, then chucked it with a mighty grunt. It whooshed in the air over and over before it struck home, deep within Bill's back. He yelled out in pain, flopping to the floor. David didn't dare look back, but I slammed on the brakes. I whirled around to gawk in horror at the poor man bleeding on the floor.

"Bill!" I cried.

In a flurry of panic, I raced over and tried to pull Bill to his feet. He groaned in agony as I tugged at his wrists, trying to force him up.

"Come on, Bill. We gotta go." I stuttered.

The Huntress' bare feet slapped against the tiled floor as she quickly approached. It all seemed to happen in slow motion. It was clear she had no intent on attacking me, her black eyes locked on Bill. She thrusted a second hatchet up, preparing to bring it down onto him.

"No!" I shouted.

Without thinking, I rummaged through my things to yank out my trusty flashlight. I flicked it on and proceeded to shine it in the Huntress' masked face. She made a squeal of anger, shielding her eyes with a big hand. Bill took this time to finally pull himself up, limping down the hall to where David was apparently waiting. I was almost delighted to see that he actually stopped running to help us. The Huntress recovered from the light, and loomed before me with a bloody hatched in her grip. Uh-oh...

"David, take Bill." I called back importantly.

The two men disappeared around a corner, safe. Me on the other hand, I wasn't so sure. Then again the Huntress proved to be rather docile with me. She hummed a tune to herself, studying my trembling form up and down. I was completely frozen on the spot, staring nervously at her with big wide eyes. The Huntress smirked, lifting a hand towards me. I flinched slightly, but quickly relaxed when I realised she still wasn't going to hurt me.

"Cute." The Huntress cooed.

She pet the top of my head crudely, messing up my hair.

"What?" I squeaked.

She chuckled, weaving her fingers lovingly through my locks. "You are so cute, little baby. I give you hatch today, yes?" The Huntress said.

"I..." I stammered in shock.

She smiled brightly, slipping her hand out of my hair and onto my cheek. She ran a calloused thumb over it, staring into my eyes longingly.

"You get hatch." The Huntress declared.

"Thank you, but I—oh!" I yelped as I was lifted up into the air by a single arm.

The woman slammed me onto her shoulder, keeping a firm grip around my waist. She turned on her heel and walked the same way she came, away from the others. Except Feng, god knew where that broad ran off to. The Huntress kept on going with her lullaby, humming hauntingly through the dark. I didn't dare struggle in her grasp, nor did I speak. I didn't want to do anything to make her change her mind in letting me live.

"You are so cute. You are favourite. I want to keep you forever." The Huntress said between her humming.

Huh, so I was right. She was playing favourites with me! I weakly lifted my head up, looking over my shoulder at the back of her head.

"Oh? Thank you, but why?" I asked.

The Huntress didn't respond. She simply continued on, walking past a broken generator and into what looked like a bathroom. In the corner by a shower, was the hatch. She slipped me off her shoulder and gently placed me down onto my feet. I met her gaze, before momentarily looking back at the hatch.

"Why are you doing this for me?" I uttered.

The Huntress smiled warmly, tucking some hair away from my face. "Because you are favourite. I keep you safe. Forever." She answered sternly.

I curiously tilted my head against her hand. Her eyes looked pitch black behind that bunny mask of hers. I couldn't help but be captivated by them.

"What's your name?" I whispered.

"Anna." The Huntress replied.

"Anna." I smiled, testing it out on my tongue.  I cuddled into her palm affectionally. "Hello, Anna." I greeted.

I then told her my own name.

"Hello," Anna smiled back, as she then too crooned my name.

I had never talked to Anna before. I had seen her on multiple trials prior. Every time, she never hurt me. To now finally interact with her was so refreshing. I hadn't felt the warm touch of a human being in a very long time. This realm was dark and twisted, no love was found here. So for Anna to gently caress my cheek while wearing the kindest of smiles? It was heartwarming.

"You wait here." She instructed. "When I come back, you get hatch."

I hesitated, knowing that she was going to go find and then off my friends. I wanted to say something, but it might've ruined what we had. I didn't necessarily know what exactly it was, but I did know I didn't want to lose it so soon.

"Okay, Anna." I sighed softly. "I'll wait here for you."

Anna giggled, wrapping her big strong arms around me in an embrace. Her masked face nuzzled into the crook of my neck.

"So cute. So warm." She giggled again.