Nightmare x Fem!Dead!Reader

Springwood, Ohio, 2010

I flopped onto my bed with a sigh after a long day of school. Well, not school school. I was homeschooled. I still had a lot of work to do and had my strictest teacher today. I actually had great teachers, the best of the best. Of course, I always had to have the best of the best. Not that I was spoiled or anything (on purpose, at least). It wasn't ever my choice. It was my family; my siblings. After mum and dad died, my big sis and bro were my immediate caregivers.

My older sister, Louise, always made sure that I had what was best for me. Well, what she thought was best for me. We were quite a wealthy family, living in a large estate and all. So my teachers would come by everyday and teach me in the lavish library we had. Louise was always checking up on me, always making sure my teachers were educating me right. One thing wrong, and out they went. She was definitely a freak nitpicker when it came to stuff like that.

My older brother, Ezra, was naturally the man of the house. He was a strong young man who cared for us with an iron fist. He was tough as nails and often seemed a bit standoffish. Some thought Ezra was a little scary, and I could see that. My siblings were never really ones to fit in, even with their privileged lifestyles.

We were just weird.

So it killed me a little inside when I left.

While I laid in my room that night, I knew this just wasn't for me. Of course it was great to be wealthy and everything, but... I guess I just didn't want to end up like my siblings in a way. Outcasts, weirdos... brats. That was what people would call them. I didn't believe that, I didn't think that. I rolled over in my bed and faced the wall with a frown upon my young features. Maybe... just maybe... what I needed was to be free. Get away from it all, become my own person.

The first thing I did the next morning was put on my dress and pack my bags swiftly. I remembered thundering down the spiral staircase and out the grand doors of the estate. Ezra and Louise did not agree with this. They wanted me to stay in the estate and be homeschooled until I graduated. I didn't have long, I was eighteen and in the twelfth grade. What they didn't understand about that is I didn't want to miss out! I wanted to see what it was like in a public school. Better late than never, right? I wanted to study my passions in an environment that wasn't so proper all the time. I just wanted to be free. So I did just that.

I bought an apartment in town with little to no effort. The landlord was a bit skeptical at first when an eighteen year old girl waltzed in asking to purchase such a pricy home. But when I unzipped my bag and pulled out a briefcase filled to the brim with cash, all his pride went out the window. When he showed me the apartment, I giggled and jumped on the spot at how nice it was. The middle aged landlord, knowing how much I was willing to pay him, too giggled and jumped with me. Wow, the real world was already so fun! People were so nice, right? Right...? Right?

My first day of school was on the following Monday. I shuffled on through the crowded corridor with my little backpack and textbooks and everything. It was kind of exciting! I would've never of guessed I got to do something so normal like all the other kids. God knew Ezra and Louise wouldn't of ever guessed/wanted this either. But I was an adult now, and I could make my own decisions. It was a hard pill for my siblings to swallow but they eventually accepted it. This was my life now and I was obsessed.

Until it was cut short.

Through the course of the first semester, I began to drastically change. Studying and school had become my whole life. Why wouldn't it? I left the estate and my siblings behind. This school was all I had now. When I got home from it, I studied. I studied until way past midnight. Then I'd have a very short sleep and get up early to go to school.